So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a homer, I think the Bills should be able to sweep the JETS

Boy I don't think so. Chan the man and Fitzmagic will likely bring their A game. We might get 1, but there is no way in hell we get them both.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

No, no, no. October is "If not for a few unlucky bounces, we'd be 5-2." November is "We're still not mathematically eliminated yet." December is when the season's over.

NO respect for tradition...

And August is "can you believe they don't have us making the playoffs again? Why don't sports writers respect this franchise?"

kj

No, no, no. October is "If not for a few unlucky bounces, we'd be 5-2." November is "We're still not mathematically eliminated yet." December is when the season's over.

NO respect for tradition...

It is acceptable to substitute "the refs screwing over the Bills" for the bolded however.

Boy I don't think so. Chan the man and Fitzmagic will likely bring their A game. We might get 1, but there is no way in hell we get them both.

I did say it was the homer in me where I "want/believe" the Bills can defeat 95% of all mediocre teams.

on a lighter side -

Isn't Geno getting his job back once healthy?

When does Fitz's start to suck cycle start?

I'll be surprised if we score at all vs the jets. Front 4 will kill these guys.

Taylor along with a healthy Shady and maybe Sammy should be able to win against the Jets.

shoulda coulda I know

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

W - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

W - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

W - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

W - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

W - Jets

That would put us at 9-7. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

Agreed the season is over, and even if they get in at 9-7 who cares. Until the find a legitimate franchise QB. I like Tyrod but I'm not convinced he can be a top-notch guy or even stay healthy.

Agreed the season is over, and even if they get in at 9-7 who cares. Until the find a legitimate franchise QB. I like Tyrod but I'm not convinced he can be a top-notch guy or even stay healthy.

No way a running QB stays healthy long term. So he may be good, but unless we have an equally as good backup, it won't matter much, because Tyrod will miss multiple games a season.

I did say it was the homer in me where I "want/believe" the Bills can defeat 95% of all mediocre teams.

on a lighter side -

Isn't Geno getting his job back once healthy?

When does Fitz's start to suck cycle start?

Taylor along with a healthy Shady and maybe Sammy should be able to win against the Jets.

shoulda coulda I know

No! Geno has been back and healthy and sitting on the bench where he should be.

Fitz is actually playing pretty well behind a good line with a solid run game, and they do have the #1 defense in the NFL. Now gonna be a sweep from what I see.

8-8 or 7-9. Rex is not adjusting and continues to use his players on defense wrongly so we will suck.

TT is good, but doubt he can stay healthy unless he really protects himself first by sliding before anyone can hut him. Better to lose the first down and stay healthy.

What players on Defense were used " wrongly" vs the Jaguars? What are these miracle " adjustments" that need to be made that will make guys tackle better, cover better, get off blocks better, etc?

What players on Defense were used " wrongly" vs the Jaguars? What are these miracle " adjustments" that need to be made that will make guys tackle better, cover better, get off blocks better, etc?

Defensive linemen, who get payed very !@#$ing well to put pressure on the QB, dropping back into coverage a lot screams of one. Not just against the Jags, but in general.

Defensive linemen, who get payed very !@#$ing well to put pressure on the QB, dropping back into coverage a lot screams of one. Not just against the Jags, but in general.

Well, the post said " continues to" use players wrongly. The JAX game was the most recent game and the DL rarely was asked to drop in coverage ( M Williams 1 drop back) . It appears changes were made , so I pointed that out. DLs dropping back is a classic " zone blitz" move and is nothing new. I'm sure these guys did that at times in Pettine' s D and maybe even Schwartz's . If the Jaguars game was any indication we will see less of it. Many good D''s over the years have run a LeBeau type zone dog thing with success and folks are acting like it's some unheard of thing. I just think more blame should fall on the players for not producing in whatever it is they are running.

Upon reflection on what it's like to be a Bills fan I could actually see the following scenerio: Bills win 6 of the next 8 with the playoffs on the line hosting the Jets. Everyone has convinved themselves the team has turned the corner and are going to roll into the playoffs and make some noise. "This team is different" will be said countless times.

Of course, you all know how this ends. The Bills dont just lose but lay a complete egg and get blown off the field in embarrasing fashion.

This is over and it's going to get ugly.

Yes.

Is everyone else smoking crack?

8-8 or 7-9. Rex is not adjusting and continues to use his players on defense wrongly so we will suck.

TT is good, but doubt he can stay healthy unless he really protects himself first by sliding before anyone can hut him. Better to lose the first down and stay healthy.

We just lost a 1-5 team on a neutral field.

1-5.

We are truly bad.

7-9 is a fantasy.

BTW I just read Rex's game-after-bye win-lose ratio is like 1-6. Maybe because he lets the kids play at recess all week?

Stick a fork in us. 16 and counting

Yes.

More if Pegs doesn't fire Rex. Our best hope is to tank the season, lose Rex and gain a high draft pick for franchise QB.