Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

The Steelers finish with the Bengals, Broncos, Ravens and Browns. Two tough games - including at the Bengals on a short week - and two easy ones. We should know if the Bills have a shot to pass them by the 20th. With any loss their Conf record will be the same as the Bills. No h2h obviously.

and the common opponent tiebreaker hinges on result of bengals game. They lost the first one but if they win the second, they get that tiebreaker I believe. The rest - KC, NE, Colts - were the same result for both.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and the common opponent tiebreaker hinges on result of bengals game. They lost the first one but if they win the second, they get that tiebreaker I believe. The rest - KC, NE, Colts - were the same result for both.

I modifyied my post to include this situation after I read your previous one. Yes, the Bills would pull ahead in the Conf tiebreaker if they go 3-1, including beating the Jets, and Pitt goes 2-2.

Edit: I'm not worrying about common opponents yet. In the WC tiebreaker it is applicable only after the division record tiebreaker.

Edited by BarleyNY

Houston/Indy are obviously in the mix, but the Bills have the h2h on both and they play each other in two weeks. I just don't see a WC team coming out of the AFCS. The Bills have plenty to do and plenty to worry about, but AFCS teams aren't on the first pages of those lists.

Once again that Chiefs game killed us (not to mention the Jags). We need to win out, plain and simple, and hope that the steelers lose one, and a conference game at that.

We can hope but I'm not that optimistic. This team doesn't look like it can run off 5 wins in a row. But it would be so fun for it to come down to the last game of the year.

The Chiefs game didn't kill us any more than any other loss really. The Jags is the one that looms large on the schedule as a team we are obviously better than and found a way to lose to. I still think the Giants game hurts as well.

The Chiefs game didn't kill us any more than any other loss really. The Jags is the one that looms large on the schedule as a team we are obviously better than and found a way to lose to. I still think the Giants game hurts as well.

I'd swap any win (save Jets, Houston) with the KC loss. That tiebreaker is a killer.

I'd swap any win (save Jets, Houston) with the KC loss. That tiebreaker is a killer.

It really isn't that big. KC are winning out. They will be in regardless. The win would have given us an extra win which would help obviously as would a win in any of our other losses and I suppose the tiebreak with them might have given us a better shot at the 5th spot..... but Houston was always the bigger game. KC was always headed for a wildcard even if we had beaten them last week.