Jets are the new Bullies in the AFC East

Nihilarian

Jets will be 10-5 worst coming into Buffalo in the final week. If the Bills don't sweep them, playoffs will probably be impossible for us yet again.

Pats x 2, @ Giants, @ Cowboys (with Romo and Dez likely), vs. Bills plus any number of games they could slip up against. They aren't the Pats where it's a guarantee that they win vs. a mediocre team. Their loss to the Eagles illustrates that.

Once the weather changes and Fitz's arm gets tired they are going to be in a lot of low scoring games that could go either way. I'm not confident they'll maintain this early momentum throughout the season.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old and new bullies in the AFC east are the Pats*.

1000% agree. Until someone knocks them off, the Pats* are the AFC east bullies. They have stomped every team in this division regularly and repeatedly for over a decade. Time will tell what the Jests are. They've done a good job so far. We will see if that keeps up. Personally I don't expect it to. But nobody knows. That's why they play the games.

Let me let you in on a little secret: the Patriots* will score 35-40 points this week.

It just doesn't matter. Injuries, turnover, suspensions, age. They will always win, and are pretty much unstoppable on offense.

Oh, you can make NE* punt. You can hold them down for a quarter or even a half. Then the floodgates open and they somehow suddenly have 30+ points.

Dallas was like that. I think NE* had 3 points into the 2nd quarter. The Colts shut Gronk out for a half, then he makes a few catches and has a TD.

NE* is always going to get theirs. The ONLY way you beat them is to score 7 just about every time you have the ball. If you kick a FG you might as well warm up the busses and head home.

Brady can go into halftime 10/15 for 100 YDS and no TD and finish the game with 375 YDS and 3-4 TDs easily.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Jets will be 10-5 worst coming into Buffalo in the final week. If the Bills don't sweep them, playoffs will probably be impossible for us yet again.

I'm not sure I would guarantee that. Look at their schedule. They could conceivably lose 7-8 of their remaining games. I have a hard time putting them at 10 wins on the season. I just don't think they are as good as their record. Lots of teams get off to a hot start and them crumble when they hit the tough part of the season and the good teams turn it on. We will see.

I predict they hold NE* down for 2 quarters... something like Jets lead 14-10 at the half.

The the game ends Jets 21 Patriots* 45

That's what every NE* game looks like.

haha... I think Revis has some really good knowledge of the Pats* offense. Knowing it and stopping it are two different things. It could be a close game but don't think the jets have the offense to win.

Until proven otherwise, the Jets are much better than the Bills. It's pretty embarrassing to be us, as usual.

I don't know, maybe. Pretty sure the Bills have won 3 of the last 4 meetings between them though. So how much better are they if at all? Guess we won't know until the Bills face them. Given the Jets schedule to date , it's hard to definitively say they are better. I don't think the Jets would beat NE or CIN.

Until proven otherwise, the Jets are much better than the Bills. It's pretty embarrassing to be us, as usual.

I dunno what happened. All I do know is this years Bills defense was supposed to be as good as the 85 Bears defense. The 75 Steelers Steel Curtain.

What sucks is the NY Jets currently have the #1 defense in the NFL, and the Buffalo Bills are ranked 20th! The Jets are #1 in points allowed, #1 in yards allowed #2 in passing yards allowed, #2 in rushing yards allowed

and if that wasn't bad enough their offense is in the top ten, ranked #7 in points scored, and #8 in yards with Ryan Fitzpasspick at QB!! :cry:

Edited by Nihilarian

I never, ever root for the Pats.

The Bills will face the Jets in due time and then we will see who the better team is.

Jets will be directly competing with us for a wild card spot. Pats are going to run away with this division. You're delusional if you think the Bills have a shot of winning this division. We, however, do have a shot at beating out Jets for a wild card spot. Unfortunately, we have to root for the Pats this week...

Jets will be directly competing with us for a wild card spot. Pats are going to run away with this division. You're delusional if you think the Bills have a shot of winning this division. We, however, do have a shot at beating out Jets for a wild card spot. Unfortunately, we have to root for the Pats this week...

I understand that. My disdain for the Pats holds no bounds. I think the Bills will take care of the JETS all by themselves (or so I hope).

The way the AFC is right now, the Bills still hold the 6th best overall record (mitigated by teams with a bye)

Edited by NOVABillsFan

I understand that. My disdain for the Pats holds no bounds. I think the Bills will take care of the JETS all by themselves (or so I hope).

The way the AFC is right now, the Bills still hold the 6th best overall record (mitigated by teams with a bye)

the reason why the Bills are in good position is that they have 3 conference wins. Last year at this time they had the same record but 2 out of their 3 wins were in the NFC and all 3 losses were in conference. Pitt has a better overall record, but only 1 AFC win. The Bills need every AFC win they can get but if they win this week, the Jags win is just as good when it comes to playoff contention as if they had beaten Cincy. That was one thing that hurt the Bills last year in making the WC... 4 of their 9 wins were in the NFC. They would have been better off beating the terrible Raiders than the great Packers.

The Jets are in an even better position. They have 3 AFC wins and NO AFC loss. That will no doubt change but as for now, they are in a great spot.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The way we are playing right now, I don't disagree with the author. The Jets will probably lose to the Pats this week so we would only be one game behind them if we win in London. We should also win against the Dolphins in Buffalo, so depending upon how they play against the Raiders in Oakland, we could knock them off in NY the following week.

Rex needs to fix this defense during the bye.

the reason why the Bills are in good position is that they have 3 conference wins. Last year at this time they had the same record but 2 out of their 3 wins were in the NFC and all 3 losses were in conference. Pitt has a better overall record, but only 1 AFC win. The Bills need every AFC win they can get but if they win this week, the Jags win is just as good when it comes to playoff contention as if they had beaten Cincy. That was one thing that hurt the Bills last year in making the WC... 4 of their 9 wins were in the NFC. They would have been better off beating the terrible Raiders than the great Packers.

The Jets are in an even better position. They have 3 AFC wins and NO AFC loss. That will no doubt change but as for now, they are in a great spot.

I hear you. As I have read here .The Bills control their own destiny. Time to string up a 3+ game win streak starting with the Jags