Do we know which coaches wanted Cassel?

eball

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone catch this in Vic Carucci's piece today?

"It’s no secret the Bills’ coaches preferred Matt Cassel in the No. 2 spot, which he held before General Manager Doug Whaley, who wanted Manuel in that role, shipped Cassel to Dallas. But now is not the time to get involved in any sort of power play that might drive the call to go with Taylor simply to prevent Manuel from getting on the field. If Taylor isn’t physically ready to play, the responsible thing to do is to go with Manuel. And given that Taylor hasn’t fully practiced, that decision probably should already be made, even if Ryan wasn’t ready to announce it on Friday."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/16/vic-caruccis-take-five-bills-cant-push-issue-on-taylor/

If you assume like I do that VC is reliable (I know some don't), this is an interesting comment.

"It’s no secret the Bills’ coaches preferred Matt Cassel in the No. 2 spot, which he held before General Manager Doug Whaley, who wanted Manuel in that role, shipped Cassel to Dallas. But now is not the time to get involved in any sort of power play that might drive the call to go with Taylor simply to prevent Manuel from getting on the field. If Taylor isn’t physically ready to play, the responsible thing to do is to go with Manuel. And given that Taylor hasn’t fully practiced, that decision probably should already be made, even if Ryan wasn’t ready to announce it on Friday."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/10/16/vic-caruccis-take-five-bills-cant-push-issue-on-taylor/

If you assume like I do that VC is reliable (I know some don't), this is an interesting comment.

Vic hasn't had any correct info in years.

That is false.

This is correct; he has gotten correct info but chose to ignore/not use it because it did not fit his view/slant.

I was very happy when I heard when he was coming back to Buffalo and very disappointed after I saw results; he is a very different reporter now or someone is ghost writing for him.

"It’s no secret the Bills’ coaches preferred Matt Cassel in the No. 2 spot, which he held before General Manager Doug Whaley, who wanted Manuel in that role, shipped Cassel to Dallas."

Secret? Secret??? No, Captain Obvious, he was named #2 - but that didn't mean diddly squat, and he would not be starting this week if Whaley hadn't shipped him to Dullass and he were still the "#2" here.

I think Vic and some others have a chubb for Cassel. I really do.

If you watch Rex's I press conference and on-field interview from Friday, t:hey day Carucci printed that drivel, you would wonder how in bloody hell vic came up with that preposterous position.

Unless Rex went all Auntie Em Auntie Em it's a twister after the cameras were turned off, that description of Rex's position on the QB situation is frankly bizzare! Vic asked Rex lots of questions, and Rex was his usual joking relaxed self. He seemed to make it clear that the team had full confidence in EJ should he play. Yet, somehow, Vic has become convinced that Rex is gripping so hard he's about to pop and blow away over Lake Erie like a balloon.

So Rex hasn't announced EJ as the starter. So what? Why not keep the Bungles guessing? Why not keep Tyrod working towards getting back on the field?

Vic is, like certain other members of the local media, still desperately clinging to the EJ sucks and will never be any good narrative, and that the Bills are through with him. I heard Vic interviewed on ESPN after the pre-season, and he was STILL predicting EJ would be gone by the start of the season. It's really pathetic.

Edited by BuffaloBob

I think it was Coach's Graham, Sullivan and Gleason. And after reading more just about everybody at TBN.

"It’s no secret the Bills’ coaches preferred Matt Cassel in the No. 2 spot, which he held before General Manager Doug Whaley, who wanted Manuel in that role, shipped Cassel to Dallas."

Secret? Secret??? No, Captain Obvious, he was named #2 - but that didn't mean diddly squat, and he would not be starting this week if Whaley hadn't shipped him to Dullass and he were still the "#2" here.

I think Vic and some others have a chubb for Cassel. I really do.

Cassel was the donut spare tire in trunk that would be used to calm you down and get you to the next game. nothing more.

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

I think it was Coach's Graham, Sullivan and Gleason. And after reading more just about everybody at TBN.

Cassel was the donut spare tire in trunk that would be used to calm you down and get you to the next game. nothing more.

simple as that!!