Shady Listed as Proable for Sunday vs. Cincinnati

26CornerBlitz

Two things: Hamstrings are super tricky. It can feel good then go. He needs to sit until he's pain free, then sit some more. He likely won't be right the entire season if he keeps playing. Sit him for a lot longer than necessary

The other issue is Williams. As good as he is, he's young and will get tired. The Bills need a real #3 because it ain't Boobie Dixon.

longer than necessary? makes no sense. How about just as long as necessary?

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Wish I was as confident as all of you but can't get there. I really like Karlos but worry about rookie mistakes. Not sure he's ready to carry the rock 25 times.

They'll go with the RBBC approach if Shady sits and attack the Giants via the pass where they are more vulnerable anyway.

Honestly, at this point I would rather see Shady sit 3 weeks and KNOW he's ready to roll than string it along. This team has too much talent to press one player into service at 70%. Heck, Percy could even fill in more than adequately at tailback in a pinch.

Honestly, at this point I would rather see Shady sit 3 weeks and KNOW he's ready to roll than string it along. This team has too much talent to press one player into service at 70%. Heck, Percy could even fill in more than adequately at tailback in a pinch.

What sucks is watching posters talk crap on him when he is clearly not 100 percent and is amazing when he IS

So yes.....I would like that as well....if that is what it took

Ugh. Wish I was as confident as all of you but can't get there. I really like Karlos but worry about rookie mistakes. Not sure he's ready to carry the rock 25 times.

To be fair, all you do is worry. And post links. But mostly, worry(and that's saying something with the volume of links posted)

not so sure about that.

If only we still had Fred Jackson.

As a pass blocker and outlook receiver I think Fred has a lot of value; not sure as a runner although certainly more than Bryce Brown who Bills kept for one week. Unfortunately the Bills need every dollar considering how much they spent (over spent?) in off-season.

not so sure about that.

Clay can run a little, block, and go fb.

The Bills need both Harvin and Clay in their current respective roles as the top threats at WR and TE.

Sit Sammy and Shady. Get them healthy, and we can use Karlos Williams, and Hogan as fillers for the Giants. The Giants may have won last week, but it was ugly against the Redskins who are horrible.

Their defense is pedestrian, and they don't ahve much of a running game. Eli likes to throw deep which plays into our attacking defense. When we get to the Bengals, and later the Patriots, we need a very healthy Watkins and McCoy. With a healthy tandem we can compete. Rex won't make the same mistake against the Pats again.

longer than necessary? makes no sense. How about just as long as necessary?

The tendency is to rush back and play through the hamstring. That doesn't work and turns a tear into a chronic injury. He will be pain free long before he should be playing. Once he's pain free, he should keep sitting. Hamstrings and groin pulls are two very tricky injuries in athletes. The athlete needs much much more rest than they think.

So my point is one of what most would feel is "necessary." This Rex Ryan "play him at 80%" idea is really stupid. That will just ensure the team never has a healthy McCoy, which in a team looking like a playoff contender is stupid.

Bills desperately need a backup to Williams at RB. Not sure if it's worth re-signing Brown but they have to get someone.

Edited by Observer