It's Cassel Time in Dallas

I thought he was that veteran who makes good decisions and keeps you in games.I always hear we need a guy like that on this forum. The truth is those kind of guys don't exist. Guys that aren't the elite QBs make tons of mistakes. The veteran "game manager" that doesn't turn the ball over is the worst myth out there. These guys wouldn't be backups if that were the truth.

Anyone who actually thought that has not followed Cassel's career. There's no way one could rationally come to that conclusion unless they were talking out of their :censored: w/o watching.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I won't knock him for dumping Freddy either as Fred would not have been a happy camper being inactive baring injuries. If anything Jackson should have thanked Whaley from sparing him the indignity of being inactive.

And on top of it, what type of difference has Freddy made in Seattle?

OK, I changed my mind. There's not a damn bit of difference between the suckitude of EJ and Cassel.

Now all we need are some of the other "football experts" crowing about Cassel to admit he sucks too.

Because he sucks. And he's showing how much he sucks right now. Which is normal for him.

Perhaps we should focus the blame on Whaley who didn't bring on some serious competition like Bradford, Foles, or Sanchez who though flawed would have been better than what they have. And his unwillingness to draft a QB like Bridgewater or Derek Carr (3 TDs and almost 300 yards today) because he's got to prove EJ wasn't a mistake.

If this is seriously the best list of names we can come up, then it doesnt really matter anyways.

You got me there, very true. Was just thinking along the lines that if we were playing the Giants in NY it would be a blowout with our D this year, and a QB throwing three picks. We were playing the Jags, and Bortles beat the vaunted D with a long TD pass.

Bortles didn't beat anybody. He was like 40% for 180 yards, 2TDs and a INT. If EJ hadn't sucked and the ref hadn't blown that call on Robey, Bortles likely wouldn't have thrown a single TD.