What is happening on Defense?

Mikie2times

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually glad this team is in London - it's good that they're not here being bombarded by local media. If Rex is anything he's a coach approachable and in touch with his players. I would imagine he'll have a good talk with at least the d line if not the entire front 7 - listen - and they'll work things out as professionals. If he doesn't take the opportunity to do that - and we'll hear - then I'll question him as a coach to another level.

Edited by Triple Threat

Amusing enough- the Tampa two is more in line with schwartzs Rush the front 4 with only limited responsibility in the run game. The coverage shells vary but the front 4 are getting up the field to disrupt the qb.

You have summarized my intention rather nicely Dear Sir.

Of course i was using humor about the tampa two concept as an extreme to make my point.

Bend dont break was another i considered.

I truly find what Rex and Thurman were were/are trying to do , is not so wrong as its too much too soon. I can only guess its cerebral and asks alot of each player pre snap and then again when the film starts rolling.

I hate to say, dumb it down. But maybe that is exactly what i mean. The secondary has shown . at home, a great deal of communication issues on defense.

continuous improvement of course but if they are overwhelmed, and they are. slow the roll ?

I'm actually glad this team is in London - it's good that they're not here being bombarded by local media. If Rex is anything he's a coach approachable and in touch with his players. I would imagine he'll have a good talk with at least the d line if not the entire front 7 - listen - and they'll work things out as professionals. If he doesn't take the opportunity to do that - and we'll hear - then I'll question him as a coach to another level.

TTyou are too right, he has to deal with this. Not so much for the media snippets as the Team mindset. This is a critical juncture to me in his ability to Coach the Team. good point man!

Edited by 3rdand12

this may have been mentioned elsewhere upthread, and if so, I apologize; but what concerns me other than a blatant misuse of the talent we have is the players' comments that they are "not on the same page" and "having communication problems". This is not TC, it's week 7 in the NFL. Maybe "exotic blitz packages" is a bad euphemism for square peg/round hole that Rex is so adamantly forcing on this team.

This, along with the ST/penalties fiascoes, could easily make the Bills the most underachieving team of 2015.

I think the fact that Mario Williams spoke up is really problematic. He doesn't tend to say a lot and really got going on this topic. It's got to be fixed.

the frustration is climbing.. beside the instruction to drop into coverage, they're also lining him up inside (as a 3tech DT) on occasion - including the Bengals second TD (16 yard run) where Mario pinched down on OC with Dareus at NT, and Bengals pulled their left side past Mario's left to create an alley through Bradham and Lawson. before this play executed, Dareus and others checked more than once with Brown on their alignment. this D system is nothing like the D they played last season, and patience is thinning.

"We want the world & we want it now...now....NOW!!!" The Doors

: )

:thumbsup:

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex - agrees with Mario & Dareus that defense should've rushed passer more. Said I'm not perfect play caller. #Bills

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Rex Ryan agrees to a significant extent that his defensive scheme has not been aggressive enough amid comments from own players.@wgrz

so he has again said , he is calling the plays?!

Better late than never he listens to his players.

We shall around 930 AM Sunday

I've decided that the best way to characterize this defense is "Chinese Firedrill." At the snap, all of the defenders run to different positions than where they had lined up. Defensive linemen run out to the cornerback spots. Cornerbacks attack the line of scrimmage. The safeties and linebackers switch places. It's a madcap romp!

I've decided that the best way to characterize this defense is "Chinese Firedrill." At the snap, all of the defenders run to different positions than where they had lined up. Defensive linemen run out to the cornerback spots. Cornerbacks attack the line of scrimmage. The safeties and linebackers switch places. It's a madcap romp!

Or Rex could try Chuck Pagano's special trick punt play every series.

The only person the team had trained to snap the ball got hurt, and the team ran it anyway.

Haven't read all 11 pages so forgive me if someone's already bought here's the biggest difference between last year and this year IMO:

Last year the D ran a 4-3 base, for which the personnel is perfectly suited, and this year they are in a 3-4 base.

Haven't read all 11 pages so forgive me if someone's already bought here's the biggest difference between last year and this year IMO:

Last year the D ran a 4-3 base, for which the personnel is perfectly suited, and this year they are in a 3-4 base.

Yes, thank you, it only took us a couple of posts in this thread to count to 3...

sorry Rex.. but there's no need to be deceptive when your front 4 is effective against 5 or 6 men.

you're right.. it's not about sacks.. it's about having more capable personnel in coverage while your front 4 keeps at least 5 or 6 in the box.

you can really throw a blanket out there with 7 men who can turn and run.

get the league's most elite D line upfield!

Ryan has ruined this Defense. He`s turned out to be a big blow hard. I watched 200 million dollars on the left side get B word slapped by a Te and tackle all game. Rex D is horrible. No-Pressure at all. Next year. Oh let the fools blame it on E.J.Here or there.

What this translates to is that Rex wants to change what works to his perception of what works. The round peg in the square hole approach. It exemplifies a poor sense of realism, ego mania, and poor coaching. Also, he continues to make light of problems. Rex, they're problems, fix them. Is he capable of doing so? If not, we shouldn't have him as head coach. The jury may not be out much longer if the question lingers. By the way, EJ is bad but the problems are much bigger than him.

All it needs is this theme music pre-snap:

Edited by Heels20X6

All I know....is if im a qb and I see Mario Williams and Marcel dropping into coverage......I breath a sigh of relief and get comfortable really fast

That should be one of those waaaaay out of the ordinary plays that you throw out there just to keep it on tape. Our secondary is pretty good sans safety.......

DO WHAT WE ARE GOOD AT.....DONT OVERTHINK THINGS