EJ Maneul stinks out loud.

ScrewyLouie

NFL is full of medicore QBs. EJ is one of them. What you see is what you get. That was a bad sequence in the second quarter. EJ is a serviceable back up QB. His dreams of being a starting QB in the NFL are over.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the spirit of saying he wasn't the reason we lost last week.... he was the major reason we lost today... not to say I am giving the defense a pass but I will address that elsewhere.

It is over EJ... he will bounce around as a backup for a few years though because there are these moments where he just flickers enough potential that teams will think of him as a serviceable backup.

I've wanted to hold out hope that EJ maybe finally got it. That he could string together a couple of decent starts and keep building on it. It's too much now. I want this team to win and when there are passes causing receivers to stop or come back to the ball or drop to the turf to make a catch, that isn't what we need. I know we've had injuries however no excuse for most of what we saw today. The EJ pick was a mistake.

In the spirit of saying he wasn't the reason we lost last week.... he was the major reason we lost today... not to say I am giving the defense a pass but I will address that elsewhere.

It is over EJ... he will bounce around as a backup for a few years though because there are these moments where he just flickers enough potential that teams will think of him as a serviceable backup.

only a bottom feeder team or one needing a short-term band aid takes chance…unless whaley keeps him.

EJ was the reason the Bills were in the hole. The defense had to make a statement and wilted under pressure to Bortles and the Jags. 85 yards in 3 minutes. That was a punch in the gut

Goal line stand, pick 6, 13 completions by Bortles, only 210 total yards until that last 85 yard referee aided phantom PI drive, and 13 points allowed. Yep that defense sure wilted, PLEASE! Defense was good today, they were sabotaged by their own QB and a bad pass interference call.

I'm not quite sure how EJ brought the Bills back unless I missed him blocking on that interception return. His first half play and last drive play speak volumes about what he can and can not do. I bear him no malice, he isn't the one that drafted himself far too early, nor is he the one chose to start him in his first game. Nonetheless, he is not an NFL caliber QB. Remember who the Bills played today. One of the worst teams in the league. For him to stink up the joint as badly as he did is remarkable.

Goal line stand, pick 6, 13 completions by Bortles, only 210 total yards until that last 85 yard referee aided phantom PI drive, and 13 points allowed. Yep that defense sure wilted, PLEASE! Defense was good today, they were sabotaged by their own QB and a bad pass interference call.

Yes. If you look at in cold, clinical and sober way. the game was the Bills to win. The defense that had goal line stand folded when they needed them the most. The roller coaster had bottomed out. You can not say the defense was not a problem when they gave up the winning TD.

I'm not quite sure how EJ brought the Bills back unless I missed him blocking on that interception return. His first half play and last drive play speak volumes about what he can and can not do. I bear him no malice, he isn't the one that drafted himself far too early, nor is he the one chose to start him in his first game. Nonetheless, he is not an NFL caliber QB. Remember who the Bills played today. One of the worst teams in the league. For him to stink up the joint as badly as he did is remarkable.

That whole QB draft class that was talked up by the media stinks.

Yes. If you look at in cold, clinical and sober way. the game was the Bills to win. The defense that had goal line stand folded when they needed them the most. The roller coaster had bottomed out. You can not say the defense was not a problem when they gave up the winning TD.

That whole QB draft class that was talked up by the media stinks.

If our limp dick QB had not given the other team 3 TD's earlier in the game. That would not have been the winning TD.

The D has a been a MAJOR disappointed thus far.

We played the Jags today, not the Montana led 9ers.

Honestly, I'm not even that down on Manuel right now. He's who I thought he was: a guy who struggles with consistency. Yes, he played an atrocious first half, and his final drive was sorry, but he played pretty well for most of the second half. He's a mediocre NFL QB.

The real problem is Whaley for trying to wish him into being something he isn't. If he were a developmental mid-rounder backing up a reliable pocket passer he'd be fine. But it's clear that far too much has been invested in him and we have relied far too heavily on him long after it became obvious to all but the most dedicated fanboy (and Whaley) that his ceiling was limited and his likelihood of hitting it scarce.

We saw today why two consecutive coaching staffs have gone in a different direction despite limited alternatives. Yet Whaley can't let it go. That's why the Cassel trade is so telling - It's less about the the prowess of Cassel and more about the continued willingness to bet the team's success on Manuel. The fact that it was against the wishes of the coaching staff compounds the problem.

Edited by Rob's House