It's Cassel Time in Dallas

@AP_NFL

QB Matt Cassel replacing Weeden as Dallas Cowboys try to win without Romo http://apne.ws/1MABnmZ

(@apschuyler)

IRVING, Texas (AP) — Matt Cassel will start at quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys after Brandon Weeden lost all three of his starts in place of the injured Tony Romo.

The Cowboys are also promoting rookie guard La'el Collins, a projected first-round pick from LSU who wasn't selected because his name surfaced in the investigation of a woman's death days before the draft.

Coach Jason Garrett said Wednesday the move to Cassel was an attempt to spark a team that needs to win at least once, and probably twice, in the next four games without Romo, who will be out at least that long with a broken left collarbone.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassel: 'We've got the talent to win games' (1:00)

Matt Cassel comments on becoming the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys.

'I'm pissed'
Cowboys coach Jason Garrett officially announced Matt Cassel will start Week 7 at the Giants instead of Brandon Weeden. Minutes after the announcement, Weeden said he was "pissed" about the move.

@AP_NFL

New deadline in Cassel house: He's starter for Cowboys now http://apne.ws/1VTnUN8

(@apschuyler)

IRVING, Texas (AP) — Matt Cassel's biggest concern when he was traded from Buffalo to Dallas was the timing of the birth of his fourth child.

Now there's a deadline with his wife just days away from delivering. Cassel will be the starting quarterback when the Cowboys visit the New York Giants on Oct. 25, after their bye.

"We will get it out before then," Cassel said with a smile as reporters broke out in laughter. "Right, honey? I love you. Lot of walking. Lot of walking."

I read somewhere sunday night that the Dallas offense needs a spark and may turn to Cassel

Cassel and the word spark in the same sentence just doesnt go together

Unless you are sparking the running game with more touches, or sparking the punting team which will get more reps or sparking a garbage fire which is his last few seasons.

Cassel and his wife should take the advice I was given when my daughter was over a week late - very gently have sex.

Ain't gonna happen. After this comment he's surely sleeping on the couch:

"We will get it out before then," Cassel said with a smile as reporters broke out in laughter. "Right, honey? I love you. Lot of walking. Lot of walking."

• 2 weeks later...

What gets me is the owner Jerry Jones always trying to amp up the situation by saying ridiculous things like "Bandon Weeden throws the prettiest ball I've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Yet the reason they are going to Cassel is because Weeden is 0-9 in his last NFL starts, and unless the Cowboys have installed a New England type offense I don't see Cassel winning in Dallas either. Mainly because the two good years Cassel had at QB were with the Patriots, and with the Chiefs the one year ex Patriot signal caller Charlie Weis was running the offense in KC. Other then those two years Cassel was useless.

I'm glad he is long gone from Buffalo because as long as he was here EJ wasn't going to get any playing experience. That and the Bills play the Patriots again with Cassel on the team...

@NFL

Cassel leads 'Boys to 1st place? No missed FGs? Week 7 Bold Predictions (via @AroundTheNFL) http://on.nfl.com/1PLXXKt

That entire story is a joke.

The Cowboys hope to be more aggressive with Cassel? What, by throwing 5 yard outs all game? Cassel was Mr. Meh here in Buffalo, and I don't see him suddenly becoming a gunslinger in Dallas. However TE Jason Witten, and the RB's might get a lot more targets. :lol:

I hope Cassel plays like Cassel so we don't have to hear all the insanity around here. Cassel and EJ are equal. Neither is very good. However, the Cassel fans are coming out of the woodwork. Acting like we traded Montana. Can't wait to see how it goes. I do want people to remember they have a better O Line than us, and might be able to actually run the ball unlike us.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I'm sure Cassel has never thrown one. :lol:

You can really tell who the idiots are who never watch football outside of the Bills. Matt Cassell was so awful last year, he made Viking fans pine for the halcyon days of Christian Ponder.