Rex's Presser Revisited

I could give a crap what Rex Ryan says, in the heat of a post game press conference, about the spate of personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalties committed by his out of control players.

I care a lot about what he says during the game to those very same players. A coach doesn't need film reviews or replays to know that those penalties are hurting his team in real time, in real game situations. Both Hughes and Brown needed to be sit down for a series or two, but Rex seems either clueless or indifferent to the negative impacts those players were having on the field. At the very least, he needs to instruct his position coaches to have a word with them and tell them to chill the phuck out.

Not a sign of a good head coach. Not in the least.

GO BILLS!!!

It needs to be hammered in every day of the week before the game. Make discipline and focus a point of emphasis and these hungry players will catch on and respond accordingly. Why this hasn't already happened 4 weeks into the season, I do not know. Edited by Aaron

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex wore a Sabres jersey to his press conference today! Clearly this means he is conceding the Bills season is hopeless and we should all focus on hockey season. Also, how dare he go to the opener tonight? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Titans, and things like that?

Rogue and things. Obviously.

Rex wore a Sabres jersey to his press conference today! Clearly this means he is conceding the Bills season is hopeless and we should all focus on hockey season. Also, how dare he go to the opener tonight? Shouldn't he be preparing for the Titans, and things like that?

Rogue and things. Obviously.

Is he going to prepare for the Titans? Well, yeah, of course he is, but not before he gets a few beers and watches some hockey.

4 games into the season and you guys are all over this guy. It's not like we started 0-4. Ridiculous. And don't say that "15 years of futility" crap either. Next week everyone will love Rex if we win.

but but penalties and things like that. Those didn't happen until he got here and... Oh wait

One thing I would like to point out here

There is a fine line between playing smart but focused with high energy.....and being harped on about penalties SO MUCH that they start playing tentative

we dont want that either

For instance......the Cog block when the player was engaged with another OL but not in a illegal way

- No....the outcome of the play would not have been effected had Cog not done it

- No...Glenn did not need help on that particular play

BUT

What if in the next game....Cog thinks twice about giving help in a situation where it DOES effect the outcome of the play

Guys.....go out there and play physical.....lay the wood......just dont commit penalties you know to be illegal and DONT LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE NO MATTER WHAT

One thing I would like to point out here

There is a fine line between playing smart but focused with high energy.....and being harped on about penalties SO MUCH that they start playing tentative

we dont want that either

For instance......the Cog block when the player was engaged with another OL but not in a illegal way

- No....the outcome of the play would not have been effected had Cog not done it

- No...Glenn did not need help on that particular play

BUT

What if in the next game....Cog thinks twice about giving help in a situation where it DOES effect the outcome of the play

Guys.....go out there and play physical.....lay the wood......just dont commit penalties you know to be illegal and DONT LOSE YOUR COMPOSURE NO MATTER WHAT

exactly, which is what Rex was trying to say but he just walked off the field and was fired up. There are some penalties you can control and some you cannot. You have to go out there and play physical football for 60 minutes. Flags will be thrown. Some will be BS. That is the NFL, you can choose to play in the NFL or you can choose not to but if you choose to, be prepared for BS calls. You do not need to react to them or react to the opponent. That is under your control. Proceed accordingly. Make enough plays to win the game regardless of BS calls that WILL be made. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hey, I am not going to apologize for getting on Rex's case when he deserves it. I give him tons of praise for his D concepts, too. It comes with the territory. Fact is, in half our games this season, our guys played out of control and lost their heads on the field and I think that's a reflection on the coach.

But if you think I'm on Rex's case, you don't want to hear what I think about Roman at this point. Rewind that pee-wee display of a two minute offense if you can stomach it. Roman was clueless and that doesn't fill me with confidence. He is in my doghouse this week.

My apologies to pee-wee football for the comparison to Roman's two minute offense.

GO BILLS!!!

Hey, I am not going to apologize for getting on Rex's case when he deserves it. I give him tons of praise for his D concepts, too. It comes with the territory. Fact is, in half our games this season, our guys played out of control and lost their heads on the field and I think that's a reflection on the coach.

But if you think I'm on Rex's case, you don't want to hear what I think about Roman at this point. Rewind that pee-wee display of a two minute offense if you can stomach it. Roman was clueless and that doesn't fill me with confidence. He is in my doghouse this week.

My apologies to pee-wee football for the comparison to Roman's two minute offense.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was furious about the 2-minute drill

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that was furious about the 2-minute drill

I may never get over it. Talk about agita!

Seriously though, if there was ONE thing I never anticipated worrying about, it was Greg Roman's command of an NFL offense, regardless of who he has at the controls on the field. There was NO PLAN! Nothing! TT should have had a package of plays already discussed on the sidelines and in the meeting room all week. It gave me the impression Roman didn't know the game situation. At all.

INEXCUSABLE!

He will be fighting Bradham for keys to the doghouse.

GO BILLS!!!

Some people just like to B word. Needing to call yourself a "realist" is generally an indicator that you just like to complain too much. It's a friggin press conference! Did you ever see one of Bill Belichek's conferences after a game? How about Bill Parcells'? Friggin' horrible. I wouldn't say I hate a coach because he gives crappy press conferences after a game, or use a press conference as an indicator of "mental agility" and is therefore unfit to coach. That's just nonsense. Bullroar, I tell you, bullroar!

GO BILLS!!!

I thought Roman has been pretty good overall but was straight confused with most of the playcalling in our last game.

Against Miami TT was allowed to "go for the throat" on several passes.......loved it

Then in the Giants game.....where their secondary is the most suspect part of their team......we got all close to the vest and conservative......and it allowed them to bottle up our running game......I was begging for Roman to either

allow TT to escape the pocket for a few runs to get him going

throw deep.....attempt to draw a penalty or get a big play

Some people just like to B word. Needing to call yourself a "realist" is generally an indicator that you just like to complain too much. It's a friggin press conference! Did you ever see one of Bill Belichek's conferences after a game? How about Bill Parcells'? Friggin' horrible. I wouldn't say I hate a coach because he gives crappy press conferences after a game, or use a press conference as an indicator of "mental agility" and is therefore unfit to coach. That's just nonsense. Bullroar, I tell you, bullroar!

Just to be clear, my bitching has nothing to do with Rex's press conferences as I've already pointed out.

If I can heap praise on him, I can call into question his acumen as a coach when warranted.

GO BILLS!!!

I thought Roman has been pretty good overall but was straight confused with most of the playcalling in our last game.

Against Miami TT was allowed to "go for the throat" on several passes.......loved it

Then in the Giants game.....where their secondary is the most suspect part of their team......we got all close to the vest and conservative......and it allowed them to bottle up our running game......I was begging for Roman to either

allow TT to escape the pocket for a few runs to get him going

throw deep.....attempt to draw a penalty or get a big play

I can even cut him slack on the game plan. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

He gets no slack on his failure in that two minute offense. That was a clear misunderstanding of situational football.

GO BILLS!!!

You speak as if your the only one who understands the game. And yes I have been on the sidelines as I played for ten years---never coached tho. If you dont like what someone posts then dont read it. You really missed my main point which was just a confirmation of what I have already thought and that is Rex is a sub par coach and half the time he talks out of his ass. Sure we may beat the Titans but just wait until Cinci rolls in. Anyways it doesnt really matter when the post season rolls around and the Bills are packing their lockers. And no im not doom and gloom either just a realist.

You act as if you are the only one who can see the big picture of "rex being a sub par coach" and those that disagree should just not read your posts. :lol:

4 games into the season and you guys are all over this guy. It's not like we started 0-4. Ridiculous. And don't say that "15 years of futility" crap either. Next week everyone will love Rex if we win.

In fact we are currently the 6th seed in the playoffs. Way too early for that, but man losses crush people. I feel like after every loss people return to the same old bills mentality. It is pretty annoying when this team is something to be excited about for once.
Edited by What a Tuel

Just to be clear, my bitching has nothing to do with Rex's press conferences as I've already pointed out.

If I can heap praise on him, I can call into question his acumen as a coach when warranted.

GO BILLS!!!

I wasn't referring to your comments, K-9. I find your opinions to be well thought out and criticism well thought out and measured.

I wasn't referring to your comments, K-9. I find your opinions to be well thought out and criticism well thought out and measured.

I appreciate that. Just wanted to clarify just in case. I don't care for the negative ninnies myself.

GO BILLS!!!