Hammer's Lot Mentioned On MSN Travel!

:lol: Every year the weather for that game gets worse.

He wasn't exagerating by much. Coldest game in Bills history, January 15th, 1994. 0 degrees(only time in bills history temp was not above zero in a home game) & the wind chill was -32. The next coldest game was that same season December 23rd 1993 against the Jets. 2 degrees/-28 wind chill. I was home from college & took my dad to the game as his Christmas present that year. Yeah some Christmas present. We got to our seats, we were basically sitting on a snow mound, 5 minutes into the game he looked at me, I looked at him with 3 ice cycles hanging from his mustache & we both said at the same time "lets get the f*ck out of here." Went to Ilio Dipallos & had a nice late lunch/early dinner. Best call we made all day.

Edited by Gordio

He wasn't exagerating by much. Coldest game in Bills history, January 15th, 1994. 0 degrees(only time in bills history temp was not above zero in a home game) & the wind chill was -32. The next coldest game was that same season December 23rd 1993 against the Jets. 2 degrees/-28 wind chill. I was home from college & took my dad to the game as his Christmas present that year. Yeah some Christmas present. We got to our seats, we were basically sitting on a snow mound, 5 minutes into the game he looked at me, I looked at him with 3 ice cycles hanging from his mustache & we both said at the same time "lets get the f*ck out of here." Went to Ilio Dipallos & had a nice late lunch/early dinner. Best call we made all day.

I too went to that game with The Senator. I flew in from San Francisco for the pleasure. What I remember most about it (other than the drubbing the Bills put on the Raiders) was how warm it actually was in the stands, once that game got going. The fans were pumped, standing and screaming (I think the standing neutralized the wind factor)---I had to open my coat, I was sweating so much.

I certainty remember it being VERY cold in the parking lot while we performed a very-rushed tailgate. But as I said, the cold simply wasn't an issue during, or after, the game---at least for me.

I was at the December 23, 1994 game. The Bills and Jets were playing for home field playoff advantage, and were blacked out locally. We decided to go on game day morning and scored 40 yard line seats in the lower bowl. We froze to the bone. I am still glad I went, but never again when the wind chill is a negative number! I really like snow games though. :rolleyes:

Edited by rockpile

I too went to that game with The Senator. I flew in from San Francisco for the pleasure. What I remember most about it (other than the drubbing the Bills put on the Raiders) was how warm it actually was in the stands, once that game got going. The fans were pumped, standing and screaming (I think the standing neutralized the wind factor)---I had to open my coat, I was sweating so much.

I certainty remember it being VERY cold in the parking lot while we performed a very-rushed tailgate. But as I said, the cold simply wasn't an issue during, or after, the game---at least for me.

I had tickets to the raiders game as I was home from college. My friends & I decided to drink down in my parents basement while watching the game. Playoff game or not I wanted no part of being at the stadium for the Raiders game after attending that Jets game a few weeks earlier. Man did we get loaded that day too. If I recall it was an early Saturday afternoon game & we drank all day. Fun times.

I was at the December 23, 1994 game. The Bills and Jets were playing for home field playoff advantage, and were blacked out locally. We decided to go on game day morning and scored 40 yard line seats in the lower bowl. We froze to the bone. I am still glad I went, but never again when the wind chill is a negative number! I really like snow games though. :rolleyes:

Snow games are the best when the temps hovering in the 20's, when it gets down below 20 I can't go out there anymore. Usually give my seats away for those games. My have to change my way of thinking if they ever get a home playoff game again.