Hammer's Lot Mentioned On MSN Travel!

And the stadium has had some nice multi-million dollar upgrades over the past two years. Still, nice mention of Hammer's Lot and Pinto Ron. :)

I could never understand why Kenny is always referred to as "Pinto Ron". OK, I get the Pinto part. Is it only because he was mis-named a long time ago in an article, or is there more to the story?

I could never understand why Kenny is always referred to as "Pinto Ron". OK, I get the Pinto part. Is it only because he was mis-named a long time ago in an article, or is there more to the story?

I'm curious about that too, Dean. I always call him Pinto Kenny, I just used the Ron because that's what the article stated.

I'm curious about that too, Dean. I always call him Pinto Kenny, I just used the Ron because that's what the article stated.

I remember there was a big story about him, years ago, where they referred to Kenny as "Pinto Ron". It seems to have stuck. Or maybe it was a nickname before that article was written. There are some here who know him well. Perhaps they will fill us in.

I saw this article this morning while flipping through the MSN news feed. Buffalo made the top 15 football cities and Hammer's lot is mentioned!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/falltravel/americas-15-best-football-cities/ss-BBlHRf7#image=14

I wonder what their criteria was? Seems like it is just made up based on just one person's opinion with no basis whatsoever.

If the criteria was something along the lines of "cities most identified with an NFL team" I think Buffalo would rank higher. Seems that when I am out of state and get chatting with people and bring up Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills usually come up in conversation, even when making small talk.

I wonder what their criteria was? Seems like it is just made up based on just one person's opinion with no basis whatsoever.

If the criteria was something along the lines of "cities most identified with an NFL team" I think Buffalo would rank higher. Seems that when I am out of state and get chatting with people and bring up Buffalo, the Buffalo Bills usually come up in conversation, even when making small talk.

Their lists are always just made up crap. I just flip through the stories on MSN because it happens to be my internet home page on my work computer. The list wasn't the reason I posted the link though, I thought it was cool that they mentioned Hammer's lot.

A writer couldn't remember his name so he called him "Pinto Ron" in their article. That's all.

That's what I suspected. But then why is he continually referred to as "Pinto Ron" to this day. If it was just a mistake, a correction should have been issued and that's that---no?

I saw this article this morning while flipping through the MSN news feed. Buffalo made the top 15 football cities and Hammer's lot is mentioned!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/falltravel/americas-15-best-football-cities/ss-BBlHRf7#image=14

I contribute to Fador's in the writers' forums and Hammer's Lot and Kenny's Pinto were mentioned by me in notes on Buffalo's Ralph Wilson stadium including Hammer's webpage. I also mentioned the camper lot which is unique compared to a number of teams but that was not included. I did NOT write the excerpt however just provided references.

Edited by Koolaid

How long has Hammer's Lot been Hammer's Lot? My first memory of parking there was for that Raider's game with the -50 windchill. We pulled in, my friend got out of the car and the first thing she did was crack open an ice-hold beer. I still laugh at that - she could barely hold it with her mittens on and the rest of us were huddled around burn barrels trying to stay warm. Fun times.

How long has Hammer's Lot been Hammer's Lot? My first memory of parking there was for that Raider's game with the -50 windchill. We pulled in, my friend got out of the car and the first thing she did was crack open an ice-hold beer. I still laugh at that - she could barely hold it with her mittens on and the rest of us were huddled around burn barrels trying to stay warm. Fun times.

:lol: Every year the weather for that game gets worse.