Matthew Stafford

jkirchofer

I would take Stafford in a heartbeat. He's been on some pretty dysfunctional teams with bad OL's and/or sub-par RB's. He's still only 27 years old and has put up some pretty big numbers at times. For the "stats people" compare the two below.

http://www.nfl.com/player/jimkelly/2501579/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/matthewstafford/79860/careerstats

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be competition for his services as he is a borderline franchise QB - so expect him to flirt with us to get the #'s where he needs them.

In one case, he could go to Dallas and Romo could come available....

in that case....Give Dallas a #1 for Romo

WIN NOW

Romo playing in Buffalo? No thanks. Romo in SF, that could be good.

Yeah, and it's not like either of them have been to the playoffs. Oh, wait ...

Always amazes me how Bills fans disparage other team's QBs when we haven't had anyone of that quality since Bledsoe. Not saying I love Stafford, but beggars can't be choosers.

Things are definitely bad when we start propping up Bledsoe.

No they didn't Fitz was on the books the 9ers were asking too much in a trade. i guess if that's making a run. For The clowns running the show back then i understand. I guess.

Iirc both the Bills and chiefs offered a 2nd rounder for him but the Chiefs pick was higher.

First, we would never get any of these QB's so that is a fantasy, nor would i want Stafford given his performance. TT has the possibility of growing into a very good QB. If so we have a cheap QB for two years. Saves us a ton of money to retain the talent coming up for new contracts next year.

We have to keep these first stringers here and change that trend in Buffalo where we develop these guys and then they go somewhere else.

Not going to happen unfortunately. This would be the trade to make if it was possible. I don't think it would be and think the Lions will sign him long term. But yeah if it's possible you trade the farm for a guy like him. He's an excellent QB. Ryan would prefer Taylor over him though. He sticks to his QBs.

Sorry, Stafford's got a big arm, but an excellent QB he is not.

No they didn't Fitz was on the books the 9ers were asking too much in a trade. i guess if that's making a run. For The clowns running the show back then i understand. I guess.

They had already parted company with Fitz I think. They talked to San Fran our offer was the one that made the Chiefs offer a second pick. The problem was the Chiefs were picking higher in each round. That was why the 9ers took that offer.

They had already parted company with Fitz I think. They talked to San Fran our offer was the one that made the Chiefs offer a second pick. The problem was the Chiefs were picking higher in each round. That was why the 9ers took that offer.

But his contract was still eating at our cap.