Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

I'm surprised UNC fans were so disengaged, being the SU fan I am, while I was hoping, I really did not see that game getting too close mid-way through the first half. SU just seemed pretty 'blah' all game

It was hard to estimate what the percentages were with so many lingering Nova fans and a few masochistic Oklahoma fans still in attendance but I'd have to guess it was higher than 60-40 in favor of Cuse. The UNC fans still seemed tense until under the 2 min mark. The celebration didn't really start until a minute in change left. The better team won, but there were stretches where I really thought we were going to see an encore of the UVA game.

Edited by The Poojer

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised UNC fans were so disengaged, being the SU fan I am, while I was hoping, I really did not see that game getting too close mid-way through the first half. SU just seemed pretty 'blah' all game

They went nuts once it was obvious that a miracle wasn't happening. I was surprised to see that the UNC presence was by far the smallest of all the out of town fans. My area of town turned into a SU and Oklahoma class reunion. Nova fans all congregated at the bar next door. UNC fans were scarce.

Great game, congrats to Nova, but I did feel the refs played too much of a role. Really wish the Heels would have guarded that last inbounds pass.

Refs were brutal. That last bailout call for nova guard vs hicks was the kiss of death.

Paige double clutch 3 goes to waste. What a game

That Jenkins kid for nova was hitting everything. I knew that shot was cash the second he let it go.

The foul on the Meeks dive killed me too, what a nice hustle play from the big man. Congrats to Nova would love to see these 2 teams play a series.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Refs were brutal. That last bailout call for nova guard vs hicks was the kiss of death.

Paige double clutch 3 goes to waste. What a game

That Jenkins kid for nova was hitting everything. I knew that shot was cash the second he let it go.

The foul on the Meeks dive killed me too, what a nice hustle play from the big man. Congrats to Nova would love to see these 2 teams play a series.

I really hate blaming refs, because if the Heels just guard differently on that last play the game goes to OT and who knows what would have happened.

BUT...what of the 1/2-dozen or so non-calls on blatant Nova traveling in the 1st half? They were walking all over the place. 8 straight foul calls against Carolina? Come on.

Never seen a team hit so many clutch, end-of-the-shot-clock buckets as Nova. Every freaking time. The Heels weren't playing bad D.

I'm too close to it to be able to appreciate the greatness of the game just yet...feels too raw right now.

I really hate blaming refs, because if the Heels just guard differently on that last play the game goes to OT and who knows what would have happened.

BUT...what of the 1/2-dozen or so non-calls on blatant Nova traveling in the 1st half? They were walking all over the place. 8 straight foul calls against Carolina? Come on.

Never seen a team hit so many clutch, end-of-the-shot-clock buckets as Nova. Every freaking time. The Heels weren't playing bad D.

I'm too close to it to be able to appreciate the greatness of the game just yet...feels too raw right now.

Got to agree with this. Seemed like the refs were very one sided towards the cats for most of the game. Couple travels they let go & I thought Page got hacked a few times when he went to the rack with no calls. Still if they defend better on that last shot & play defense a bit differently they go to overtime, where I would have to say they would probably come out on top since they would of had all the momentum from the unbelievable shot to tie the game. & yes I am a bit bias because I had money on UNC last night.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are plenty of folks who believed the NCAA would rather not have a program under investigation win arguably their biggest championship (or at worst, 2nd behind football).

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but there are plenty of folks who believed the NCAA would rather not have a program under investigation win arguably their biggest championship (or at worst, 2nd behind football).

It sure seemed like that for most of the game. The call against meeks diving for the lose ball was ridiculous at best & down right criminal at worse. No way you make a call like that in a championship game.

The writing has been on the wall since January. I wish the kid the best. He handled the situation with class and dignity, and from what I have heard was a great teammate throughout.

yes-- complete class act.

I was actually hoping he stuck around. If MR leaves, I saw Kaleb maybe getting more minutes next year. I don't think JB is ready to play Howard for 30 minutes per game yet, and you never know about freshmen.

yes-- complete class act.

I was actually hoping he stuck around. If MR leaves, I saw Kaleb maybe getting more minutes next year. I don't think JB is ready to play Howard for 30 minutes per game yet, and you never know about freshmen.

Tyus Battle is the truth. Also, I heard that Cuse has a very good chance at landing Columbia junior transfer SG Grant Mullins. He is eligible to play immediately, and shot 45% from 3 point range last season.