Busiest traffic right here

Ice bowl 67

Wow, some of the fastest flowing traffic, i've seen in years. head to California, florida, Nd Portland for what real traffic nightmares look like.

That looks like midnight on the 101 after crossing the GG bridge into Marin.

The 101 on the GG bridge to Marin is probably some of the best flowing traffic in the Bay. Try getting to the Bay Bridge from the other side of Market in the afternoon.

It's all about going against the grain. That's why I love shift work... @ work now. I take 394 to 94 and exit @ 130th street. A 18 mile commute from my home is about 20-25 minutes. I am 4 miles from the 394 and then into 94. The mess gets further in on the Dan Ryan (past I-57) @ 95th and below to the "Spaghetti Bowl". South Side below 95th and especially I-80 is way better... Fug the Northside! What a mess! Northside expressways... I don't even want to think of those clustereffs! @ least they have adjustable lanes up there to handle flow.

The problem is Lake Michigan, 3 interstates have to come together @ the southern tip of The Lake. I-90, I-94, & I-80. The 90 and 94 have to come down and meet into I-80. The Borman in Indiana can be a real mess for us leaving the frig out of town to the east. Sometimes, I just take US-30, and then I-65 up... Sometimes scenic to Valpo and then IN Turnpike.

BUT... Like my first sentence: "Always go against the grain." Plan around the normal commutes, holiday seekers up to the western shores of Michigan, etc...

I never do the 9-5 thing... Leave town w/the regulars, etc... Roads are a breeze here then.

Where's the snow???? That's not authentic Chicago without snow!

Chicago's biggest one day snowstorm was about 20" EVER! Biggest season was 80" EVER... Average is about 35" or so.

Is this a joke? Have you been in traffic?

This "traffic" is considered "clear roads" in DC/MD/VA.

Yeah... That video of The Ryan is pretty tame... Not bad traffic @ all on the Southside.

I'm sorry but maybe I've lived in CA too long but did I miss something? I did fast forward through some if that but it was just traffic.

Exactly... Southside is tame... Chicago traffic can be bad, mostly on the Northside and then there is The Ryan ONLY @ Rush. As long as the road is moving I have no problems... "Parking lots" standstills are another story.

On the cross Bronx expressway you can buy a water bottle from guys selling on the side of the road BETWEEN exits. They set up shop between exits. I can't believe I watched an eight minute video of traffic I would kill for on a random day. It was actually fascinating for some strange reason. The guy who took the video always seemed to be in the lane of least resistance.

Living in WV has spoiled me. I drive an hour to work and in the morning

I might encounter 20-30 cars/trucks. The afternoon drive is more crowded

My big worry is deer.

Even though I live in the part of the country with some of the worst traffic I have a reverse commute. I drive about 18 miles and make in around 15 minutes. It's almost 100% freeway but I have to worry about deer too. I love that about the Bay Area.

That looked like a good day on the road... Wish I could drive in those. Don't try to go on the parkway in NJ, especially in the summer, or around school years, or during work hours, or when they are doing construction. (Always)

Edited by Beef Jerky

It is funny to see the OP post a video of a few vehicles on the road and thinks it is busy traffic. He would go insane if he was on any of the road most of us talk about. It is an hour drive down the parkway for me to get home. In the summer it takes 4+ hours to drive that same distance.