Is Dan Campbell the real deal?

johnwalter

He may be better than Philbin, but let's remember they played the Texans and Titans. They are walking into a buzz saw tomorrow night with the Patriots. The same can be said of us. We barely beat the Titans, the Colts at the time were bad, although improving, and the Dolphins were in disarray.

We lost to the damn Jaguars. The Jaguars. Hell the Bucs beat the Jaguars.

Lets see us beat some decent teams as we're batting 0 at this point with the Bengals, Patriots, and Giants.

The only solace I have is what will our team look like when we get all of the talent back. The frustrating part is our defense should look like the Jets, not the way we are playing now. Although intellectually I know the season is over, I'm emotionally holding out hope with the talent back we will look like a different team. We'll see.

Remember when the Bills fired Jauron and everyone wondered the same thing about Perry Fewell?

Teams will either show some life or go completely in the tank when a coaching change is made during the season.

The Phins were not nearly as bad as they looked early on this season.

Pats* will score 35+ and win by 10

Campbell will do the rah rah rah... Lift lots of weights and hit em hard guys routine..

Meanwhile Belichick will smirk, line up 3 OTs in bunch formation and have 2 WR uncovered and everyone on Miami will be standing there drooling wondering what just happened to them

Edited by TheFunPolice

I'd say yes, and honestly, even if the Pats smoke them tomorrow, I'll still say it. I know the popular opinion seems to be "they beat crappy teams, they'll be brought back down to earth when they start playing real competition". Say what you want about how bad the Titans and Texans are but Miamis' previous games include a loss to Jacksonville and barely beating Washington it darn sure looks like he's made a vast difference. Gonna be a lot tougher to beat them next week than it was in week 3.

The entire team looked to be rolling over for other teams under Philbin, and not playing well in any aspect.

If this coaching change hasn't had any effect then its kinda funny how his team put up 38 points on Tennessee in a 38-10 whipping. Then put up 44 points on Houston beating them 44 to 26! In their first four games the most points they scored in a game was 20 points.

Gonna be interesting on how well the Dolphins play this week against the 6-0 Patriots @ New England. Could be a shocker! I know I'm hoping Suh and Wake get to Brady a lot in this game. The Jets sacked him 3x, and got some hits on him. The Cowboys sacked Brady 5x, and really started to get so many hits that Belichick went to just running the ball for a bit. I'm a hopin!!

Unconventional never works in the NFL

I'm not sure he's unconventional as much as a player's coach type. He's taking his own experiences into account and not using some common coaching tactics that he knows pros feel are total B.S. (such as Marrone's DON'T CONFUSE EFFORT WITH RESULTS)

• 2 weeks later...

Dan Campbell is a "rah rah guys, run through this wall with me!" type guy. That will get you a certain amount of early success but coaches need to out scheme the other side eventually.

That's one reason NE* always wins. Belichick is about the most monotone, uninspiring speaker you could imagine. He stands around in a dirty hoodie and barely speaks. But the players know that if they do whatever he tells them they are going to win.

To be fair to Campbell, it's not like this is an ideal situation. He is not HC material at this point in his career and he's being expected to salvage something of that mess.

Hopefully he figures it out when the play NE* again.