Could this weekend have been any better for the Bills?

The texans were getting beat 44-0 at halftime by the hapless dolphins last week. After beating a 1 win team 6 quarters later they are now contenders. (Says you and cbssports) What did i miss?

its because they are only like a game out of leading their division. God love the AFC south.

I love the "Bye Week Muscles" on this board. A few crappy and hapless teams lose and suddenly it makes our team look less hapless and crappy.

There is a notable uplift in spirit this week :lol: . Good old fans bouncing back already haha. There were those that were saying with the weak AFC, 9-7 for the playoffs looks more like a reality this year though.

I love the "Bye Week Muscles" on this board. A few crappy and hapless teams lose and suddenly it makes our team look less hapless and crappy.

It's almost like some people watch football and root for the Bills for fun or something. Like it's all just a game that we use to unwind. Weird.

Seriously though, I get your point, but there is no harm in enjoying the season (what we can of it anyway).

The scores did go for us. Even KC winning is good for us I think. I cannot see a route to the wildcard now that doesn't involve beating Kansas City and as a result their win helps in the unlikely event we end up in a strength of schedule decider.

We have to look a totally different team out of the bye for me to get back on board the play-off train though. I want to see a defensive playbook that is stripped back and that lets the line focusing on getting after the passer and letting our linebackers have straightforward coverage responsibilities and obviously I want to see a healthy Tyrod Taylor with some of his weapons back on offense and the first choice line back in front of him.

We need the next two if we are going to have any hope - if we take them then I might start looking at the play-off picture in a little more detail.

With a win against the Dolphins and jets, we'll be in a much better position. Drop either of those games and my hopes will deflate faster than a tom Brady football

This is right on point. They can afford (expect?)another L in Foxboro but if they can't beat the Dolphins and Jets with an injured Fitz/Geno/Petty...they don't deserve to be in the conversation

With a win against the Dolphins and jets, we'll be in a much better position. Drop either of those games and my hopes will deflate faster than a tom Brady football

I don't think that Bills Fans realize just how funny they are.

Hey, I really do get your post, but read it again and look at your screen name!

Bills Fans are some of the funniest people in Earth. :)

Hope is eternal. When the Bills have a bye week after losing to one of the worst teams in the league. The stars allign, AFC teams lose, and sudeenly the Bills are awesome again. without taking a single snap. 15+ years of suck Will do that too a fanbase.

Win the next two and the Bills position themselves for a wildcard. But at least there will be plenty of reasons for another off season paper championship too build on then. I want a team that kicks butt on the field, not one that always needs " help" to accomplish anything.

is Wrecks Ryan back from vacation yet? Sorry, I'm skeptical of his "style" even though the fish will be fried this Sunday. Or better be, not a simgle person thought the Bills could ever lose too the Jags.

Hope is eternal. When the Bills have a bye week after losing to one of the worst teams in the league. The stars allign, AFC teams lose, and sudeenly the Bills are awesome again. without taking a single snap. 15+ years of suck Will do that too a fanbase.

Win the next two and the Bills position themselves for a wildcard. But at least there will be plenty of reasons for another off season paper championship too build on then. I want a team that kicks butt on the field, not one that always needs " help" to accomplish anything.

is Wrecks Ryan back from vacation yet? Sorry, I'm skeptical of his "style" even though the fish will be fried this Sunday. Or better be, not a simgle person thought the Bills could ever lose too the Jags.

Yep, that's why I called it "Bye Week Muscles"....had we pummeled the Jags and showed some consistency in defense over the past four weeks, I would be happy with these various game scores. But when we continuously **** the bed with mediocre play, I would approach the Dolphins and Jets as Superbowl freaking champs if I was Rex.

Waiting for other teams to "help us" make the playoffs is a sure sign of mediocrity.