At What Point is Watkins Officially "Injury Prone"

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I interpreted that post as "karma".

I guess...

My opinion is that there's zero connection between the two. The guy rolled his ankle. It stinks for him, and to his credit, he still made a key play despite the injury.

There are probably some alterations that he can make to his training routine to eliminate some of the soft-tissue stuff he's gone through, but for the most part, I think he's been a victim of bad luck.

I agree with whoever the poster was (I think it was NoSaint) that said we need to learn to separate his going to the media from his performance on the field.

I guess...

My opinion is that there's zero connection between the two. The guy rolled his ankle. It stinks for him, and to his credit, he still made a key play despite the injury.

There are probably some alterations that he can make to his training routine to eliminate some of the soft-tissue stuff he's gone through, but for the most part, I think he's been a victim of bad luck.

I agree with whoever the poster was (I think it was NoSaint) that said we need to learn to separate his going to the media from his performance on the field.

This times 1000. The biggest issue with Sammy, especially this year, that like McCoy he has been playing despite not being 100%. When you are dealing with soft tissue injuries, playing through has a high chance of aggravating it again or making it worse. Not to mention, that because you are not 100% a player will then compensate and favor that which in turn puts injuring something else at a higher risk.

To call Sammy injury prone at this stage is beyond premature. I remember when Matthew Stafford was "injury prone" during his first 2 years. Guess what, he hasn't missed a single game since those first 2 years over the last 5 seasons, which includes the 6 games this year.

Its football, and players can easily get hurt on any given play. Now if Sammy got hurt just running around or something, I can see it being more concerning. His footing slipped (seemed to be a common problem Sunday as I saw several players lose footing, including McCoy on multiple occasions when planting to cut) and that caused his ankle to roll. I don't care if he had played 10 years injury free at that point, if you roll your ankle you are most likely going to get at least a mild sprain if not worse. Especially when trying to stop and turn like that. Everything about this latest injury was about it being an unfortunate and unlucky scenario of his cleats slipping and it causing his ankle to roll.

Yet he still made the huge and critical catch for us. This kid has a very bright future ahead of him and I have yet to see anything that would label him injury prone.

This times 1000. The biggest issue with Sammy, especially this year, that like McCoy he has been playing despite not being 100%. When you are dealing with soft tissue injuries, playing through has a high chance of aggravating it again or making it worse. Not to mention, that because you are not 100% a player will then compensate and favor that which in turn puts injuring something else at a higher risk.

To call Sammy injury prone at this stage is beyond premature. I remember when Matthew Stafford was "injury prone" during his first 2 years. Guess what, he hasn't missed a single game since those first 2 years over the last 5 seasons, which includes the 6 games this year.

Its football, and players can easily get hurt on any given play. Now if Sammy got hurt just running around or something, I can see it being more concerning. His footing slipped (seemed to be a common problem Sunday as I saw several players lose footing, including McCoy on multiple occasions when planting to cut) and that caused his ankle to roll. I don't care if he had played 10 years injury free at that point, if you roll your ankle you are most likely going to get at least a mild sprain if not worse. Especially when trying to stop and turn like that. Everything about this latest injury was about it being an unfortunate and unlucky scenario of his cleats slipping and it causing his ankle to roll.

Yet he still made the huge and critical catch for us. This kid has a very bright future ahead of him and I have yet to see anything that would label him injury prone.

A-freaking-men. Do people on TBD even have ankles and understand how easy they are to injure?

Also, can we please replace the damn turf at the Ralph? Guys seem to slip all. the. time., seriously, it's crazy. I know you have the dough Pegs, plus you can donate the old turf to someone else - maybe they can Field Turf , the Hammer's Lot (double TM)!?

Only because who they got with the picks from the Bills are even worse, but no one in Cleveland is pining for Watkins.

Categorically not true. Was even a hot topic after scrimmage with them. I have a few close friends who always bring it up and how they would have rather have kept the pick and had Watkins then get more picks the Browns would waste on lesser players.

No ****, right?

I saw Andre go into the RWS wall and thought he was done as a player. He got up, shook it off, and played the rest of the game/season. Now that is tough!

Walkins, Goodwin, Harvin, not so much.

If Sammy took one tenth the shots over the middle Andre Reed took we would already be talking injury settlement with him.

Take Manuel's inaccuracy out of the equation from both seasons and you're down to a calf injury trying to keep his feet in the end zone after making another spectacular catch. But that's just my opinion..

EJ played 4 games last year and 1 this year. That's 5 out of the 20 games Watkins played. Yea he's getting hurt because of inaccurate EJ. Too many excuses for this double bust.

Edited by Azucho98

Categorically not true. Was even a hot topic after scrimmage with them. I have a few close friends who always bring it up and how they would have rather have kept the pick and had Watkins then get more picks the Browns would waste on lesser players.

I'm from Cleveland and follow both the Bills and Browns. While it is true that some Browns fans still wished they'd have taken Watkins as recently as this pre-season, that has since changed after his recent comments and further injuries.