Five plays in the 2nd half...

eball

#1 -- missed Carpenter FG

#2 -- 4th & goal play call

#3 -- Bradham missed tackle

#4 -- Woods strip/fumble

#5 -- chop block penalty

Those are the five plays I believe led to the Bills' loss yesterday. Unlike the Pats*** game the Bills were not overmatched. They played a ridiculously bad 1st half yet completely controlled the 2nd half of the game, showing that this coaching staff can indeed make adjustments. The Giants couldn't handle Clay. They were 3/15 on 3rd down. The game was so winnable it's disgusting.

The personal fouls are unacceptable -- the next personal foul anybody on defense gets should immediately result in a benching.

I'm not really reading any of the threads this week because it will make me ill, but those were my thoughts. I'm not down on Tyrod or the defense -- and the Bills need Watkins back in there.

Rex has to get rid of the personal fouls.

Say what you want about Marrone but he had control of this team. Jerry "back it up 15" Hughes was constantly in his doghouse and know you see why. Preston Brown needs to learn a lesson. No excuse for this kind of play. It's sloppy. Rex is sloppy. Its all in the details. Someone needs to be accountable for it. I can see sticking up for your guys in public but ripping them a new one in private. That better be what is going on.

Much more of this crap and I won't be wasting my time watching it. I can turn on the radio and get some work done.

#4 -- Woods strip/fumble

#5 -- chop block penalty

Those are the five plays I believe led to the Bills' loss yesterday. Unlike the Pats*** game the Bills were not overmatched. They played a ridiculously bad 1st half yet completely controlled the 2nd half of the game, showing that this coaching staff can indeed make adjustments. The Giants couldn't handle Clay. They were 3/15 on 3rd down. The game was so winnable it's disgusting.

The personal fouls are unacceptable -- the next personal foul anybody on defense gets should immediately result in a benching.

I'm not really reading any of the threads this week because it will make me ill, but those were my thoughts. I'm not down on Tyrod or the defense -- and the Bills need Watkins back in there.

Rex has to get rid of the personal fouls.

I know you will think this is nuts...but i promise it is true. Was so happy when Brown got his second and high fived my son..., thought it gave us our only chance ...which was Eli having a brain fart and giving the ball back..which he did

Say what you want about Marrone but he had control of this team. Jerry "back it up 15" Hughes was constantly in his doghouse and know you see why. Preston Brown needs to learn a lesson. No excuse for this kind of play. It's sloppy. Rex is sloppy. Its all in the details. Someone needs to be accountable for it. I can see sticking up for your guys in public but ripping them a new one in private. That better be what is going on.

Much more of this crap and I won't be wasting my time watching it. I can turn on the radio and get some work done.

Check this out:

The Bills had the 5th most penalties last year while the Jets had the 20th. Keep that in mind when you are blaming Rex for the penalties.

So, for

The game was essentially over by the time the chop block penalty occurred but I see your point.

So, i will say this again..i dont believe the game was even close to over at that point...simply because you have Coughlin and Eli on the other side.

I just watched that sequence again after the 2nd brown PF.

Gints up 24-10, first down with 4.05 left on clock

First down sweep right, Graham gets held right in front of official, runner gets taken out of bounds. Clock Stops

Next play, pass to OBJ in end zone, Darby great Pass Defense. Clock Stops.

Next Play Pick by Gilmore. 3.51 on clock.

that sequence coupled with what they did in first two games shows me Bills with 3 TOs left and 56 seconds...still have a chance.

BTW, for anyone who has game taped...watch the end of that interception return. Duke lays out OBJ on a sweat ass clean block, OBJ get up and pops Williams right in the kisser. Now, i don't understand someone throwing a punch at a guy with a helmet and facemask on...but he did. Shocking the refs miss that one.

Is that something that can be reviewed post game with "player safety"

Check this out:

Joe@BuffaloWins 2h2 hours ago

The Bills had the 5th most penalties last year while the Jets had the 20th. Keep that in mind when you are blaming Rex for the penalties.

but of those penalties, how many are for minor things like false starts or holds, and how many are for personal fouls? There's a big difference.

I agree. We score that TD with 52 seconds left and all three timeouts. We kick it deep. Best case scenario we get the ball back with 35 seconds somewhere around our 35. I think we still had a chance for sure.

Edited by VaMilBill

but of those penalties, how many are for minor things like false starts or holds, and how many are for personal fouls? There's a big difference.

I'm not defending Rex, just pointing out that maybe it's either the players fault or their reputation.

Guys, just so you understand where I'm coming from with this thread, I watched the game yesterday with a friend who has no allegiance to either the Bills or Giants. He repeatedly said during the 4th quarter, "you guys shouldn't just be ahead, you could have blown them out."

Most of the Bills' damage was self-inflicted yesterday, but the coaches clearly did make halftime adjustments and it was there for the taking.

My only real problem at this point is the undisciplined b.s. (i.e., the personal fouls).

I don't think the missed field goal was that big. He hits it. We lose by 11 and not 14.

It's the penalties that overturned TDs are what really cost us.

Huge difference. Bills hold them to a fg and the defense bent but did not break, which is a psychological difference and 12-3 vs. 16-3. That changes the placalling throughout the game. The score is then 12-10 after the williams TD, not 16-10.

Also if Urbik not called for the hold it is 12-10 and the Bills ran 3:09 off the clock after that and then missed the FG.....

We can go on and on, but the offside was as stupid a penalty as a team can take.

#4 -- Woods strip/fumble

#5 -- chop block penalty/phantom hold on TT run

Assigning responsibility:

1 - player

2 - coaching

3 - player

4 - player

5 - refs

Let's assign 10% of the player fault to mentality influenced by game prep. That gives us loss responsibility of 50% players, 30% coaches and 20% refs

Seems about right to me for the game overall.

6.) The 4th and goal pass to Karlos Williams. Felton appeared wide open on his curl route just over the goal line and TT just never looked at him. But that was a crappy play design anyway. Roman has to give Taylor an option. Not impressed with Roman yesterday.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think the missed field goal was that big. He hits it. We lose by 11 and not 14.

Here's why the FG was huge. Make it and it's 16-6 when they are back down in goal-to-go a few minutes later. If they don't get the TD on 3rd down they kick another one and it's now a one score game at 16-9, still early in the 4th. Completely changes the complexion of the game.

The problem is that Carpenter cannot be counted on.

In any game, when he misses an extra point, the Bills have to go for two points on their next TD, which is not a "gimme" either.

If you cannot count on him to kick an extra point or a field goal, he is hurting the team.

Every kicker will miss one now and then, but the team needs to believe he will do his job most of the time!

Here's why the FG was huge. Make it and it's 16-6 when they are back down in goal-to-go a few minutes later. If they don't get the TD on 3rd down they kick another one and it's now a one score game at 16-9, still early in the 4th. Completely changes the complexion of the game.

It was also huge because allowing no points was a big lift for New York.

Scoring even three points on them after they had been losing while having double digit late game leads in previous weeks, may have made them think "here we go again".