Houston radio host on Bills and their fans

I agree. I've lived in many areas and I strive to find the good in all of them. But just FYI, Houston has a lower violent crime rate than Buffalo according to FBI statistics. Also, by definition, Houston summers aren't unbearable because so many people are bearing them.

Staying inside from 9am to 8pm during the summer doesn't count as "bearing it", you are a prisoner in your own house pretty much.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather in the south blows. I lived down there for almost a decade.

When did everyone get together and objectively decide cold weather sucks? I love the winter.

And besides, it's a lot easier to warm up in the cold than it is to cool down in the heat.

And besides, it's a lot easier to warm up in the cold than it is to cool down in the heat.

that's exactly how i feel. you can put on more layers if you are cold but you can't take off more layers if you are hot (but attractive girls can certainly feel free to try)

I have heard and read worse. It's not particularly malicious. There is a kernel of truth there as it does seem like things have gotten drunker and rowdier in recent times at games. You could write a piece like this about any place. My company is based in Houston and I go there a lot. It has some nice areas and some really awful ones. And it is complete misery in the summer. We are constantly mocking that place whenever we discuss the home office. The major difference between a place like Buffalo and Houston is that people from Buffalo know that Buffalo has lots of problems and is not the greatest place on earth but we still love it anyways. People from Houston are delusional and really do think that city is the greatest place on earth.

I have heard and read worse. It's not particularly malicious. There is a kernel of truth there as it does seem like things have gotten drunker and rowdier in recent times at games. You could write a piece like this about any place. My company is based in Houston and I go there a lot. It has some nice areas and some really awful ones. And it is complete misery in the summer. We are constantly mocking that place whenever we discuss the home office. The major difference between a place like Buffalo and Houston is that people from Buffalo know that Buffalo has lots of problems and is not the greatest place on earth but we still love it anyways. People from Houston are delusional and really do think that city is the greatest place on earth.

Texans in general. They want to be their own country, fcol.

Texans in general. They want to be their own country, fcol.

And 49 states wish they were. Contrary to popular belief the US lost the war with Mexico; that war is like the NFL where you lose games to get a top 5 pick to draft a franchise QB - in this case Mexico deliberately lost to get rid of the Texans.

And 49 states wish they were. Contrary to popular belief the US lost the war with Mexico; that war is like the NFL where you lose games to get a top 5 pick to draft a franchise QB - in this case Mexico deliberately lost to get rid of the Texans.

heh...but they didn't get their "franchise QB", either. I feel bad for Mexico.

Staying inside from 9am to 8pm during the summer doesn't count as "bearing it", you are a prisoner in your own house pretty much.

This is correct. In the summer time, you do not see many people outside during midday in Houston. Many downtown buildings are connected by tunnels, and they are filled.

Ps - I got tired of the heat and moved to Pittsburgh a month ago.

Also, what do Jim Kelly, Steve Tasker and Thurman Thomas all have in common? Each one either lived or played in Houston at one point in time, and all now make their homes in Buffalo. 'nuf said.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

Exactly. All bearable.

Honestly, though, I think if you polled 1,000 Americans from all over the country, you'd get a higher percentage of people who prefer the hot/humid summer with mild/temperate winter over a moderately hot/humid summer and cold/wet winter.

Being from the northeast, we all have a bias, but I'm looking at this objectively.

Yeah...my bad.

I agree. Born & raised in WNY, I've lived in 11 states and choose Florida. I try to get back 'home' to Buffalo once a year -in the summer! Sold my snow shovel at our moving sale in '96 vowing to never own another. So far, so good! Gimme heat & humidity any day!

BTW, I'll be back again this year next month -got McCartney tix. Stones & Beatles in 3 months in WNY?? If the Bills win the SB, my bucket list is complete!