2nd half Giants at Bills

• Replies 722
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon. That incognito penalty always gets called. It was totally unnecessary too.

It was borderline but there is no need for it. The man was blocked and wasn't near Taylor and Incognito was off balance when he attempted to engage. Why throw a questionable block that has no impact on the play?

It was borderline but there is no need for it. The man was blocked and wasn't near Taylor and Incognito was off balance when he attempted to engage. Why throw a questionable block that has no impact on the play?

When you're an offensive lineman for a QB who can escape and run like Tyrod does, you never stop blocking and looking for blocks.

The refs weren't great out there, but when have they ever been great. How may personal fouls have been called on Hughes the past two years? When is this guy going to finally just STFU and play football. How many back to back personal fouls have been called on the Bills on the SAME PLAY this year. It's no surprise the refs have rabbit ears, so STFU and play football.

This wasn't the first bogus chop block called on the Bills this year, so you know that the refs are calling it too close. So avoid doing anything that looks even remotely like a chop block, especially on a pass play during which there was NO pressure on Taylor.

No doubt the refs are WAY too active this season. But it shouldn't be a surprise. PLAY SMART. This is a dumb football team right now. Each week the refs are teaching them a lesson that they refuse to learn.

The refs weren't great out there, but when have they ever been great. How may personal fouls have been called on Hughes the past two years? When is this guy going to finally just STFU and play football. How many back to back personal fouls have been called on the Bills on the SAME PLAY this year. It's no surprise the refs have rabbit ears, so STFU and play football.

This wasn't the first bogus chop block called on the Bills this year, so you know that the refs are calling it too close. So avoid doing anything that looks even remotely like a chop block, especially on a pass play during which there was NO pressure on Taylor.

No doubt the refs are WAY too active this season. But it shouldn't be a surprise. PLAY SMART. This is a dumb football team right now. Each week the refs are teaching them a lesson that they refuse to learn.

Yup

Diving low - which is what he did. The fact that he didn't really get him low is beside the point in those situations. Refs call that every time.

He didn't dive. Are we watching the same play? Answer the question, where does a player have to hit to be considered "low"? Below the knees? Waist? Neck?

the thigh???? What game were you watching? The hit was to the mid section which now is apparently low

Giants at Bills

It was a 1:05 pm start.

Bills lost by 14.

Hope that helps

He didn't dive. Are we watching the same play? Answer the question, where does a player have to hit to be considered "low"? Below the knees? Waist? Neck?

He very clearly lunged...and lunged low.

It was a very dumb play

Giants at Bills

It was a 1:05 pm start.

Bills lost by 14.

Hope that helps

He very clearly lunged...and lunged low.

It was a very dumb play

Oh, so lunging is wrong now? You guys are a trip. A clearly legal block called a penalty and Incognito is at fault. Wow.

I don't care if he was doing the limbo...the block was HIGH.

Edited by Acantha

Mike Pereira just said chop block was not a penalty there.

of course it wasnt, bills get screwed again. what else is new, but we shouldnt blame refs for affecting outcomes because refs are never wrong according to some around here.

Edited by old school

Honestly the refs, IMO, didn't effect the outcome of the game they effected my enjoyment of the game. I hate when refs go overboard on the penalties. The Bills shot themselves in the foot A LOT. They gave the Giants more chances. The Bills had a absolutely horrible offensive game plan in the 1st half.

I would say the offense was way more than slow to start. I'm honestly floored by how bad the scheme and play calling was. There have been a lot of differing views about Roman, but this was horrendous. If that game plan was on him, he doesn't deserve a job.

i will disagree.he did adjust we did not execute

Mike Pereira just said chop block was not a penalty there.

Problem is that the refs are calling chop blocks much more tightly than they are written in the rule book. The Bills knew this because Clay was called for a WTF chop block back in the Colts game.

Since this play isn't reviewable, Roman and crew should have taken anything that looks like a chop block out of the playbook. Usually chop blocks happen on runs or screens. There was no reason for Incognito to throw this block on a downfield pass.

Honestly the refs, IMO, didn't effect the outcome of the game they effected my enjoyment of the game. I hate when refs go overboard on the penalties. The Bills shot themselves in the foot A LOT. They gave the Giants more chances. The Bills had a absolutely horrible offensive game plan in the 1st half.

true, somewhat, they did affect the outcome of the game because 2 very questionable calls called back 2 tds which would have had the game tied. In a tied game I doubt they take a bunch of personal foul penalties because the guys are frustrated and letting emotions get to them. It's funny cause when this team is up they don't take personal foul penalties, it's only when they are down.

true, somewhat, they did affect the outcome of the game because 2 very questionable calls called back 2 tds which would have had the game tied. In a tied game I doubt they take a bunch of personal foul penalties because the guys are frustrated and letting emotions get to them. It's funny cause when this team is up they don't take personal foul penalties, it's only when they are down.

Yea but they need to shut their mouths. I get that some of the calls are questionable but does yapping really solve that problem? No. Shut up and go play football. Is Mario getting personal fouls? Kyle Williams? No. They seem to be able to keep their cool, yet somehow Jerry Hughes can't shut up and does something stupid, without fail.

I think most would agree that the refs have become WAY too much a part of the game. Stats prove that, especially this year. When there are only one of these games a week for your team, their bad games magnify things greatly.

Agree with everything you said. I have learned something from the refs in the first 4 games of this season too.... I learned that the officials are making this game unwatchable.

i will disagree.he did adjust we did not execute

He changed the game plan after the game was out of hand. He was still calling a one yard out into the 4th quarter! The redzone calls were insane.

Regardless of the adjustments, coming into a game vs one of the strongest run defenses and weakest pass defenses and running the ball on 1st and 2nd down is amateur hour. The short passing was consistent through the game and never worked. It wasn't until the game situation absolutely took away those option that the team finally started consistently throwing intermediate routes that were previously successful and then abandoned.

I agree with everything regarding Hughes. IMO, he needs to be suspended for his crap. I would say benched, but that doesn't hit him in the wallet. Not sure if you can suspend a player for being a douche bag and hurting your team on the field week after week, but I doubt it, and it's too bad.

As for the chop, I think it's crazy to ask a player not to make a legal block during a game because it may be called incorrectly. How can a player make that kind of adjustment in the heat of a play?

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, when you have an athletic QB that runs like TT does, there is no time that you shouldn't be looking around for a block. Yes, it was it ended up being unnecessary, but Incognito doesn't know that at the time. For all he knows, the play is breaking down behind him and TT is getting ready to run. He isn't engaged so he finds the nearest guy and engages, LEGALLY. It was good play and is what everyone on that OL should be doing.

Agree with everything you said. I have learned something from the refs in the first 4 games of this season too.... I learned that the officials are making this game unwatchable.

I definitely agree with that. But it's painful to watch the Bills play directly into the refs over-zealousness to be seen on TV 35 times a game.

He changed the game plan after the game was out of hand. He was still calling a one yard out into the 4th quarter! The redzone calls were insane.

Regardless of the adjustments, coming into a game vs one of the strongest run defenses and weakest pass defenses and running the ball on 1st and 2nd down is amateur hour. The short passing was consistent through the game and never worked. It wasn't until the game situation absolutely took away those option that the team finally started consistently throwing intermediate routes that were previously successful and then abandoned.

I agree with everything regarding Hughes. IMO, he needs to be suspended for his crap. I would say benched, but that doesn't hit him in the wallet. Not sure if you can suspend a player for being a douche bag and hurting your team on the field week after week, but I doubt it, and it's too bad.

As for the chop, I think it's crazy to ask a player not to make a legal block during a game because it may be called incorrectly. How can a player make that kind of adjustment in the heat of a play?

I said it earlier and I'll say it again, when you have an athletic QB that runs like TT does, there is no time that you shouldn't be looking around for a block. Yes, it was it ended up being unnecessary, but Incognito doesn't know that at the time. For all he knows, the play is breaking down behind him and TT is getting ready to run. He isn't engaged so he finds the nearest guy and engages, LEGALLY. It was good play and is what everyone on that OL should be doing.

I agree with that, but until these plays are reviewable, it's a crap shoot that a perfectly legal block is going to result in a 15 yard penalty. There's no way to challenge this, and the refs are just not calling it by the book.

It sucks, but it's a fact of life right now in the NFL. Usually chop blocks are designed in run or screen plays. Those have to be removed to remove risk of a penalty being called (see Clays' penalty from the Colts game). And when the line is pass blocking, they have to be coached to stay away from rushers who are being engaged by another offensive lineman.

I definitely agree with that. But it's painful to watch the Bills play directly into the refs over-zealousness to be seen on TV 35 times a game.

I agree with that, but until these plays are reviewable, it's a crap shoot that a perfectly legal block is going to result in a 15 yard penalty. There's no way to challenge this, and the refs are just not calling it by the book.

It sucks, but it's a fact of life right now in the NFL. Usually chop blocks are designed in run or screen plays. Those have to be removed to remove risk of a penalty being called (see Clays' penalty from the Colts game). And when the line is pass blocking, they have to be coached to stay away from rushers who are being engaged by another offensive lineman.

So no more double teams? Kind of a dramatic change to the game, don't you think?

Two losses in two games where this team was simply not prepared.

Yep. And in both cases, it was in the worst way in my opinion. Our offense came into this game with a plan to run, apparently no matter what, against the best rush d in the league. In the NE game, Rex went into the game with a plan to NOT blitz the best QB in the league. Just craziness.

So no more double teams? Kind of a dramatic change to the game, don't you think?

There are several dramatic changes going on with the game right now, much of it coming by the way the refs are calling the games (which I don't agree with). Teams can make adjustments or waste time arguing that penalties that cost them games weren't called right.