Fred Jackson: My Toughest Road Trip

YoloinOhio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, got in a little dig at Whaley. I guess nothing new there, but more specific from what I recall-- e.g., assured him he was safe after hurting his hamstring only to cut him a few weeks later.

in Whaley's mind... He may have felt it wasn't worth it for Fred to go out and play on an injured hammy because he wasn't making the team regardless. Would have been worse if he let him do that and then he would have had a harder time finding a new team if hurt. Edited by YoloinOhio

in Whaley's mind... He may have felt it wasn't worth it for Fred to go out and play on an injured hammy because he wasn't making the team regardless. Would have been worse if he let him do that and then he would have has a harder time finding a new team if hurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was miscommunication going on here. Fred heard that his job was safe. Whaley probably meant that your job isn't safe, but the hamstring injury isn't going to factor into it.

Regardless, in hindsight, it could have probably been handled better by the Bills.

By the way, got in a little dig at Whaley. I guess nothing new there, but more specific from what I recall-- e.g., assured him he was safe after hurting his hamstring only to cut him a few weeks later.

That's taking the most Fred-centric view possible.

Early in training camp I'm certain Whaley himself wasn't sure what they were going to do, and probably meant it when he said something innocuous like "you have nothing to worry about."

Circumstances change.

Nice article, happy for Fred he's got somebody like Marshawn to lean on.

I suppose, but it really sounded like a more measured tone to me, and a recognition of the reality that nothing is guaranteed. He'll probably never be buds with Whaley but he may be over the immediate anger he felt.

As a huge Fredex fan, it was an ok read. Not a GREAT READ. Im sure most of you that have left home for College or University have been through the same thing.( without the millions ) Fred Jackson is a class act and loved Buffalo. Whaley is doing a great job other than a few misses. This was a miss just like the Rex hiring,

Go BIlls!

Miss you Fred.

Edited by fredex22

As a huge Fredex fan, it was an ok read. Not a GREAT READ. Im sure most of you that have left home for College or University have been through the same thing.( without the millions ) Fred Jackson is a class act and loved Buffalo. Whaley is doing a great job other than a few misses. This was a miss just like the Rex hiring,

i hear ya. i suppose it should have been obvious to me that they have ghost writers do-up the story, but as someone we've heard speak to the media so many times, it just didnt come off sounding like fred jackson's voice.

That was a very nice article.

I am glad he indicated what happened with Whaley. In my mind, that was him saying "water under the bridge" and showing he understood how the business side worked. It also highlights Fred's determination. Part of me thinks he could have willed himself to play through a hamstring injury and make the team, if that is what it would have taken.

Great article by just a class act and a warrior. Miss ya Fred! I understand the front office letting him go, I think with Karlos and Shady they felt Fred's role would be so diminished he wouldn't be happy. I also think they wanted a younger guy in that 3rd role.

However, I would rather they been open to Fred about staying at a reduced role and renegotiating his contract. He deserved to have that choice.