WGR is a constant assault on intellectual honesty.

Listening to WGR the last couple of days has led me to believe that had been told than any criticism of the Bills will lead to them losing their broadcast contract at the next renewal.

Here are just a few of the comments/excuses they keep going with:

1. Our losses are all to elite QBs, meaning Eli and Dalton have been elevated to elite.
  2. non-stop whining about the referees
  3. non-stop whing about injuries.
  4. discussion about how good the defense looked against the titans.
  5. Shutting down callers that pointed out the Eagles trashed the Eli led Giants
  6. Shutting down callers comparing the dolphins performance against the titans to the Bills
  7. Shutting down callers who suggest that the Falcons and Jets don't seem to be suffering "growing pains" from regime change.
  8. Claiming any disappointmentss in the performance so far are just a result of overly ambitious expectations.

Three and three isn't a disaster and I am not in the camp calling for firing anyone. But the team has been underwhelming and two games out of second place in the loss column in the division in week 6 is pretty disappointing.
Edited by PlayoffsPlease

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people insist on the Dolphins beating the Titans to mean something? Each game is it's own match up. Our match up showed a healthy Bills team dominating the Dolphins. I guess that's just a "fluke" and not intellectual dishonesty.

I think the real problem is that Bills fans are imploding. Criticism is great, but we have been over the top this week.

I'm not sure if you've watched football outside the Bills this season but Andy Dalton has been the second best QB on the league behind Tom Brady. I know the stigma is still there, but he's been very, very good

Listening to WGR the last couple of days has led me to believe that had been told than any criticism of the Bills will lead to them losing their broadcast contract at the next renewal.

Here are just a few of the comments/excuses they keep going with:

1. Our losses are all to elite QBs, meaning Eli and Dalton have been elevated to elite.
  2. non-stop whining about the referees
  3. non-stop whing about injuries.
  4. discussion about how good the defense looked against the titans.
  5. Shutting down callers that pointed out the Eagles trashed the Eli led Giants
  6. Shutting down callers comparing the dolphins performance against the titans to the Bills
  7. Shutting down callers who suggest that the Falcons and Jets don't seem to be suffering "growing pains" from regime change.
  8. Claiming any disappointmentss in the performance so far are just a result of overly ambitious expectations.

Three and three isn't a disaster and I am not in the camp calling for firing anyone. But the team has been underwhelming and two games out of second place in the loss column in the division in week 6 is pretty disappointing.

Maybe the problem is you

as a matter of fact I am 98 percent sure the problem is you

None of that seems outlandish to me. Pretty realistic and non over reactive. I don't really see the point the caller had about the MNF game. Bills D played well against Eli in the passing game, especially after halftime adjustments. There was a missed tackle on a RB that swung the game when it was 16-10, and the offense couldn't score without committing a penalty.

None of that seems outlandish to me. Pretty realistic and non over reactive. I don't really see the point the caller had about the MNF game. Bills D played well against Eli in the passing game, especially after halftime adjustments. There was a missed tackle on a RB that swung the game when it was 16-10, and the offense couldn't score without committing a penalty.

No kidding!

I'm not sure if you've watched football outside the Bills this season but Andy Dalton has been the second best QB on the league behind Tom Brady. I know the stigma is still there, but he's been very, very good

Eli has two rings.....at the expense of Tom Brady......and he looked pretty bad last night against the Eagles in Philly.

Making good QB's look bad on your home field is not mission impossible.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. Us Bills fans are unquestionably the most devout in the league. At the same time there aren't too many other markets where I can see the local media and many fans spin early disappointment so well. We were supposed to be able to compete with anyone, at least that's the line that Rex was selling us. Looking at how last year ended it didn't seem unreasonable. Everyone likes to point to the what if's, but honestly we were manhandled by both the Giants and the Bengals. Good teams? Sure, but if you get overmatched by the good teams I wouldn't be so cocky about beating the bad ones. I don't understand why everyone seems to think teams like the Dolphins and Jets can't beat us. If we commit stupid penalties and play like we did against the "good" teams we can lose to anyone.

If criticism of the bills impacted WGR's contract then they would have been off the air a long time ago.

True but even I have raised an eyebrow at how understanding Schopp has been of the Bills lately. The guy who used to bend over backwards to find the negative spin on this team is now their chief excuse maker? Curious, I say.

I don't care how good an NFL offense is. We pay our guys huge money to be elite and they have proven in the past that they are. Are you telling me that all of a sudden the NFL offenses became so great and so fast that no NFL defense can stop an NFL offense? Are other teams having problems getting to the quarterback?

I'm sorry but our scheme is the problem.. There is NO WAY that we have fallen off the mark so drastically with the SAME personnel for all intensive purposes as we've had the past two year's.

For the guys at WGR to consistently say well hey, Rex probably feels that they aren't fast enough to get into the backfield and that's why his linemen are dropping back into coverage is ABSURD. So what are we supposed to do? Throw our pro bowl D Linesmen's hand's in the air and say yeah your right let's just not even rush the passer at all let's just drop into coverage?

That's what the guy's at WGR would have you think. Give me a break....Our guys are pro bowler's and elite. The reason their not getting into the backfield is because there not being allowed to!!!

The player's are upset about it and even Rex commented he should have came with more than three on Sunday more often than he did. They need to play a base 4-3 D/Wide nine, PERIOD. Kyle said himself he is used to having three finger's in the dirt and moving forward. Instead he is moving laterally (his own word's) ... Mario is used to playing Wide off the edge and rushing the passer from an angle. He need's to be lined up OUTSIDE of the tackle's, same with Hughes.

These guys are not linebacker's. Speaking of linebacker's, Rex has his linebacker's so confused they can't even figure out each other's hand signal's with his EXOTIC defensive package's. This is ridiculous, Rex know's how to run a 4-3... he runs a hybrid now. it's time to get back to basic's and let his line ATTACK and let his linebacker's, safeties, and corner's cover the backfield. BTW, same special teams unit and it's like it became our job to do a complete 180 from last year. Can't stop the run on punt's and PENALTIES up the wazoo. Rex needs to run a 4-3/wide 9 base D and get his offense healthy so we can convert on 3rd down to keep our Defense off the field and I don't know maybe make the guys who commit penalties do pushups on the sidelines in front of 70,000 people... lmao. And oh yeah the guys from WGR are clueless...

Edited by 7boogiewoogie