Did we underestimate the Jets?

xsoldier54

people need to calm down: i, and many other posters answering 'yes,' are not comparing the bills and the jets - i believe that the bills are better. the question was were the jets under-estimated. in the preseason i had the jets as a 5-win team, it looks like they will outperform that - hence, i underestimated them.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Cause Andrew Luck has no offense and Ryan Fitzpatrick is a noodle arm inacurate qb. No. I think Stevie Johnson said one time they ran a "pop gun" offense under Gailey and Fitz, last nights game displayed this. Their defense got alot of turnovers for Fitz and they could'nt score. Jets only scored 20 against the Colts 3rd and 4th secondary.

I would be a concerned with jets offense lack of talent depth and age. Decker injured last night mcl- acl. Their defense is good though.

I would be a concerned with jets offense lack of talent depth and age if i were a jet fan. Decker injured last night mcl- acl. Their defense is good though.

Did we? I don't know. Did I? Absolutely. The fact is, you have a front 4 like that (pretty much on par with ours), possibly the best CB in the league (especially in man) and another that is also an excellent man corner, you are going to get a lot of sacks and a lot of turnovers. The question is, is the offense just competent enough to take advantage? I'm starting to think they may be.

I think they will be very close to us in record at the end of the season, and the Fins will be 4th. I had the Fins and Jets both a distant 3 and 4 at the start of the season.

Edited by Mark80

Watching the MNF game last night and it is clear to me that the Jets D is for real. To me, our offense looks better, but that defense looked awfully good. Hoping the Bills can bounce back this weekend, but if they fall to 0-2 in the division, it will be a difficult hole to dig out of because it will be a tough task beating the Jets. If we lose this weekend and we also lose to the Jets, it could be another long season. I think our team is greatly improved, but Sunday showed me there is a long way to go, while the Jets, Pats and Fins all look pretty good. Thoughts?

It always amazes me when flawed, journeyman types like Fitz and Flutie change teams and then the league forgets how to defend them for the first few weeks with their new team.

There is a ton of tape on Fitz that proves he can't push the ball downfield with any kind of accuracy.........and yet early on with the Texans, and now the Jets, opposing defenses act like they've never seen the guy play before.

It always amazes me when flawed, journeyman types like Fitz and Flutie change teams and then the league forgets how to defend them for the first few weeks with their new team.

There is a ton of tape on Fitz that proves he can't push the ball downfield with any kind of accuracy.........and yet early on with the Texans, and now the Jets, opposing defenses act like they've never seen the guy play before.

he threw the ball well last night, and I was anything but a Fitz supporter when he was here.

he threw the ball well last night, and I was anything but a Fitz supporter when he was here.

If you relinquish the short game he will look good.

if you weren't a fan of his initial success under Chan then I don't know what to tell you because even opponents like Terrell Suggs were praising his game.

But MAKE him go downfield and he can't beat you.

In Buffalo.....and later last year in Houston....defenses eventually stopped respecting the deep ball and jumped his sh*t and that proximity to the LOS aided in run defense as well.

I got roasted by quite a few people when i said they would be good this year. You can always make noise with an elite defense.

I did not underestimate them, either.

They are tough, and will not be pushovers.

Still, I do not think they are a playoff team either.

Brandon Marshall is a good enough playmaker and Eric Decker is a good #2 WR. You could even make the argument that Chris Ivory is a good #1 running back. I just want to see how long they can go with Fitz. As much as I love his effort & heart, you know he'll have a game where those forced throws turn into INTs all day. He won't keep this up.

Well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

But what did the games and their opponents look like. Close losses to really good teams (for example Packers, Seahawks, Broncos, patriots, etc.) making them 0-2 isn't the same as 2 losses to the Bills and Jets where the team has struggled in almost all areas......

i believe it was at Denver and then MNF at home to Phil, where he ironically threw a pick 6 at the end of the game to lose it.