Positional Needs - After Game 3

Astrobot

I have to submit Bills' positional needs to DraftTek today. Here's what I'm thinking, but I value your input. TBD is the only place I go for input, BTW.

OFFENSE

QB=P4. Tyrod's looking downfield. He's 3rd in yards per attempt (9.15 ypa). He's accurate (3rd-most TDs, 4th comp%), efficient (4th in QBR).

RB=P9. Karlos is now 3rd as a runner, 4th in yds per attempt, has one TD is each game (first time in Bills history). Needs development as blocker (88th).

FB=P9 Felton helps in blocking immensely, saves wear and tear on RB (if McCoy gets healthy).

WRF=P9. Feature WRs. Bills have one of 3 youngest WR trios in NFL (Watkins, Woods, Harvin). Need to re-sign Harvin, though. Great depth, too.

WRS=P6. Speedy WRs. Harvin, Goodwin, Edelman, Landry types. Harvin was +2.4 Sunday and needs extension. Bills held Landry to -1.4, per PFF.

RT=P2; LT=P2; OC=P4. I'd feel better about OL if Cordy could improve run blocking and Henderson could be more consistent.

OG=P3. Incognito is #PFF's top-rated OG. John Miller was having best game when he went out with groin injury. He's already an above-avg run blocker.

TE=P6. Charles Clay's receiving has him ranked 11th right now, but has shown improvement each game. Now 2nd in broken tackles. Need depth late.

DEFENSE

DT, DE=P3. This position is the oldest on the club. 5 of the 8 oldest players are DL. Need to maintain strength in line. Positions can be 43 or 34, but versatile.

OLB=P4, ILB=P6. Bradham and Brown are great, Lawson, too. Hughes is #1 DE in pass coverage, a consideration in Rex's scheme. Need depth. Tarpley-Johnson-Steward are young guns who may work out.

FS=P6, SS=P3. Again, depth behind Aaron Williams and Corey Graham needs a look. I like Rambo, not Meeks or Duke as much.

CB=P3. Rex will take a CB earl every year. Darby is rated 10th in pass coverage after 3 games. Avg QBR (Luck, Brady, and Tanny) was 31.8. Gilmore good.

Run blocking needs work. Not OG though, as Incog is playing great, and we just drafted Miller and he's doing fine. OT would make sense.

K Williams and D Williams are getting old. Hate to say it but you can kind of already tell with Mario. We actually have pretty good backup DTs already. DE be prudent.

Depth behind Clay at TE and Brown/Bradham at LB is concerning.

Based on what we've seen so far you really have to bump QB down in priority.

DBs are looking excellent, but its smart to draft one every year.

Summary: I would recommend a priority list of: DE, OT, TE, LB, CB, DT, QB

I think our most outstanding needs are OT, C, S, & LB

This!

McCoy 11 rushes for 16 yards, and Dixon 5 rushes for -1 yards tells me where the upgrades are needed most. The most pressing need ATM is clearly at OT, and offensive center.

This week both Tyrod Taylor with his roll outs, and running ability. Along with Karlos Williams, and his power run game in the 4th quarter made that woeful offensive line look so much better then it is. What we don't know is if those tactics will work against every team as defenses will adapt to fit what the opposing offense is doing.

We can all now see the difference a top OG can make with Incognito at LG. Sadly its a five man line, and its only as good as its weakest link /s.

I can see the Bills being a serious super bowl contender with a few positions upgraded.

In order of priority, (of course I'd go BPA in this list, not just grab anyone there at a position)

DL

OL (center)

CB

Safety

WR (big WR)

RB (to replace boobie)

If we don't keep Incognito and Glenn then we are drafting online with most of our picks next year.

need to keep at least one of them. But I agree, we need another OL or two for sure.

For those of you who many not know, Astrobot is our very own Bills' "GM" on http://www.drafttek.com

They have an online Draft simulator that you can use to pull fantasy drafts - all day long. :lol:

Here's a link to the Positional Priority Codes some are wondering about: http://www.drafttek.com/Simulator/HelpMenu/helppri.html

Good job Dean! Keep it going. :thumbsup:

Edited by Nanker

Bills are in a great situation to go BPA and to draft for depth. The Bills needs as I see them:

C - Eric Wood slowing down, Urbik only backup

T - Will Glenn leave or stay?

S - Injury to AW is a concern

DL - Could always use another big body up front

RB - Need upgrade for Dixon

G - Need depth upgrade for Urbik

I am worried about depth in the linebacking corp and secondary. Kyle is getting up there in age and our OT play could be better.

I'd rank as such:

QB= P6

RB= P6

FB= P9

TE= P6

OT= P3

OG= P6

OC= P4

DE= P4

DT= P3

OLB= P4

ILB= P6

CB= P4

S = P2

K/P= P9

I would go P1 for safety, but I am of the belief that you never sell the farm for a safety.

I have to submit Bills' positional needs to DraftTek today. Here's what I'm thinking, but I value your input. TBD is the only place I go for input, BTW.

OFFENSE

QB=P4. Tyrod's looking downfield. He's 3rd in yards per attempt (9.15 ypa). He's accurate (3rd-most TDs, 4th comp%), efficient (4th in QBR).

RB=P9. Karlos is now 3rd as a runner, 4th in yds per attempt, has one TD is each game (first time in Bills history). Needs development as blocker (88th).

FB=P9 Felton helps in blocking immensely, saves wear and tear on RB (if McCoy gets healthy).

WRF=P9. Feature WRs. Bills have one of 3 youngest WR trios in NFL (Watkins, Woods, Harvin). Need to re-sign Harvin, though. Great depth, too.

WRS=P6. Speedy WRs. Harvin, Goodwin, Edelman, Landry types. Harvin was +2.4 Sunday and needs extension. Bills held Landry to -1.4, per PFF.

RT=P2; LT=P2; OC=P4. I'd feel better about OL if Cordy could improve run blocking and Henderson could be more consistent.

OG=P3. Incognito is #PFF's top-rated OG. John Miller was having best game when he went out with groin injury. He's already an above-avg run blocker.

TE=P6. Charles Clay's receiving has him ranked 11th right now, but has shown improvement each game. Now 2nd in broken tackles. Need depth late.

DEFENSE

DT, DE=P3. This position is the oldest on the club. 5 of the 8 oldest players are DL. Need to maintain strength in line. Positions can be 43 or 34, but versatile.

OLB=P4, ILB=P6. Bradham and Brown are great, Lawson, too. Hughes is #1 DE in pass coverage, a consideration in Rex's scheme. Need depth. Tarpley-Johnson-Steward are young guns who may work out.

FS=P6, SS=P3. Again, depth behind Aaron Williams and Corey Graham needs a look. I like Rambo, not Meeks or Duke as much.

CB=P3. Rex will take a CB earl every year. Darby is rated 10th in pass coverage after 3 games. Avg QBR (Luck, Brady, and Tanny) was 31.8. Gilmore good.

Below are my adjustments. I like most of what you did.

RB=P6 (preseason has me scared of RB's going down)

RT=P3, LT=P3, OC=P3 (Basically we take best linemen available)

OG=P4 (I am assuming Cog is resigned)

DE, DT=P4 (while we are old I don't see us "needing" starter level production)

OLB=P3 (I know we have some young guys that might pan out be I think this is a priority)

ILB=P5 (I like the P5 category and was surprised you didn't use it. Think its perfect here. After round 3 Whaley will draft a good no name LB; plus Powell comes back next year)

Agree with the rest particularly CB because I think Leo is gone

Edited by YattaOkasan

Judging by the loss to the Patriots, I think a Safety, or a Linebacker with excellent coverage skills would be nice, and of course O-linemen. After watching the Pats completely neutralize the D-line, I'm not convinced that it's a need. I like having a great D-line, but they attacked the LB's, and that will likely be where opponents will try to attack the rest of the season.