Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

never attend a UNC game in chapel hill its amazing they let refs leave after they lose. I swear they are rabid fans in a bad way.

They blew out Kent state and they wanted the pg from Kent ejected because he had an accidental rough foul against pretty girl haynesborough. It was clearly an accident. All you heard all game was people botching he wasn't ejected. And even after. It was... sad. Poor losers. Poor winners.

Duke lives up to their rep. rich bratty idealogues. NC state is a lot more fun to watch.

Wow, nice of you to lump an entire fan base into one bucket.

I'll tell you, I love the Buffalo Bills, but their fans leave a lot to be desired.

Neutral fan here and I disagree lol. Seeing a UNC fan complain about officiating is like looking at a Pats* fan complain about it. Things go in UNC's favor way more than the other way. This was a great game by both teams. It shouldn't be sullied with complaints and accusations of impropriety. UNC dominated throughout the tourney and looked excellent but they had a pretty easy road to the Championship game. They played in order a 16, 9, 6, 10 seed. Nova was by far the best team they played against. They were met with a very tough challenge for the first time in the tourney and got beat in one of the best NC games in recent history. No shame in that.

I agree with you that there are calls in every game that can go either way -- you hope they occur either early in the game or at a point at which they don't seem to directly impact the end result or flow of the game. My take is that, at least to me, on Monday night a number of blatantly bad calls were made that did impact the flow and outcome -- the brutal call against Hicks (after not calling a travel on Booth) with 30 seconds to go was huge. Do you think it's "normal" for eight consecutive fouls to be called against one team, when the other team is the one playing overly aggressive defense?

I hope you see where I gave Villanova all the credit for how they played and how well they shot the ball.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, nice of you to lump an entire fan base into one bucket.

I'll tell you, I love the Buffalo Bills, but their fans leave a lot to be desired.

I agree with you that there are calls in every game that can go either way -- you hope they occur either early in the game or at a point at which they don't seem to directly impact the end result or flow of the game. My take is that, at least to me, on Monday night a number of blatantly bad calls were made that did impact the flow and outcome -- the brutal call against Hicks (after not calling a travel on Booth) with 30 seconds to go was huge. Do you think it's "normal" for eight consecutive fouls to be called against one team, when the other team is the one playing overly aggressive defense?

I hope you see where I gave Villanova all the credit for how they played and how well they shot the ball.

there are very good UNC fans but they are en masse also some of the most bitter and hateful fans out there. Most duke, ncsu or wfu fans don't care much for UNC. But they don't look foe every opportunity to hate.

UNC fans are like the guy with the fastest car on the block. They will drive 100 mph and slow down and give the finger when someone in the slow lane beside them is going 65.

there are very good UNC fans but they are en masse also some of the most bitter and hateful fans out there. Most duke, ncsu or wfu fans don't care much for UNC. But they don't look foe every opportunity to hate.

UNC fans are like the guy with the fastest car on the block. They will drive 100 mph and slow down and give the finger when someone in the slow lane beside them is going 65.

Dude, you can't be serious about State fans. They hate UNC with a passion -- it's unlike anything I have ever seen. They are, hands down, the worst fans I have ever witnessed. They want the NCAA to take down banners and give the program the death penalty. It's pure, unadulterated hatred.

Dude, you can't be serious about State fans. They hate UNC with a passion -- it's unlike anything I have ever seen. They are, hands down, the worst fans I have ever witnessed. They want the NCAA to take down banners and give the program the death penalty. It's pure, unadulterated hatred.

i mean, the ncaa should sanction unc and penalize them. all schools cheat somehow but unc has been ugly for a while and i've heard this from former players admitting it.

and state fans do not hate unc too much. you want hate you get ohio state/school north. texas/texas am. oregon/oregon state. ucla/usc, clemson/usc....

ncsu is not even unc's biggest rival by any means. and when it comes to schools in this state i support its ncsu because its a state school with the ag program.

when it comes to unc, it's simple to see. wfu fans don't care much about duke. nscu fans don't care about duke. .... wfu hate unc. ncsu hate unc. duke hate unc. everyone hates unc because their arrogance as a fan base.

Chino is gone....sorry to go off topic with a syracuse basketball related post.....

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2016/04/chino_obokoh_is_transferring_from_syracuse_basketball.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Its mildly curious but with Roberson, Chukwu and Lydon up front, he likely wasn't going to get much is any PT. Does this open up a scholarship for another big?

Its mildly curious but with Roberson, Chukwu and Lydon up front, he likely wasn't going to get much is any PT. Does this open up a scholarship for another big?

They already had a scholarship for him, but 5 star PF Taurean Thompson remains a high priority target for 2016-17. He is getting some big offers from Kansas, UCONN and Kentucky, but Cuse has a legit chance.

i mean, the ncaa should sanction unc and penalize them. all schools cheat somehow but unc has been ugly for a while and i've heard this from former players admitting it.

and state fans do not hate unc too much. you want hate you get ohio state/school north. texas/texas am. oregon/oregon state. ucla/usc, clemson/usc....

ncsu is not even unc's biggest rival by any means. and when it comes to schools in this state i support its ncsu because its a state school with the ag program.

when it comes to unc, it's simple to see. wfu fans don't care much about duke. nscu fans don't care about duke. .... wfu hate unc. ncsu hate unc. duke hate unc. everyone hates unc because their arrogance as a fan base.

You're so wrong I don't know where to begin. UNC isn't NCSU's biggest rival? What state are you living in?

Particularly before the ACC expanded, you are correct that all schools hated Carolina -- hence the "ABC" moniker (Anybody But Carolina). That's not because of their arrogance -- it's because Dean Smith beat the bejeezus out of everyone.

Your bias is clear -- I won't continue the discussion further.

They already had a scholarship for him, but 5 star PF Taurean Thompson remains a high priority target for 2016-17. He is getting some big offers from Kansas, UCONN and Kentucky, but Cuse has a legit chance.

I keep waiting for news on him but he seems intent on waiting this thing out. He must be choosing the school that send the best strippers.

Dembele would be a huge get. A great consolation prize for Thompson who I have a feeling will go to Kansas. I also would love for them to get that transfer SG from Columbia. Syracuse has 3 open scholarships for 2016-17.

• 2 weeks later...

A little recruiting FWIW update.

For those who haven't read my recruiting posts, I have a connection within the athletic dept who once in a while slides some little tid-bits my way.

Disclaimer: sometimes these pan out and I am right, and sometimes I turn out to be wrong. College basketball recruiting is a crazy thing.

It appears as though it's down to Yukon and Syracuse for 2016 PF Taurean Thompson. I thought for sure Kansas was going to pursue harder. He is taking an official visit to Storrs on Monday. Could be an announcement within the next couple weeks. I am hearing, from my guy on the hill, that Syracuse feels pretty good about their chances right now. If no Thompson, they have a solid backup plan in Dembele who has strong interest in Cuse.

Cuse has cooled on Columbia transfer SG Grant Mullins. Apparently, he is looking to transfer to a school with the best business grad program, and it's looking like Stanford, Cal, and Michigan are all in the mix.

i just read the Columbia kid was on campus yesterday or today...fingers crossed on thompson

A little recruiting FWIW update.

For those who haven't read my recruiting posts, I have a connection within the athletic dept who once in a while slides some little tid-bits my way.

Disclaimer: sometimes these pan out and I am right, and sometimes I turn out to be wrong. College basketball recruiting is a crazy thing.

It appears as though it's down to Yukon and Syracuse for 2016 PF Taurean Thompson. I thought for sure Kansas was going to pursue harder. He is taking an official visit to Storrs on Monday. Could be an announcement within the next couple weeks. I am hearing, from my guy on the hill, that Syracuse feels pretty good about their chances right now. If no Thompson, they have a solid backup plan in Dembele who has strong interest in Cuse.

Cuse has cooled on Columbia transfer SG Grant Mullins. Apparently, he is looking to transfer to a school with the best business grad program, and it's looking like Stanford, Cal, and Michigan are all in the mix.

I think the fact that I graduated from the SU business grad program is confirmation that it's not one of the best.