Fitz hurt, Geno in, Jest suddenly WAY beatable

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude.

You know what I meant. He wrote that "Blake Bortles beat us."

We LOST to the Jaguars. But because "Blake Bortles beat us."

He netted 13 points. Two td's, two FG's, one pick six.

Blake Bortles wasn't the difference.

I see how you're looking at it.

Another way of looking at it is, we came back in the 4th Q and were leading the Jags 31-27. Bortles led the Jags down the field, including 2-12 and 3-15 conversions and capped by a 31 yd TD pass.

Then we stalled out on our 2-minute drive when just FG range could have tied it.

So yeah, another way of looking at it was, at the end of the game, Blake Bortles was the difference.

They have support garments to address that.

LOL but actually, I have long thought Fitzy should take to wearing a glove. That extra grip in the cold weather could be all the difference.

I see how you're looking at it.

Another way of looking at it is, we came back in the 4th Q and were leading the Jags 31-27. Bortles led the Jags down the field, including 2-12 and 3-15 conversions and capped by a 31 yd TD pass.

Then we stalled out on our 2-minute drive when just FG range could have tied it.

So yeah, another way of looking at it was, at the end of the game, Blake Bortles was the difference.

And another way of looking at it was, at the end of the game, down by 3 with 2:00+ and 3 time outs left, E.J. was not the difference.

Yeah we came back and had the lead - thanks to the defense. At no time after the 3-0 lead (should have been 7) in the first quarter did E.J. ever walk off the field with the lead.

:lol: :lol:

And another way of looking at it was, at the end of the game, down by 3 with 2:00+ and 3 time outs left, E.J. was not the difference.

Yeah we came back and had the lead - thanks to the defense. At no time after the 3-0 lead (should have been 7) in the first quarter did E.J. ever walk off the field with the lead.

if you want to keep crapping on EJ as THE reason then someone else but me needs to remind people of the Shady fumble at the 1 yard line that may have secured the win!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

:lol: :lol:

if you want to keep crapping on EJ as THE reason then someone else but me needs to remind people of the Shady fumble at the 1 yard line that may have secured the win!

I wasn't crapping on him as THE reason. There were lots of reasons, the BIGGEST by far was the incredibly crappy play by EJ. And whenever somebody tries to minimize that by talking about how he came back it seems they need to be reminded that after giving the other team 20 points, there was no point in the game where EJ ever did enough to walk off the field with the lead. So talking about a comeback doesn't really seem like much of a reason not to crap on EJ's crappy play.

Crap is crap. Was EJ THE reason? No. There was a fumble by Shady. That's bad but nowhere near as bad as Ej's plays. There was bad officiating, but nowhere near as bad as EJ's play. Let's crap on the defense, they gave up 2 touchdown drives and a 3rd touchdown with a drive start on the 36 (thanks to EJ). They also forced seven 3 and outs, one of which gained 7 points to help offset some of EJ's crappy plays.

Lots of reasons. None of which are anywhere near as bad as Ej's giving the ball away 3 times in 7 plays. The dude sucked bad and anybody trying to say he didn't by pointing out Blake Bortles was the difference is just pointing out that when EJ did have a final chance to make it all right, he continued to play crappy.

I don't need to crap on EJ, he did that to himself. Almost coming back doesn't change that.

True enough. But the assertion to which I was responding was that Bortles was not the difference in that game. When a QB's team is losing, and he leads a game-winning drive down the field, I don't think that assertion can be supported, regardless of what the opponent's QB doesn't do.