Jets are the new Bullies in the AFC East

Nihilarian

"I'm going to let you in on a little secret. That team Rex Ryan is always touting and raving about, the one that bullies people on the ground and assaults opposing quarterbacks and batters opponents into submission? It exists. Only not in Buffalo. It's all happening in New York, with the Jets, the very team Ryan left. And worse yet for Rex, the team he has in Buffalo looks increasingly more like the mess of an outfit he ended his Jets career with a year ago."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25345471/rex-ryans-bills-keep-talking----and-losing----while-jets-play-speaks-for-itself

Sadly, the 4-1 NY Jets have the #1 defense in the NFL, and the 3-3 Bills are 20th in total defense. 24th in sacks with only 9 :cry:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm going to let you in on a little secret. That team Rex Ryan is always touting and raving about, the one that bullies people on the ground and assaults opposing quarterbacks and batters opponents into submission? It exists. Only not in Buffalo. It's all happening in New York, with the Jets, the very team Ryan left. And worse yet for Rex, the team he has in Buffalo looks increasingly more like the mess of an outfit he ended his Jets career with a year ago."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25345471/rex-ryans-bills-keep-talking----and-losing----while-jets-play-speaks-for-itself

Sadly, the 4-1 NY Jets have the #1 defense in the NFL, and the 3-3 Bills are 20th in total defense. 24th in sacks with only 9 :cry:

As I have been on record since last January, I was not a huge fan of the Rex hiring. Liked Roman and Shwartz as DC. Really like Bowles as well.

That being said, Rex did not have those two corners, the Jets have yet to play an explosive offense, and the Jets have 8 sacks to the Bills 9th. The Jets also just came off their bye and played a Washington team with 3 starters on their O-line out and turnover machine Kirk Cousins at QB.

I am not happy with the Bills D yet , but we are 6 games in. Let's see where both teams are when they go head to head in a few weeks

The Jets have fewer sacks than the Bills.

So far they played Manzeil, Bad Luck, Tannehill, Bradford and Cousins.

Lets face it like adults, the Bills, while still able to eke out a few more wins, maybe 3 or 4, aren't going to do anything this year. Call it what you will, bad luck, injuries, getting jobbed by the refs, whatever, the league bases it's playoff participants on actual wins and losses, not 'moral victories' or shoulda beens.

Given that (and I wish I was wrong. I'm not) I think the secondary goal for us as Bills fans is to see someone knock the Pats off their perch. This Bills team isn't built to beat them. The Jets *might* be. Play solid D, don't get stupid penalties, and have an opportunistic offence. Most of the guys I work with are Jets fans, so I've paid more attention to them than other non-buffalo teams. They're not spectacular, and outside of Revis and Richardson, there aren't any superstars, but they play better as a Team than this iteration of the Bills. God how I miss last year, when the D could be relied upon.

This week will be telling. I expect another piss poor showing by the Bills, but who knows maybe the Jags show worse. I know this, giving Bortles all day in the pocket isn't a recipe for success, and if the Bills do that, then Thurman should be fired before the plane leaves London. The game I'll actually watch this week (because I'm not sitting watching the Bills stream on my ipad at 930 in the morning, that's pants on head retarded) is pats/jets. If the game looks like ours against the pats, which lets admit, was nowhere near as close as the score indicated, then yeah the Jets can come back to the pack with us and enjoy being bridesmaids once again. If the Jets lose, but keep it close, and fight hard, that's a pretty good indication of their program heading in the right direction. if they win, which 538.com only puts at 16% likelihood ( then we'll know that they've arrived.

check the Jests schedule. super easy! the last game of the year we could be 8-7 and them 9-6 and we need the win to get the wild card based on tie breaker head to head. i think we can beat them twice this year but the rest of their schedule besides 2 games vs the Pats is going to be a cake walk for them

By the end of the season the Bills and Jets will only have two games with different opponents (plus two head to head match ups). It should be easy to see where we stand relative to each other by then. I'm not optimistic about that at this point, though.

By the end of the season the Bills and Jets will only have two games with different opponents (plus two head to head match ups). It should be easy to see where we stand relative to each other by then. I'm not optimistic about that at this point, though.

Unfortunately for us they got the Browns and Raiders while we got the Bengals and Chiefs

Also sadly, stats don't mean much sometimes. Look at who the Jets have played, and while 4-1, it's not all that impressive. Although, they are beating teams they should beat if they are looking to be a wild card contender.

Let's see what happens when they play someone.

Edited by Lv-Bills

Also sadly, stats don't mean much sometimes. Look at who the Jets have played, and while 4-1, it's not all that impressive. Although, they are beating teams they should beat if they are looking to be a wild card contender.

Let's see what happens when they play someone.

The Jets are stomping the mediocre and bad teams though, not just scrapping by. That tells me they're a good team. The stats on their D are screwed right now because of their opponents but it will all even out in the end.