Wild Card Race and Intel on Teams in the Hunt

BuffaloBaumer

Adding teams to cheer against each week makes it interesting to me so there's that....

You don't play FF do you? :lol: If you did that would give you all of the necessary extracurricular rooting you would need, negative or otherwise. :thumbsup:

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically this thread right now will be about every single AFC team right now since every team has a chance at a wild card spot?

I'm guessing last season Pats fans were discussing who to take at #1 this time last year after their start?

My god, the bills are 1-1 after 2 weeks playing against the AFCs final 2 teams from last year and we are already hoping for wild card at best?

Since we pretty much know the Pats are going to run away with another division title, let's keep track of the teams that we need to keep pace with to get that playoff spot. We don't necessarily have to list all the standings but maybe news about teams that are better than we thought (Cinci for me) or the teams that or not playing that well (Ravens).

Right now, the teams I feel will be in the race are Pitt/Baltimore/Cinci and San Diego/Denver

So you're saying just because the Bills lost yesterday that it automatically means the Pats will beat the Bills again later on in the season and they should already be crowned division champs? I think it is way too premature for that.

So basically this thread right now will be about every single AFC team right now since every team has a chance at a wild card spot?

I'm guessing last season Pats fans were discussing who to take at #1 this time last year after their start?

My god, the bills are 1-1 after 2 weeks playing against the AFCs final 2 teams from last year and we are already hoping for wild card at best?

Well if you really think the Jaguars, Jets and such have shots at Wild Card, then yes, I suppose you would include everyone. I don't view those types of teams as Wild Card threats......

Perfect example of what I am talking about......Cinci goes to Baltimore next week. In my opinion, I am hoping Cinci wins so the Ravens go 0-3. We play Cinci so hopefully we take care of business on our end.

I like this thread but I disagree with this point. I'd prefer Baltimore to win to bring cincy down a notch. Also want Packers to beat KC, Philly to take down the jets and Minny to beat the Chargers. Those things happen along with us beating Miami and that will be a very good week to help us advance

Well if you really think the Jaguars, Jets and such have shots at Wild Card, then yes, I suppose you would include everyone. I don't view those types of teams as Wild Card threats......

So you have always root for the NFC, and root for the jags, jets and pats, roughly so far?

Edited by NoSaint

Well, I Iike the fact that the Ravens have a foot on their throat (especially with the Big Ben injury). I didn't see an ounce of the Chargers game but wow, they certainly don't sound like they are clicking. I think Denver is going to take that division again and I have no doubt there is no Wild Card coming out of the AFC South. The Jets came crashing down to earth and they still have not played anyone decent. We'll see what what KC has tonight but man, the playoffs in the AFC are really starting to look like a REAL possibility. If you think it's too early to talk about this, then I guess you shouldn't have opened up the thread. Bottom line is that it's been waaaayyyyy too long where I actually started believing that playoffs were an option and I have no problem talking about it as much as possible.

Well, I Iike the fact that the Ravens have a foot on their throat (especially with the Big Ben injury). I didn't see an ounce of the Chargers game but wow, they certainly don't sound like they are clicking. I think Denver is going to take that division again and I have no doubt there is no Wild Card coming out of the AFC South. The Jets came crashing down to earth and they still have not played anyone decent. We'll see what what KC has tonight but man, the playoffs in the AFC are really starting to look like a REAL possibility. If you think it's too early to talk about this, then I guess you shouldn't have opened up the thread. Bottom line is that it's been waaaayyyyy too long where I actually started believing that playoffs were an option and I have no problem talking about it as much as possible.

Chargers made a big comeback against Detroit. They were marching late when Stevie Johnson tipped an easy pass in the air and it turned into a pick 6. I think they will be a wildcard contender for sure. Look for 3 teams out of that division. The KC game will be huge (again).

Chargers made a big comeback against Detroit. They were marching late when Stevie Johnson tipped an easy pass in the air and it turned into a pick 6. I think they will be a wildcard contender for sure. Look for 3 teams out of that division. The KC game will be huge (again).

Yup, I still think San Diego has a good shot at making a run....

Perfect example of what I am talking about......Cinci goes to Baltimore next week. In my opinion, I am hoping Cinci wins so the Ravens go 0-3. We play Cinci so hopefully we take care of business on our end.

so you are counting on other theam helping the Bills and not the Bills themselves earning a spot?

Right now the Jets and Chargers have an advantage over us in the tie breakers because of their losses to Philly and Minny. A loss this week to the Giants would even things out and could help in the long run, especially against the Chargers. The Jets we will play head to head.

Right now the Jets and Chargers have an advantage over us in the tie breakers because of their losses to Philly and Minny. A loss this week to the Giants would even things out and could help in the long run, especially against the Chargers. The Jets we will play head to head.

Wouldn't a win over the Giants be the better scenario?

Wouldn't a win over the Giants be the better scenario?

It's really early in the season so it is hard to say either way. We still have losable games against Dal, Was, and Phi that could help us in a tie breaker scenario. If this game were week 11 or 12 it might be more clear. Personally I agree with those saying it is too early to discuss the wild card and I don't think we should just give up on the division either.

It's really early in the season so it is hard to say either way. We still have losable games against Dal, Was, and Phi that could help us in a tie breaker scenario. If this game were week 11 or 12 it might be more clear. Personally I agree with those saying it is too early to discuss the wild card and I don't think we should just give up on the division either.

Right, but wins in all of those games help more in any situation. It's way to early to call anything a good loss. If we win out and go 15-1 then tie breaker scenarios are pretty unlikely!