Fitz hurt, Geno in, Jest suddenly WAY beatable

True enough. But the assertion to which I was responding was that Bortles was not the difference in that game. When a QB's team is losing, and he leads a game-winning drive down the field, I don't think that assertion can be supported, regardless of what the opponent's QB doesn't do.

Right you are.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So any QB with 4th QTR "heroics" to come back is meaningless.

Can I ask what you think of Tyrod's 19 4th QTR points against the Cheatriots?

Tyrod's effort was encouraging and good to see, even though it was too little too late. Now if Tyrod had added the same 20 point debacle as EJ did in the 1st quarter I would say, just as I did with EJ, that he played a crappy game.

And what does EJ's performance against the Jags have to do with 4th quarter heroics? From halfway through the 2nd quarter to halfway through the 4th quarter he led the team to 2 TDs and 2 FGs. That's pretty decent for a half a game against what most people call the worst team in the league. However his performance in the first 1 1/2 quarters was beyond horrible, and his performance at the end of the 4th quarter was pretty lacking also.

A single touchdown drive in the 4th quarter to get within 3 is hardly 4th quarter heroics. Fourth quarter heroics would be getting the ball back down by 3 (check) with 2:16 left (check) and three time outs (check) and actually tying or winning the game instead of crapping out with a helium balloon of a pass.

EJ played an overall horrible game which he almost managed to salvage but came up short. There were no 4th quarter heroics by EJ, My assessment of EJ's overall play for the day was that the abysmal early follies and lacking late performance far outweighs any halfway decent play he may have shown in between. And I don't see how anybody pointing out that Shady fumbled or that the defense gave up a TD right after scoring a TD will change that. Sure, those things happened too. None of it means EJ showed any heroics or that he didn't play a crappy game. But that's just me I guess.

Tyrod's effort was encouraging and good to see, even though it was too little too late. Now if Tyrod had added the same 20 point debacle as EJ did in the 1st quarter I would say, just as I did with EJ, that he played a crappy game.

that is all I needed to see.

Thank you for the correct answer. it was encouraging and good to see.