[closed]Honest Question About Hiring a New HC

HuSeYiN_NYC

I'm not from Buffalo and I'm not a hockey fan so I don't know how Pegula operates. My question is, based on your knowledge on Terry, how realistic is it that if we perform bad this year and the fans ask for a new HC that Terry will can Rex after one year?

Maybe it's not a good idea to fire a coach who is 3-3 despite missing damn near his entire offensive starters and their back ups for part or most of the year? How about we let Rex have some time to adjust, get his players healthy, etc before we start talking about firing. I mean this fire talk this early with this amount of injuries is the dumbest crap I've seen ever on this board, and they have been plenty of really dumb things on this board.

If he fired him after one season then no one worth hiring would come here

This! Times 1000. This board is nuts. Clay came up short on 2 third downs against Giants in first quarter, and everyone was hating him...even people who were swinging on his junk during Miami game. Same people singing him praises again this week. This is the most reactional and irrational group of people I think I've ever seen. If we win, they love Rex. If we struggle it's time to fire him. Absurd. Same with Taylor, one minute he's the savior, the next they want EJ, now they want Taylor again. Bipolar galore around here.

Yes, he needs to make some adjustments, so let him do it and see how it plays out. Not to mention this teams as been prison raped by injuries to critical players so far this year.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Maybe it's not a good idea to fire a coach who is 3-3 despite missing damn near his entire offensive starters and their back ups for part or most of the year? How about we let Rex have some time to adjust, get his players healthy, etc before we start talking about firing. I mean this fire talk this early with this amount of injuries is the dumbest crap I've seen ever on this board, and they have been plenty of really dumb things on this board.

Ok 1st off, nobody said anything about firing Rex after 3-3. I said if we have a losing season (not in those exact words). And don't sit there and act like Rex made this team any better man. Be realistic will you? How many injuries do we have or have had on defense besides Aaron Williams? Every starter has played and the majority of our defensive starters are on the field but yet this defense is soft.

Based on the few responses I've read, I guess I gotta look forward to Rex turning this thing around since he'll be here to stay.

I like the emotion Rex brings (or brought) on the sidelines. I always wanted a head coach who wouldn't just clap and look dead on the sidelines after bonehead plays but we saw where that got us. Rex being emotional made the players undisciplined and caused penalties.

So either way it's a lose lose. But from a coaching the defense standpoint, I don't see the genius defense by Rex not one bit. If he wants to take the blame in interviews that's fine but if it isn't his fault then it's the players. But last time I checked, the players on the field are the same players from last year (just more money in their bank accounts) and they seemed to perform better under Schwartzs' scheme. Somethings gotta give.

Im not here asking for Rex to be replaced. I'm just trying to see what to prepare for is all. Of course I want Rex to succeed because I'm a Bills fan. All I was asking is, should I expect aggressive changes if the season doesn't pan out. I'm tired bro. 15 years man. 15!

Ok 1st off, nobody said anything about firing Rex after 3-3. I said if we have a losing season (not in those exact words). And don't sit there and act like Rex made this team any better man. Be realistic will you? How many injuries do we have or have had on defense besides Aaron Williams? Every starter has played and the majority of our defensive starters are on the field but yet this defense is soft.

Based on the few responses I've read, I guess I gotta look forward to Rex turning this thing around since he'll be here to stay.

Weird, because last I looked we are 3-3 and you started a thread about Rex getting fired his year. Lots of people talking about hopes he gets fired, and we are 3-3.

And we have also been missing mckelvin and AW is more important then you think. And for the love of God, if people don't understand how having an offense stall for large parts of the game forcing the D to play for long stretches of time and wear down, then you probably should t be posting about football.

The d needs work for sure, no doubt about it. It's grossly under performing, but there is more to it than just Rex sucks.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Amen!!!!

Weird, because last I looked we are 3-3 and you started a thread about Rex getting fired his year. Lots of people talking about hopes he gets fired, and we are 3-3.

And we have also been missing mckelvin and AW is more important then you think. And for the love of God, if people don't understand how having an offense stall for large parts of the game forcing the D to play for long stretches of time and wear down, then you probably should t be posting about football.

The d needs work for sure, no doubt about it. It's grossly under performing, but there is more to it than just Rex sucks.

If I hoped for rex to be fired that would mean I already gave up on the season and wouldn't watch the games and set my alarm to wake up and take care of errands before I comfortably sit down to watch the game.

I enter every game thinking we can win. The only obvious thing is me being upset with Rex's defense and the question I asked was a question about the kind of owner Terry was.