Inexcusable Loss Today

Big Turk

Good leadership leads... to positive things. This was near franchise-record breaking bad. Again. Two out of four games lost due to poor coaching. Yes, when there is a clear pattern, you have to look beyond specific players. You look at the leader. We are NOT losing due to lack of talent. Any team can win any game, but I'm not liking what I'm seeing. The good news is if they get their $&@! together we are talented enough to go on a run. If they are well coached.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. The adjustments were made and we shut the Giants down on offense and moved the ball at will against their defense in the 2nd half.

Still, you're not going to win many games getting your ass kicked that bad in the first half of games. This coaching staff blew it this game. Nowhere near enough pressure on Manning. Very poor play calling in first half. Just awful. embarrassing even. Yes the penalties were a major contributor to this loss, but the coaching flat out sucked that whole first half.

Still, you're not going to win many games getting your ass kicked that bad in the first half of games. This coaching staff blew it this game. Nowhere near enough pressure on Manning. Very poor play calling in first half. Just awful. embarrassing even. Yes the penalties were a major contributor to this loss, but the coaching flat out sucked that whole first half.

I know it is an excuse and I hate making excuses but the Giants staff had extra time to prepare for us since they were the Thursday game last week. I hate playing teams coming in with extra time to rest and prep.

Best loss I've ever seen.

Why?

I'm free.

I realized, on that Tyrod TD run that wasn't, that the league has finally, mercifully, reached the point where I no longer care.

I'm not watching a sport... I'm watching a 3.5 hour beer commercial, interspersed with completely subjective "penalties" designed to keep the game close, and award the teams that "should" win, like the New York metro area Giants.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a waste of time on a beautiful fall day.

I'll respond in length to the person who sent me a PM about the Patriots, and I'll make some final goodbye post after our next win--for 2 reasons.

A) so it resonates with the true Bills fans on here (not social media team members from the league) and not people that think I'm just "bitter" after a loss; and B) so those same social media team members have talking points to bring back to their account managers and maybe the message can start working its way up the ladder.

The person I feel worst for?

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Sell now while you can, this league is in a tailspin.

Oh sure, profits will probably keep going up, for now, but kids are dying, schools are closing programs, and the league is awful.

It's been real guys, hate away, but the NFL f*cking blows now, and I'm sorry to be the first to eulogize it, but one of us has to.

Too much real in this post!! Now I'm bummed. I just want the Bills to get one superbowl before I go apple picking on Sunday. Just one please!!

Bad loss for sure. Made some stupid mistakes for sure and Bradham missing that tackle was huge but the referees....wow!!

The refs stat line was way more productive in yards and points (taken away) than any player or unit today. When will this end? I can't stand to watch it much more.

Completely agree! Excruciating.

Best loss I've ever seen.

Why?

I'm free.

I realized, on that Tyrod TD run that wasn't, that the league has finally, mercifully, reached the point where I no longer care.

I'm not watching a sport... I'm watching a 3.5 hour beer commercial, interspersed with completely subjective "penalties" designed to keep the game close, and award the teams that "should" win, like the New York metro area Giants.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a waste of time on a beautiful fall day.

I'll respond in length to the person who sent me a PM about the Patriots, and I'll make some final goodbye post after our next win--for 2 reasons.

A) so it resonates with the true Bills fans on here (not social media team members from the league) and not people that think I'm just "bitter" after a loss; and B) so those same social media team members have talking points to bring back to their account managers and maybe the message can start working its way up the ladder.

The person I feel worst for?

Mr. and Mrs. Pegula. Sell now while you can, this league is in a tailspin.

Oh sure, profits will probably keep going up, for now, but kids are dying, schools are closing programs, and the league is awful.

It's been real guys, hate away, but the NFL f*cking blows now, and I'm sorry to be the first to eulogize it, but one of us has to.

I'm not quite there yet but feel I should be and likely will be soon. Spot on.

Or Bradham missing a tackle that might have changed the game or Carpenter missing a chip shot.

Oh, there were plenty of player mistakes today, too. On a day like this there is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone gets a slice!

But I believe the final blame belongs to the coaching staff, today.

To that end if the players know they are going to be held to a closer standard, they need to play with that in mind. To lose two touchdowns to penalties is just to much....

I think our coaches need to keep this in mind too.

That's why I hate to see a conservative/ground and pound approach like we ran the whole first half. We can't play close games and expect to win a lot of them. One mysterious flag can lose it for us. We saw it over and over in the Jauron era.

I'd like to see us takes the reigns off the offense and go all out to score a lot. Our goal should be to be up by 14 going into the 4th quarter to give us a cushion. Easier said then done I know, but it's our only chance IMHO.

The Pegulas need to have a conversation with Ryan about getting control of the team. While I'm on Ryan, Jim Schwartz is a better defensive coach.

The penalties on the two called back TDs were not penalties. Urbik called the penalty on himself by putting his hands up. Incognito was above the waist, not a chop block. It should not have come down to this however.

Bills beat themselves, all three phases were bad as was the coaching.

BS, the refs cost the Bills 2 tds, sorry if there not good enough to overcome that. I don't know many teams west of Foxboro that are.

Oh, there were plenty of player mistakes today, too. On a day like this there is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone gets a slice!

But I believe the final blame belongs to the coaching staff, today.

I am with you. In the two losses, this team was indisciplined and unprepared. Good thing was that the D adjusted in the second half. But, the issues with this team seem chronic. Penalties, getting gashed at inopportune times, inability to adjust on O. Somehow, a guy considered a defensive guru has managed to take a more talented roster and make them look befuddled at times against Brady and the first half yesterday. Very concerning Edited by Fan in Chicago

Like others have said Johnny gold is 100% spot on. I have been saying the same thing for a long time but he put it much more elecuently.

Games are so obviously determined by the reffing. Anyone who watches a lot of college football or HS football can sense a very real competitive difference in those games v NFL games. When I watch college it feels different. Like a real game, where both teams are given the chance to win. And their own play determines it.

Not with the NFL.

The games are decided by the refs. Rules are not enforced equally from week to week or even team to team in the same game. Penalties like bradhams PI call v the Pats helped the Pats beat us and then v the giants there are two or three times the giants did the same thing with no call.

There is too much judgement in the call sand the NFL wants it that way so they can control the outcomes.

The NFL is like the WWF - a bunch of fake scripted bull ****.

College football is still real football.

I don't know what to say to those of you parading out trite, tired, cliched phrases like "we didn't protect our house."

Stop saying we. You're not a part of this team anymore.

There is no team. There is no sport. There is no league.

It's just a 6 month long commercial brought to you by Budweiser, and the broadcasting networks who cling to the major sports leagues as their last bastion of revenue streams.

The entire game is dictated by TV timeouts, and major markets playing in the playoffs.

How Eli and this Giants team has won TWO super bowls, both against the Boston team, is beyond me.

Buffalo was clearly better, and, if you include Taylors TD that was called back, and Clays TD that was called back, (both for penalties that didn't happen)

YOU LITERALLY JUST SPENT YOUR SUNDAY AFTERNOON WATCHING A TEAM FROM BUFFALO SCORE MORE POINTS THAN A TEAM FROM MANHATTAN, AND YET THE TEAM FROM MANHATTAN IS GIVEN THE "WIN" AND A BETTER CHANCE OF BEING ONE OF THE 12 TEAMS THAT WILL MAKE THE "TOURNAMENT" IN JANUARY WHEN EVEN MORE EYES ARE ON THE SCREEN.

On here, members from the league's social media "team" are so ingrained as posters that you don't even know up from down anymore.

Do any of you stop to think that you're on a Buffalo Bills message board, and if you criticize our freaking division rivals FOR CHEATING (AND BEING CAUGHT!) AND WINNING MULTIPLE CHAMPIONSHIPS BECAUSE OF IT, that you actually have to defend your position?!

The great arm of league marketing extends into the message boards of teams!!! Youre arguing with NFL staffers!!

Could you even imagine someone on an Auburn message board defending an Alabama team that got caught with recruiting violations!

TWICE!

AND WON TWO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS BECAUSE OF IT!!!

A million years? It wouldn't happen in the entire lifetime of the universe?

But its so common on here, or profootballtalk, or anywhere else, that day-to-day fans are numb to it.

They think "gee, the Pats got busted for cheating, and the big market teams keep winning super bowls, but i must be crazy, because everytime i try to bring this up on a message board, i get yelled at by people i dont know."

Who do you think those people are?

FOLLOWING THE LEAGUE HAS TURNED INTO ONE GIANT, NEVER ENDING COMMERCIAL!!

Today was the best day I've ever had following the Bills.

Ever.

I finally saw behind the veil.

I get it now.

Win or lose, the product is so beyond over saturated, it's just a complete and utter joke.

Come on PR guys, attack me. Im ready.

Or ignore.

Either or.

7 of the last 10 super bowl winners come from medium to smaller markets. You sound like you've lost it. Where was the New England market before tom brady? The same place it will be after Brady.

I hope you stay home on election day. The world is out to get you.

The top 5 TV markets in the country are NY. LA. ChicAgo. Philly. And dallas.

The NFL should just have those teams win SB's under your paranoid master plan.

LA doesnt even have a team.

The penalties are a result of being manhandled on both sides of the ball. The Bills were out played, out coached and out hustled. The number of 8 to 12 yards gained on first down plays by the giants was embarrassing. Our team does nothing but read its own press clippings. Something is seriously wrong with the rush defense as well as the Oline.

I don't understand how people can say Rex is responsible for Jerry Hughes or Aaron Willisms getting personal foul penalties

Because they've had that ammo loaded since the day Rex was brought in.

My favorite was in Bill from NYC's weekly thread, where he is ready to turn his back on Rex after only four games with new coaches, staff, ownership, a quarterback on his fourth start, a bad OL, and our #1 WR and RB on the bench.

You'd think we would have the Lombardi by now.

A lot of things went wrong yesterday. Coaching didn't even crack the top 15 list.

Haven't seen anyone mention it but the play that left me with my jaw hanging open was when the Bills got a lucky break on the kickoff and the ball did not bounce into the end zone. It took a perfect backwards bounce and for a second was just laying there at the two yard line and somehow the Bill's coverage team allow it to be scooped up and returned to the 30. I was flabbergasted.

I think that play summed up the whole afternoon! This game had some of the WORST tackles I have ever seen!!!!!

Because they've had that ammo loaded since the day Rex was brought in.

My favorite was in Bill from NYC's weekly thread, where he is ready to turn his back on Rex after only four games with new coaches, staff, ownership, a quarterback on his fourth start, a bad OL, and our #1 WR and RB on the bench.

You'd think we would have the Lombardi by now.

A lot of things went wrong yesterday. Coaching didn't even crack the top 15 list.

Yes it did. The playcalls in the first half on offense flat out sucked. Execution was bad, but the plays called were as bad if not worse.

Roman didn't use Tyrod's mobility at all (or at least not enough) in the first half. Where were the read options? Where were the moving pockets an bootlegs? You have a legit dual threat QB, you may as well maximize the use of his skills and talents. This is even more true with Shady and Watkins out of the lineup.

And giving up 16 points in the first half is not exactly playing good defense. The second half was much better, but it was too little too late. Poor coaching cost us big time in that game.

This team should of flat out dominated the Giants IMO..

Same old same old.... definitely not going to sit here and torture myself on Sundays watching the same thing I have had to stomach for 15 years already. I'll watch but if other things pop up I will be doing those things instead