Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

I hope not, especially considering we do not have any talented depth on the roster. The current team can't afford to lose one of those guys early.

Hopefully someone talks some sense into him if that is what he is leaning towards.

I am wondering that now with the new system of players being able to work out at pre-draft events and still stay eligible whether this might causr more guys to come back to school.

But even if we lose MR, we really got "our money's worth" with a final four run.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what will make this game intriguing. All bets are off. Two totally different teams.

I will say the one guy that really scares me on NC is Meeks. I still think he will be the best pro player from that team.

Yikes. I'd have to say an entire nation of Carolina fans would disagree. Meeks is considered, for the most part, to be a 250-lb. part of the female anatomy.

Cuse's biggest problem with the Heels is that Carolina's bigs can all pass out of the middle of that zone, and Brice's mid-range jumper has become automatic.

It's a very intriguing game...neither of these teams' matchups during the regular season were blowouts.

Yikes. I'd have to say an entire nation of Carolina fans would disagree. Meeks is considered, for the most part, to be a 250-lb. part of the female anatomy.

Cuse's biggest problem with the Heels is that Carolina's bigs can all pass out of the middle of that zone, and Brice's mid-range jumper has become automatic.

It's a very intriguing game...neither of these teams' matchups during the regular season were blowouts.

Wow. Really? Seems like every time I see them play, Meeks is a beast. Kind of surprised by this.

I will say that Pitt fans thought the same about Steven Adams, and that guy has been a tough, solid rookie starter for the Thunder.

By the way, did anyone else love Kevin Harlan calling that Cuse game. Really perfect for that kind of game--- "Malachi Richardson has gone mad!!!"

Kevin Harlan is no Gus Johnson who I sorely miss not doing the tournament anymore but he is the next best thing. He called a great game Sunday as he usually does.

Wow. Really? Seems like every time I see them play, Meeks is a beast. Kind of surprised by this.

I will say that Pitt fans thought the same about Steven Adams, and that guy has been a tough, solid rookie starter for the Thunder.

Meeks used to be my favorite. I think I heard somewhere he's playing w a knee thing which explains his drop off.

He's not dominating like he could. Still has that big body to get rebounds and has game though.

Yes, Meeks hurt his knee early in the year and was out for a while. Even before that, though, the feeling was he played soft too often -- but that was said about the entire team until recently.

He's an excellent outlet passer and has good touch -- can't really jump worth a lick, though. He had a great first five minutes of the 2nd half Sunday night, scoring the Heels' first eight points of the half.

He's important to the overall picture, but far from my favorite. I don't know if he'll be able to earn an NBA paycheck or not. You may not be aware that the knock on Meeks when he arrived at UNC was his weight. He was a tub o' goo when he got here, and has worked hard on his conditioning. I'll give him credit for that.

The game at UNC was a 2 point game with around a couple minutes left, and at the dome we had the lead in the second half. They passed out of the zone and from the free throw line much better in the first game than the second. I bet you Jimmy B has these guys playing balls out D on Saturday and I think that Jimmy is a better coach than old aww shucks Roy.

However, UNC has a stable of talent that will probably wear us down again. I can't believe I am saying this but the late season revelation that has become Frank Howard could be a game-changer in this regard. His increased minutes has allowed the starters to get more rest...and at times he has run the offense more smoothly than either the two starting guards.

They are playing at more of an elite level and should beat the Cuse on Saturday...but we are not the same team that they faced either time this year. Bring it on.

The game at UNC was a 2 point game with around a couple minutes left, and at the dome we had the lead in the second half. They passed out of the zone and from the free throw line much better in the first game than the second. I bet you Jimmy B has these guys playing balls out D on Saturday and I think that Jimmy is a better coach than old aww shucks Roy.

However, UNC has a stable of talent that will probably wear us down again. I can't believe I am saying this but the late season revelation that has become Frank Howard could be a game-changer in this regard. His increased minutes has allowed the starters to get more rest...and at times he has run the offense more smoothly than either the two starting guards.

They are playing at more of an elite level and should beat the Cuse on Saturday...but we are not the same team that they faced either time this year. Bring it on.

I'm not feeling the Frank Howard momentum, he is nice in the zone/press but he is way to unsure off himself with the ball. Part of that is probably because he plays tentative due to coach riding his ass. He has played a role but I don't see him being a deciding factor.

Malachi is the wild card once again...if he gets hot all bets are off and we are going into the championship game vs. a lesser team than NC. Coach won't be able to press NC to get out of a hole as he has done the past two games. Malachi and company will have to shoot better in the first half and quite FRANKLY they are due. Also keep in an eye on Lydon and Coleman splitting minutes. I have a feel Coleman is going to be a factor vs. NC...no idea why but I'm hot right now. :) go cuse.

Howard will be a great 4-year player.

I do think the offense is much smoother with him at the point, as opposed to watching the terrible pick and roll game the other guards run most of the time (with no roll).

But he is prone to young mistakes.

Agree re Coleman. He could be an X factor; he needs to be aggressive on the offensive end.

There are only a couple of guys on the UNC roster who will earn NBA paychecks. They're just a very experienced team and they do have depth, particularly up front.

There are only a couple of guys on the UNC roster who will earn NBA paychecks. They're just a very experienced team and they do have depth, particularly up front.

I gotta say that this UNC team is easy to cheer for. Lots of vets, not just 1-and-doners.

I am going to root hard for them after they beat Syracuse. They are sure to win.

I gotta say that this UNC team is easy to cheer for. Lots of vets, not just 1-and-doners.

I am going to root hard for them after they beat Syracuse. They are sure to win.

UNC is the best team left but in a one game situation anything can happen, also factor in the raised floor and lack of a shooting backdrop. Syracuse should be able to get the lead early while UNC adjusts to the zone and the change of scenery. It's the year for the Orange that's not going to change Saturday, another dramatic win then time to down the Sooners.

UNC is the best team left but in a one game situation anything can happen, also factor in the raised floor and lack of a shooting backdrop. Syracuse should be able to get the lead early while UNC adjusts to the zone and the change of scenery. It's the year for the Orange that's not going to change Saturday, another dramatic win then time to down the Sooners.

Yeah I just don't see it. UNC has too much talent & veteran leadership to fall short againt the orange. It maybe a close game for awhile but the heels should pull away. Cuse has had a nice run but let's face it, their side of the bracket opened up when Sparty fell. If that doesn't happen in all likelyhood the Orange don't get out of the first weekend of the tournament. I think their run ends Saturday night. I will be shocked if they win.