Is this defense just average?

Perhaps it may be earily but after 4 games I have not seen anything special about this defense. How many sacks do we have and how may passing yards have they given up? I would prefer we start playing more aggressive which gives us more turnover opportunities. Teams are coming out and do what they please, that is not a sign of a great defense.

Perhaps it may be earily but after 4 games I have not seen anything special about this defense. How many sacks do we have and how may passing yards have they given up? I would prefer we start playing more aggressive which gives us more turnover opportunities. Teams are coming out and do what they please, that is not a sign of a great defense.

Actually the passing defense wasn't that bad versus the Giants. Eli thew for 212 yards on 35 attempts. A lot of the big receivers were shut down. ODB had 38 yards.

It was undisciplined football.

I have issues with coaching and discipline but one passing D issue I continue to have is the overrated stature of Gilmore. He is wildly inconsistent, one hood week, one bad. He gets a pass by many because his best games stand out but he was generally owned today. The term shutdown should never be used to describe him, he's far from it.

Also, teams have realized that quick passes neutralize the d line. Today that worked well when they struggled to stop the run, a double whammy.

The offense was hot garbage and outboard. 4th and goallsy call was Pop Warner. Williams isn't fast enough for a play that takes too much time to develop. What happened to the bully? Bullies run it up the middle on fourth and goal. OL is still an issue. Incognito is very good as is miller but the rest are suspect.

Actually the passing defense wasn't that bad versus the Giants. Eli thew for 212 yards on 35 attempts. A lot of the big receivers were shut down. ODB had 38 yards.

It was undisciplined football.

Hey dude after 4 weeks we are around 30th in passing yards given, Eli had 3 tds today, the bar must be low for your expectations if giving-up 212 yards and 3 tds is good.

Edited by Niagara Dude

We overpaid for a DLine that has more hype than pressure. It seems like this is a great D until we run into a good quarterback.

When you put all that money on that line and need plays to get the ball back your defense needs to step-up. MD was just given too much money for what we get in return.

Hey dude after 4 weeks we are around 30th in passing yards given, Eli had 3 tds today

Cool dude, you made this thread after THIS game. Giving up 212 yards passing and basically shutting down ODB isn't a bad week. Wanna know what helped get those 3 TD passes? Stupid plays and penalties. The defense did a fairly decent job shutting down the pass, especially in the 2nd half. There was one big play on a missed tackle.

We overpaid for a DLine that has more hype than pressure. It seems like this is a great D until we run into a good quarterback.

The d-line is very good.The Coaching, discipline, and a big mouthed look at me HC who is to this point all talk, is bad. So far Ryans lifetime sub .500 win record appears safe. rex's honeymoon is ending. he needs another scrub team to beat up on to jack his ego back up.

2 home losses in a row. Unreal.

Cool dude, you made this thread after THIS game. Giving up 212 yards passing and basically shutting down ODB isn't a bad week. Wanna know what helped get those 3 TD passes? Stupid plays and penalties. The defense did a fairly decent job shutting down the pass, especially in the 2nd half. There was one big play on a missed t

A great defense gets their offense the ball back after we scored our TD and were within 6 points. This team is all about defense and most of their salary cap money is on that side of ball. We need them to make plays and be above average when the game is on the line, not miss tackles. Just saying.....

A great defense gets their offense the ball back after we scored our TD and were within 6 points. This team is all about defense and most of their salary cap money is on that side of ball. We need them to make plays and be above average when the game is on the line, not miss tackles. Just saying.....

Agreed. Defence wasn't bad today but when they needed a stop at a crucial time they couldn't get the job done