Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

Those actually aren't facts, they're literally your opinion.

I will continue to mindlessly look at W and L for QBs. Thanks though.

Fridge,

I really dont want to turn this into a EJ vs TT thing if that is indeed where it is going because I actually like EJ....

But no....you cant look at one player on a team and evaluate wins and losses and put that squarely on that one players shoulders

TT prior to that game (I dont know where he is now) was statistically in the top 5 of nearly ever major QB stat catagory

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ sucks. All of your transparent attempts to disparage Taylor because your favorite FSU QB sucks are hilarious.

"No excuses!!!(except for EeeeeeeeeeJ who had some big meanie hit him!)"

"The pitchforks were out for EJ by his second season as the undisputed starter when he was garbo!!!!!!!"

"Wins and losses only count when I say so, and stats lie when they're way better than EeeeeeeeeeeeeeJ's!!!!"

Next time, wait a couple seasons before buying the jersey. You'll save us from this topics appearing over and over and over again.

That's my exact point though. No one is denying that a QB needs to be doing that. The question remains is he not doing it because the coaches won't let him or because he isn't capable of it? Those are totally different.

Then we are in agreement.

I'll let you and others worry about the why but I will say this: in three out of four games, and especially after yesterday's joke of a two-minute offense to end the first half, I am leaning towards Taylor as having a better grasp on his position that Roman. I am literally amazed that was the same OC that put together such an innovative plan for Miami. Night and day. At least TT has been somewhat consistent.

GO BILLS!!!

I'll let you and others worry about the why but I will say this: in three out of four games, and especially after yesterday's joke of a two-minute offense to end the first half, I am leaning towards Taylor as having a better grasp on his position that Roman. I am literally amazed that was the same OC that put together such an innovative plan for Miami. Night and day. At least TT has been somewhat consistent.

GO BILLS!!!

Def felt we were way to conservative through most of the game

EJ sucks. All of your transparent attempts to disparage Taylor because your favorite FSU QB sucks are hilarious.

"The pitchforks were out for EJ by his second season as the undisputed starter when he was garbo!!!!!!!"

"Wins and losses only count when I say so, and stats lie when they're way better than EeeeeeeeeeeeeeJ's!!!!"

Next time, wait a couple seasons before buying the jersey. You'll save us from this topics appearing over and over and over again.

Alright Johnny pitchforks, let's take it down a notch given your own crusades

That is a extremely narrow minded (its actually mindless) view of the situation

Wins and Losses are not regulated to one position on the field......and you should know that.

Its great to say "I want m QB to be a winner"

- Blockers have to block

- Defense has to stop the opposing offense

- Receivers have to catch and fight for the ball (and not have it stripped away from them)

Its just not as cut and dry and you are making it out to be

I agree with you somewhat. Yes, all the players have to do their job.

However, some QBs can make a HUGE difference if a team wins or not.

Here's a couple of examples:

Our own Bills with Rob Johnson were going nowhere til Rob got hurt and Flutie came in and we went to the playoffs. Exact same team. With one QB, we're losers. With a different QB we're winners.

In the late 60s the Cowboys could not win the big one until they switched from Craig Morton at QB to Roger Staubach.

Wow. Relax dude. We're rooting for the same team, right?

So you haven't read anything I've said in this thread, cool.

The hypocrisy of these guys who are saying to give Tyrod time, when they brought out the pitchforks immediately with the last guy. We're all messed up as a fan base because we don't know what it's like to groom a QB and make them great. After sitting on the bench for a few years, Aaron Rogers went 2-3 to start his first season and I'm sure there's some crazies who wanted to move on.

I genuinely want to give Tyrod a full season and he wasn't my favorite out of the preseason. You can't just quit on your quarterback.

What about yesterday's QB play felt like it was any different than the last 15 years? Give him time, yes -- but don't anoint him. Tyrod has the team exactly where they were at this point last year. Hopefully, if allowed to grow, we will see the team improve.

Oh, you mean excuses? Hmmm...I remember not long ago that people were very quick to disregard excuses when judging a young quarterback...I guess this time it's different though, right?

Tyrod is the QB and he deserves his opportunity to play this entire season, but people are using excuses as if there's a fear that they need to justify this guy's every move. We need to just let it play out. On the one side, the hyper analytical nature of everything is annoying, and on the other side of the spectrum, the excuse makers, are just as bad.

Oh, and the bold is literally not true at all -- half of his games are losses. The sooner your man crush tempers a bit, the easier it will be to follow your points.

The number one trait I want for my Quarterback is a winner.

You want to look at stats? I don't know what do I look at here? He looked good in the wins, and bad in the losses. Tyrod had 38 yards at half time yesterday, and went something like 9 straight 3-and-outs in the 2nd and 3rd quarter against the Patriots.

I want to give Taylor more time before I go anywhere near as goo-goo-ga-ga as some of you swooners.

Right.

Edited by FireChan

Tyrod needs to get better.

Robert Woods isn't that good (not even as good as Hogan).

Percy Harvin is not a guy that should have short routes over the middle.

The Bills need another RB with speed while McCoy is out. Is Bryce Brown available?

wow totally wrong on all points.

Harvin is a gadget guy who should catch screens etc.

Woods is really good, hogan is a wanna be.

ANd the rb w speed was spiller, how did he run for us last year?

Amazing how off some peoples takes are.

Seek help buddy.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

4th game started....

My biggest beef is throwing on 3rd down to a receiver 3 yards behind the 3rd down marker only to see the receiver tackled as soon as he gets the ball, over, and over.

Then 36 yards passing in an entire first half is beyond bad, and couple that with 42 yards rushing both parts of the offense stunk. The Giants D isn't that good.

When Roman sets the offense with three tight ends the Giants just stacked the box with 5 on the line, and 8 in the box. Then the Bills coaches should understand that the Giants saw RG3 running a lot and have figured a way to counter running QB's. Kinda why those runs in the red zone didn't make it to the end zone, particularly the one on fourth down.

My biggest beef is throwing on 3rd down to a receiver 3 yards behind the 3rd down marker only to see the receiver tackled as soon as he gets the ball, over, and over.

Then 36 yards passing in an entire first half is beyond bad, and couple that with 42 yards rushing both parts of the offense stunk. The Giants D isn't that good.

When Roman sets the offense with three tight ends the Giants just stacked the box with 5 on the line, and 8 in the box. Then the Bills coaches should understand that the Giants saw RG3 running a lot and have figured a way to counter running QB's. Kinda why those runs in the red zone didn't make it to the end zone, particularly the one on fourth down.

I was impressed with the discipline and execution showed by the NYG defense.

GO BILLS!!!

Totally agree and it was a little baffling to me. The game plan Roman showed up with yesterday had me scratching my head. It was a really stubborn plan.