Sounds like no Percy Harvin again (update: Personal reason)

YoloinOhio

Personal issues which affect ability to play ought to be penalized game checks.

I agree too a point. Dock the idiot(s)'on OBD who do not do their homework when signing High priced players with checkered backgrounds. There names could be Rex, Doug, etc. Those are the people that should be doing the questioning or the teams attorney's with a players agent. otherwise the player is IMO not liable for a teams stupidity.

Different I know. but when international touring acts prepare for world tours. many have dubious pasts. One of the first things their managers are tasked with is can they obtain work visas for every country they will be in. No promoter or insurance people will even talk until they see that information.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harvin better be ready for the 1/2 half of the season after the bye week. This is ridiculous if he can't get a passport, etc. He had all year to hire an immigration attorney for this game. He prob thought a drivers license would work.

On another note, I read K. Williams still in concussion protocol in Buffalo. Can he clear that and make it to London for the game, or is his concussion really really bad?

I agree too a point. Dock the idiot(s)'on OBD who do not do their homework when signing High priced players with checkered backgrounds. There names could be Rex, Doug, etc. Those are the people that should be doing the questioning or the teams attorney's with a players agent. otherwise the player is IMO not liable for a teams stupidity.

Different I know. but when international touring acts prepare for world tours. many have dubious pasts. One of the first things their managers are tasked with is can they obtain work visas for every country they will be in. No promoter or insurance people will even talk until they see that information.

That's a little overstated. Even if the reason is the passport, you can get surprised. A major act at an international festival was surprised at the border when traveling within the last couple months

That's a little overstated. Even if the reason is the passport, you can get surprised. A major act at an international festival was surprised at the border when traveling within the last couple months

it's not just passports with touring acts. it's work visas. They are obtained in advance. I may know who you're referring too. That oversight may have not been the bands fault, but the country's immigration authorities screwing up. Still IMO you need to vett anyone with a past history of arrests. Actually, surprised how they got Dareus in. But not sure of the outcome of his synthetic weed bust.

it's not just passports with touring acts. it's work visas. They are obtained in advance. I may know who you're referring too. That oversight may have not been the bands fault, but the country's immigration authorities screwing up. Still IMO you need to vett anyone with a past history of arrests. Actually, surprised how they got Dareus in. But not sure of the outcome of his synthetic weed bust.

What was Percy's arrest?

What was Percy's arrest?

Well as you probably know already. None really. he flunked multiple drug tests in both Florida and the NFL combine for pot. Assaulted a position coach in Florida. No charges. So maybe the story is BS. Since with no felony drug convictions It would seem that failed drug tests alone would not keep him from getting into the UK to work. maybe he's on the international no fly list. LOL

Harvin Mysteriously Absent

HERTFORDSHIRE, England -- Injuries and absences are not normally a viable excuse for a football team at .500, but Rex Ryan is making a good run at it.

The team traveled to London without wideout Percy Harvin this week because of a personal issue Ryan would not delve into. Though he has not officially ruled Harvin out, it sounded like there was an expectation that Harvin might not make it to London at all. Harvin was on the injury report with a hip injury last week, but Ryan says this issue is unrelated.

Well as you probably know already. None really. he flunked multiple drug tests in both Florida and the NFL combine for pot. Assaulted a position coach in Florida. No charges. So maybe the story is BS. Since with no felony drug convictions It would seem that failed drug tests alone would not keep him from getting into the UK to work. maybe he's on the international no fly list. LOL

And as the drug tests are confidential (minus public punishment) and the fights rumored.... It's a tough spot to call out the bills (if, again a big if) he can't travel due to a reported incident that wasn't pursued legally.

I'm the last to defend Percy but think this is potentially an interesting spot if we ever get the real story and the conjecture is more or less accurate

So I don't know all the ins and outs of the NFL injury report rules... But perhaps this is a situation where he has been cleared to play by team doctors but he feels he needs to get an outside opinion before he plays. Kind of like a Byrd situation... And the team is excusing him to get the hip, which appears to be a chronic issue, checked out elsewhere. Rex is going with the "personal" reason because technically he can't say he's injured if the team says he isn't injured.

This is just pure speculation.

Edited by YoloinOhio

And as the drug tests are confidential (minus public punishment) and the fights rumored.... It's a tough spot to call out the bills (if, again a big if) he can't travel due to a reported incident that wasn't pursued legally.

Seems odd that someone would be denied in for a charge that was not prosecuted, whereas guys that were (Marcel and Nigel) are let in. But then again, maybe they let Nigel in because he hass a Brit name?

Seems odd that someone would be denied in for a charge that was not prosecuted, whereas guys that were (Marcel and Nigel) are let in. But then again, maybe they let Nigel in because he hass a Brit name?

there isn't going to be much of a future for the NFL in London if guys with failed drug tests and arrest records can't get there.

If Sammy is playing Sunday I question his toughness. If he's OK already, that means his injury wasn't that bad. Why didn't he suck it up and stay in last week? TT sprained his knee 2 weeks ago and not only kept playing, but got better.

Edited by stevestojan

If Sammy is playing Sunday I question his toughness. If he's OK already, that means his injury wasn't that bad. Why didn't he suck it up and stay in last week? TT sprained his knee 2 weeks ago and not only kept playing, but got better.

he sprained his ankle, not his knee. Edited by YoloinOhio