Rex has burning hatred for the Cheats*

First I think he knows that he was outcoached and he is embarrassed by it.

Second I think it was obvious that Belichick blew it. They tried to bury us and it backfired. The only reason we had a chance in that game is because Belichick tried to run up the score and Rex knew it. Every coach in the league would have run the ball up by 19 or so in the fourth and the Pats threw every play. They screwed up and we would not have been within 14 points with a minute to go if they didn't. Rex, IMO, was letting people know that without making it bulletin board material and it's a smart move.

I like Rex and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he coached a terrible game against the Pats. But the Pats blew it in the second half against us and their arrogance was the only reason we made a game of it. And I think that is what Rex was referring to.

You sure about that? How many three and outs did the Pats* have in the second half by throwing the ball? I venture to guess if Pats* went to the running game, Bills would have completed the comeback.

BTW didn't the Bills blow out their opposition after the loss?

You sure about that? How many three and outs did the Pats* have in the second half by throwing the ball? I venture to guess if Pats* went to the running game, Bills would have completed the comeback.

I think the Pats* figured they'd be more successful by throwing the ball than running it...and it showed. Brady* was shredding the defense, so why stop?

And yes, the Bills blew out Miami, but they didn't run up the score. If Rex really wanted to do that, he'd have left Taylor in the game and kept running the same game plan that was successful in the first half. They were running the ball well enough to keep it away from the Fins and kill the clock.

Enough already. Im not getting my hopes up like we were sold a few weeks ago.

Your screen name is fredex22 - named after a running back that had a story and was never one of the leagues best RB's

It's been 15 years and no playoffs and you're still here

You've had "enough already" with a coach that arguably has played the Pats the toughest recently - and isn't afraid to say he can beat them? In addition you won't be sold any longer? - Yes you will.

Edited by Triple Threat

Its pretty clear that Belichek is inside Rex's head. And it appears generally that the Patriots are inside the players heads. That is a disadvantage for the Bills. Basic sports psychology, that we are on the wrong end of.

Beyond the loss, future mind games?

The Taintriots get "pissed off" when people speak poorly of them and they do all they can to humiliate other teams by running up the score.

Let them have Tainted Tom pass 50 times a game. I'd love to see what he looks like in December throwing passes.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Bills played pretty well against Miami.....Looked like they were focused.

They played well. Miami played badly.

I was referring specifically to remarks made by Rex in his Weds presser that he isn't "all the way over the Brady butt-kicking" they gave. As Rex goes, so go the players, we've seen. So get over it, Rex.

They played well. Miami played badly.

I was referring specifically to remarks made by Rex in his Weds presser that he isn't "all the way over the Brady butt-kicking" they gave. As Rex goes, so go the players, we've seen. So get over it, Rex.

Oh, I think he's compartmentalized it well enough. Frankly, I don't want any member of this team, staff, or front office to ever forget how the P*s have embarrassed this franchise recently. There's a place for history in the playbook. Revenge is best served cold. I don't care if it takes till TB* is retired, I want to see The Bills and every other team in The League run up the score on those bastards, every game for a decade.

Rex hates them, and so do I, but I don't think for an instant that it's distracting him and the team in their preparations for the Giants.

I take your point that we were stuffing their run pretty effectively, so passing per se was a ball control strategy for them. This bolded part I'm not so sure of. Two key plays that enabled the comeback were:

1. NE "going for it" in the 4th quarter on 4th and 1 at the Buf 41 with a deep pass play to Edelman. They missed and gave us the ball with excellent field position from which we scored 8 plays later. I think that gets interpreted they weren't just trying to keep the drive alive, they were trying to score 7 points and run the score up to 44-19.

2. Then, after the failed onside kick, Brady was strip-sacked at the Buf 41 resulting in a 2nd Buffalo score making it 37-32. In the All-22, Brady is bouncing in place, waiting for a play to develop. Gronk appears open near the LOS on the right sideline. Brady appears to be looking deeper - again, I think that is taken as they weren't just trying to keep the drive alive, they were trying to score 7 and keep it a blowout.

Arguably in both cases a punt would have pinned us deep and made it more likely the drive would stall or just forced us to eat more time, a short ball-control type pass would have left the ball in the Pats hands and out of ours, and the plays the Pats dialed up were going for our throats and backfired.

I'm tI red of the entire league and coaches who are too scared to tell the truth and whats really going on about the Pats. When Tomlin was so furious about the headsets week one and said it always happens here he cowered when asked if it happens anywhere else. Instead of standing up and saying yeah it happens here he just said I'm only talking about tonight which is either saying it happens everywhere but I'm blaming tonight's game on it or I have been instructed I can not say anything about them

Thank you very much, BuffaloBill. I am in a self-imposed exile from another board, and have been looking for a new home. After over 7 years there, it changed too much and was no longer for me, but I still feel the need to post my opinions as well as my irreverent comments.There just aren't any Bills fans here in my new home.

Hope this is my new haunt.

Herb, this is a great place to be. Lots of knowledgeable posters, lots of great Bills info.

You will find some petty bickering and a few always-negative posters, but you learn to ignore those folks.

TSW is here for you 365 days a year (366 in a leap year).

Welcome!

Thank you very much, BuffaloBill. I am in a self-imposed exile from another board, and have been looking for a new home. After over 7 years there, it changed too much and was no longer for me, but I still feel the need to post my opinions as well as my irreverent comments.There just aren't any Bills fans here in my new home.

Hope this is my new haunt.

Welcome aboard. Aside from occasional trolling and an ad hominen attack here or there in an overheated disagreement, this is a great place to be.

Especially when the Bills are winning.

First I think he knows that he was outcoached and he is embarrassed by it.

Second I think it was obvious that Belichick blew it. They tried to bury us and it backfired. The only reason we had a chance in that game is because Belichick tried to run up the score and Rex knew it. Every coach in the league would have run the ball up by 19 or so in the fourth and the Pats threw every play. They screwed up and we would not have been within 14 points with a minute to go if they didn't. Rex, IMO, was letting people know that without making it bulletin board material and it's a smart move.

I like Rex and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he coached a terrible game against the Pats. But the Pats blew it in the second half against us and their arrogance was the only reason we made a game of it. And I think that is what Rex was referring to.

^This.

Wait until Brady gets injured because he's still throwing the ball when leading by 30 in the 4th quarter of some game. Opposing coaches don't take lightly to having the score deliberately run up on them. Down 30, some DC is gonna be tempted to send the house at Brady whether he gives up another big play or not.

GO BILLS!!!

^This.

Wait until Brady gets injured because he's still throwing the ball when leading by 30 in the 4th quarter of some game. Opposing coaches don't take lightly to having the score deliberately run up on them. Down 30, some DC is gonna be tempted to send the house at Brady whether he gives up another big play or not.

GO BILLS!!!

agreed and don't be surprised if it's the Colts that do it. They are desperate and hate the Pats as much as any team in the AFCE - and Belichik likely has a deep grudge against the Colts for blowing the whistle on the balls in the AFC championship game and will try to score 100 pts on national tv in Indy. Edited by YoloinOhio

Clap it up, ya'll

@art_stapleton: Rex Ryan was asked on conference call with #Giants media if he missed New York.

"I live in New York. I don't know what you're talking about"

Travel anywhere in the other 49 and tell someone that you are from New York. All of them will assume you mean the city. Kind of irritating in a way. This is more subtle evidence that Rex is an intelligent, observant man who has picked up the sensitivities of our region rather quickly.

Travel anywhere in the other 49 and tell someone that you are from New York. All of them will assume you mean the city. Kind of irritating in a way. This is more subtle evidence that Rex is an intelligent, observant man who has picked up the sensitivities of our region rather quickly.

yup. I agree it is irritating and I love his answer.

The results are largely the same, but at least Rex wants to win these games. I never got the impression that any of the last half a dozen or so coaches considered it a possibility to beat the Cheatriots and thus didn't care.

I tend to disagree with this. Coach Gailey even beat them once and in another game Graham was in the wrong place in the EZ resulting in a potential game tieing pick. Coach Marrone had the lead with less than 2:00 to go in his first outing against them and beat them in the last game last year (I wonder if you called the league office and asked them if this game counted what they would tell you?).

Rex, on the other hand, gave up the most yards on D in franchise history AND pretty much conceded to them on D.

I think all of our coaches in the past have tried their darndest to win, but like most coaches in the NFL came up short.