Spiller the Diller

Storm Front

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I wasted mid round draft picks on Spiller in two fantasy leagues this year :wallbash:

Tsk, tsk. You should know better. One of the few benefits of being a Bills fan is watching other people over draft our players in fantasy leagues.

No. It makes much more sense to just assume that three consecutive coaches, two lauded for their offensive creativity, simply can't figure out a way to maximize his other-worldly skill set that only we fans recognize.

Fortunately for us you are smarter than Sean Payton and recognized that he wasn't just misunderstood brilliance in Buffalo. :rolleyes:

Confident coaches thinking they can fix any player....or make their system work anywhere.....is nothing new.

Spiller's major problem is a lack of smarts and going to a more sophisticated system was inevitably going to result in him being marginalized.

I think Payton is actually doing a good job with him, considering.

Trying to give him enough carries for him to bust a long one is counterproductive for an offense that needs to score 6 TD's to expect to win.

Add his contract to J. Byrds and the Saints are paying Suh $$ for Buffalo cast always and getting NOTHING in return. I doubt they ever sign a former Bill again.

The Dolphins are paying suh money and getting similar production... The lesson? I want to say big contracts are rarely worth it, but that may be an over-simplification.

Saw that on redzone

Bad play call I thought was stuffed for most backs

Well, the Bills fans who endlessly B word about playcalls would have told you it was a bad playcall when he was here too.

The REASON it's a bad play call is because it's a play Spiller can't make. He's the genesis.

In fact, there's a pretty sizable list of plays Spiller has proven incapable of making. So, logic would dictate, there's an equally long list of playcalls that would be "bad" to make with him in the game.

If he's good for one thing, it's eliminating large portions of any OC's playbook. This much we know.

Well, the Bills fans who endlessly B word about playcalls would have told you it was a bad playcall when he was here too.

The REASON it's a bad play call is because it's a play Spiller can't make. He's the genesis.

In fact, there's a pretty sizable list of plays Spiller has proven incapable of making. So, logic would dictate, there's an equally long list of playcalls that would be "bad" to make with him in the game.

If he's good for one thing, it's eliminating large portions of any OC's playbook. This much we know.

Big Cat... I get you're reasoning AND YET.... Chan Gailey found a way to make CJ productive. What can't other OCs?