It's Cassel Time in Dallas

OK, I changed my mind. There's not a damn bit of difference between the suckitude of EJ and Cassel.

Cassel is worse because of his lack of arm, propensity for picks, and lack of mobility. Plus he's older and will never get any better than he is after 11 years in the league. No loss going with EJ over him.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassel is worse because of his lack of arm, propensity for picks, and lack of mobility. Plus he's older and will never get any better than he is after 11 years in the league. No loss going with EJ over him.

I don't know why more fans don't see this. In Buffalo he would be an even bigger disaster given the current Bills circumstances

As bad as EJ is, his arm strength at least forces teams to back off the run a little. Cassel demands zero respect and teams just crowd the LOS. They both are awful. If you want to fire Whaley this should not be the cross you carry.

Fire Whaley for the lack W's. It's as simple as that. Point to the Watkins trade, or taking EJ in the first round if you want as well. Don't ever point to trading Cassel. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Absolutely. Whaley got a fifth for him, correct? You can question other moves Whaley has made since August, but not this one. IMO

I thought he was that veteran who makes good decisions and keeps you in games.I always hear we need a guy like that on this forum. The truth is those kind of guys don't exist. Guys that aren't the elite QBs make tons of mistakes. The veteran "game manager" that doesn't turn the ball over is the worst myth out there. These guys wouldn't be backups if that were the truth.

And I won't knock him for dumping Freddy either as Fred would not have been a happy camper being inactive baring injuries. If anything Jackson should have thanked Whaley from sparing him the indignity of being inactive.

Absolutely. Whaley got a fifth for him, correct? You can question other moves Whaley has made since August, but not this one. IMO

Seems trading him for anything might've been a success based only on today's showing (for all the knee jerk fans)

Perhaps we should focus the blame on Whaley who didn't bring on some serious competition like Bradford, Foles, or Sanchez who though flawed would have been better than what they have. And his unwillingness to draft a QB like Bridgewater or Derek Carr (3 TDs and almost 300 yards today) because he's got to prove EJ wasn't a mistake.