It's Cassel Time in Dallas

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who did you expect him to get? Somehow convince Green Bay to trade Arron Rodgers for EJ? OK he could have thrown in Kiko too. People keep slamming Whaley for not getting a better QB option make it sound like top level QB's are being cut all the time and he just ignored them all. There are 32 NFL teams and about a dozen top level QBs' There's another handful that have an up and coming year and give the team hope only to fall back the following year.

If this is seriously the best list of names we can come up, then it doesnt really matter anyways.

There are no EJ fans in this thread. This is about those who proclaimed Cassel was some kind of solution.

I'm an EJ fan, I'm just no longer optimistic that he can make the necessary changes to his game that I thought he could. I thought his drive, work ethic and better coaching would help him get better at the things that held him back the past two years (bad lower body mechanics, being too cautious). It's appears to be time to move on from EJ after the season. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is willing to put the work in, so I wish him the best.

All that said, Cassel sucks.

The Bills got Tyrod. Who cares about EJ or Cassel. Let's see whether he is the answer.

A. He is the answer. Good times even if we don't make the playoffs.

B. He is not the answer. That means Bills lost a lot of games and could have a shot at a top QB in draft.

Sit back and enjoy the ride, we'll find out over the rest of the season.

I'm an EJ fan, I'm just no longer optimistic that he can make the necessary changes to his game that I thought he could. I thought his drive, work ethic and better coaching would help him get better at the things that held him back the past two years (bad lower body mechanics, being too cautious). It's appears to be time to move on from EJ after the season. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is willing to put the work in, so I wish him the best.

All that said, Cassel sucks.

EJ just can't seem to bring it to the field. I thought he had improved in the preseason, but in his two regular season appearances he still misses too many reads and easy throws. Far too inconsistent to play winning football on a sustained basis.

EJ just can't seem to bring it to the field. I thought he had improved in the preseason, but in his two regular season appearances he still misses too many reads and easy throws. Far too inconsistent to play winning football on a sustained basis.

Agreed. That extra half second that you get with lesser players has been a big difference. In preseason, he looked like he was going through his progressions much better but I haven't seen that in these past two games.

I was open to EJ not in the right place after Marrone. But even with the lack of weapons, the o-line gave him time to throw and he had ZERO pocket presence. He is what he is, a marginal backup like most teams have at QB.

@BuffaloWins

It takes a special QB to throw 3 INTs, have their running game get over 200yds and lose...

He threw another pass that should have been an INT pick 6 but DRC dropped it. Cassel gave EJ a run for his money today...

He also hit one of his receivers in the helmet!!!!

Threw a 3 yard pass on 4th and 8.

Cassel fans, please stop. He was run out of KC and Minny.

Edited by jeffismagic

EJ and Rex deserve each other.