Sunday Ticket subscribers sue NFL, DirecTV, etc.

Looks like bars suing, rather than general consumers.

Did anyone end up getting ST Online this year? How's the service been?

I have yet to buy - somehow every Bills game has been on TV in Vermont, but I would bet that might end after the bye (though Jets might be on, Pats for sure, then it's almost holiday time and I'll be back in the Buffalo area where is on the regular TV). Price is down to $150 from $200 at beginning of the season...

I have yet to buy - somehow every Bills game has been on TV in Vermont, but I would bet that might end after the bye (though Jets might be on, Pats for sure, then it's almost holiday time and I'll be back in the Buffalo area where is on the regular TV). Price is down to $150 from $200 at beginning of the season...

I have the ST Online. Ordered the cheapest version, and was "upgraded" to the broader package that also allows you to stream it to your TV over Chromecast, etc. I do that, and the picture is pretty solid. The online version is time-delayed behind the radio and phone scores, so don't check those while watching the game!

I have the ST Online. Ordered the cheapest version, and was "upgraded" to the broader package that also allows you to stream it to your TV over Chromecast, etc. I do that, and the picture is pretty solid. The online version is time-delayed behind the radio and phone scores, so don't check those while watching the game!

Nice - I actually had it the past few years (in fact, it was the reason I bought a PS3 a few years back ;), I've just been lucky and haven't had to nut up and pay. Yet.

Wish they would do the Madden deal again, now THAT was fully worth it! $99 for Madden and free Sunday Ticket Online, couldn't be beat...

The Slingbox is an interesting call - guess I could just put one at my Mom's house and stream from there!

I got the ST online and same as someone else mentioned--upgraded to best package. Actually kind of disappointed. The picture is good most of the time, but fades to blurry at others. Also, once games start at 1pm and you try to get in it takes forever to load. I've missed two opening drives because of that. Also when you switch to other games it's not as fast as I'd like and some simply don't load--and not the ones that are being broadcast locally. It's annoying. And I have solid, fast internet that is very consistent. Other pages open and close quickly--the ST online just is often slow. I made sure one week to log in around 12:15 or 12:30, so I didn't miss the opening drive. I think that worked.

I did the monthly payments. Ended up not paying for the second month and just streamed online for free like I used to. Comparable quality and same levels of loading/etc. I'm not sure yet if I'll pay for month 3. I was definitely hoping it'd be stress free and consistent and the loading problems wouldn't exist.

Plus, you don't get the nationally broadcast games including the night games on Thursday, Sunday, and Monday. So I honestly don't know how great the deal is. Especially for someone like me, who just has internet and no cable (by choice).

Edited by ko12010

I thought this was going to be regarding Sunday's game. I guess I'll take it up with the NFL. Being on the West Coast I get to get up on Sunday for a 6:30 AM kickoff (I'm not a morning person).

I'm on the Left too. Still trying to decide if I'm getting up that early on Sunday. I'm usually awake but...It may not be worthwhile getting out of bed for.

I got the upgraded ST Online package this year for $99.00 as I'm a graduate student. Any college student can get this. I think it works pretty well, I've enjoyed it much more than I did last year.

No real issues with streaming. Been a few comments about streaming issues, etc. that I have read and I had these issues last year. I upgraded my router before the season and it's made a huge difference.

Go Bills!

Edited by santoro770

I'm on the Left too. Still trying to decide if I'm getting up that early on Sunday. I'm usually awake but...It may not be worthwhile getting out of bed for.

This "should" be the Bills on week based on their pattern so far. I will be disappointed if I get up to watch and it's a weak performance.

Get th older slingbox easier to setup,guest accounts. With new slingbox streaming is better but must download free app and configure it in network slingbox is currently connected. Been streaming my st service to family and friends for years. Might need to figure out how to get a slingbox installed in WNY so I an watch Sabres and bills for,free versus paying for ST and center ice

Well this thread got completely hijacked

Yeaaah, sorry.

It *would* be awesome if you could purchase just one team (at a lower rate), instead of the entire package with EVERY game.

Gotta feel for Bar owners - the prices are outrageous, think of a big place like McFaddens, who really just want the Bills game - must cost a ton...

Yeaaah, sorry.

It *would* be awesome if you could purchase just one team (at a lower rate), instead of the entire package with EVERY game.

Gotta feel for Bar owners - the prices are outrageous, think of a big place like McFaddens, who really just want the Bills game - must cost a ton...

Depends on the location. Of course with a place like McFaddens you will likely get a crowd tailored to watching 1 game. Other place that get 3-4 boxes and multiple tv's can show as many games and draw in all sorts of fans. I see this a lot at buffalo wild wings in Rochester where they have usually all the 1 and 4pm games playing on different screens.

But McFaddens brings in a huge crowd, very easy to justify the cost. Your corner bar with 15 stools and three tables would have a harder time breaking even.

(Locally, I know of a Wendys that has the ticket, couldn't believe it when I saw it)