Taylor Review

Thurmal34

You are good poster Kirby, but I'm embarrassed for you with this comment.

Again I ask, what does Taylor's play yesterday have to do with any other QB on this roster? Why would you even bring that up?

Pathetic.

Embarrassed for me? Please re-read this thread and see how many people reference what a certain other QB would do with the same opportunity.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try to look past his four touchdowns to evaluate your take......

naaaa.....cant do it

If you watched the game and not just look at stats, TT and the online sucked today. That's all the op said. You act like your evaluation on his take is important. Go ahead and look past the 4 tds, you might actually see what the op was talking about.If you can't see they played pretty bad most of the game, your evaluation means squat.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

Keep in mind it's only his second start so there's going to be some growing pains to go along with his 3 passing TD's and 1 rushing TD vs the defending champs.

What? Ok im not a bills fan but really? Manual in that game yesterday the score is 40-13 or worse because he throws a pick 6 under that pressure. EJ not terrible but the pressure the Pats had yesterday he would have gotten rattled.

Manuel would have torched your horrid secondary. There's a good chance we'll see who's right the next time they play the Pats.

Embarrassed for me? Please re-read this thread and see how many people reference what a certain other QB would do with the same opportunity

Yeah, like 1, maybe 2.

Hardly a "certain segment". One can criticize Taylor's poor play without having an agenda. No need to be so defensive. Taylor was poor yesterday. His play didn't improve until the Bills were down by three TDs.It's just the way it is. He needs to be better than he was yesterday if the Bills want to compete this year.

You are in denial.

I don't think that I am the one in denial at all. If you are to take what he has done through 2 games and extrapolate it out here is what you are looking at:

75.5% completion

3,500 yards

32 TD passes

24 INT

336 rushing yards

8 rushing TDs

103.9 rating

57.5 QBR

Now some of those are high INT, completion percentage and rushing TDs. Those numbers will put him in the top half of the league. Everyone was in agreement before the season that if we go QB play in the top half of the league we would be Super Bowl contenders. We are getting that right now and got trashed yesterday. When you give up 470 yards in the air your QB isn't the reason that you lost.

Yeah, like 1, maybe 2.

Hardly a "certain segment". One can criticize Taylor's poor play without having an agenda. No need to be so defensive. Taylor was poor yesterday. His play didn't improve until the Bills were down by three TDs.It's just the way it is. He needs to be better than he was yesterday if the Bills want to compete this year.

I didn't say that he was good (did do some good and some bad) but he is not the reason that game looked like it did. They gave up 470 passing yards!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Manuel would have torched your horrid secondary. There's a good chance we'll see who's right the next time they play the Pats.

The last time he played the Pats* he threw for 150 yards and we put up 21 points. We really need to stop making up imaginary stats for players that aren't dressing for the games.

Sadly he may be right as the staff has attached itself to him

Which explains why Rex is now with his second team. Rex may have gotten away with not caring about having a great offense in the NYC area, where there are about a hundred professional teams, but Buffalo is all about the Buffalo Bills and he won't be able to joke his way out of playing Taylor if he isn't getting the job done.

Two of the INTs were 2 minute drills before the half and at the end of the game. You have to take chances there.

Yes, those situations mean you may have to take chances. Final INT was just a crap throw and a poor decision . It was first down. No need to force that ball and he sailed it. Your QB has to know the game situation. The time on the clock and the down did not call for a desperation throw.

The last time he played the Pats* he threw for 150 yards and we put up 21 points. We really need to stop making up imaginary stats for players that aren't dressing for the games.

I'm going by what I saw in the preseason games. It's merely an opinion just as that Pats fan had.

So we're back to blaming poor QB play on "play calling." Look, I get it, we want Taylor to be good. Yesterday, he wasn't. He wasn't even close to being good for the majority of the game.

The Bills got into a huge hole yesterday primarily because of three things: Horrible discipline on ST, a D that gave up play after play in the passing game and poor QB play. TT was indecisive and looked confused for much of the day. He held the ball to long. He was inaccurate on many of his passes. But, he's young and I'd stick with him for the foreseeable future because everybody has clunkers, particularly against Belichick. Hopefully TT will learn from his mistakes but to defend his play yesterday is the definition of being a homer. One can think he played poorly and still think he can turn into a good QB. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

smh

It's one game. Let's just relax. I didn't expect the bills to go 16-0 and also didn't expect TT to be light out each game. We lost to the best team in the league and reigning super bowl champs****

TT had good plays and bad plays - what more is there to say than lets regroup and beat Miami.

SQUISH THE FISH!!!

So we're back to blaming poor QB play on "play calling." Look, I get it, we want Taylor to be good. Yesterday, he wasn't. He wasn't even close to being good for the majority of the game.

The Bills got into a huge hole yesterday primarily because of three things: Horrible discipline on ST, a D that gave up play after play in the passing game and poor QB play. TT was indecisive and looked confused for much of the day. He held the ball to long. He was inaccurate on many of his passes. But, he's young and I'd stick with him for the foreseeable future because everybody has clunkers, particularly against Belichick. Hopefully TT will learn from his mistakes but to defend his play yesterday is the definition of being a homer. One can think he played poorly and still think he can turn into a good QB. These things aren't mutually exclusive.

Taylor was HIGH a lot, as for holding the ball to long, I may be wrong but most times he went back to pass he didnt have a lot of time to throw and was force to check down quickly or he got sacked. Heck I think he got hit on almost every passing play.

Yeah, like 1, maybe 2.

Right. He was pretty average all day, and below average others. When the guy on the other side of the field is way above average and the D is ineffective, then yes QB might be a reason you lost. He needed to be better yesterday. Especially when the game was still close and we had good drive starts that went nowhere. That's when the game was lost. It was clear we would have to match TDs with the Pats and the O was not up to the challenge. A lot of that goes on the QB, like it or not.

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

Why did you change the subject: line? The original was so much more appropriate.

As for anything else I already said it: http://forums.twobil...band/?p=3692136

If the defense could have made a stop of that last series instead of letting NE march down the field wasting clock and kicking a FG, Tyrod may have actually won this game by putting the team on his back....

That said he didn't play well until the 4th.

Heh, If the D could have made a stop on a number of series, we might not have needed to make that last TD. You're right about that stop, but that was only the last drive of the day.

On the "didn't play well until the 4th" I think you're missing something. After the first series, the Pats started stacking the box. Our coaches really did not have a good counter for this. Taylor is what he was chosen to be: an inexperienced QB who is not supposed to carry the team on his arm. Fair enough Rex and Co, but then don't have a game plan that consists of 1) run until you can't 2) expect Taylor to carry the team on his arm. I haven't watched the all 22 yet, but when I do I expect to see disguised coverages in the 2ndary designed to make a game-inexperienced QB question what he sees. That is Belichek's trademark with young QB. As the game wore on, 2 things happened: 1) Taylor started figuring it out and regaining confidence 2) in response, the Pats backed guys off the line and we could run again.

Edited by Hopeful

He doesn't see or throw well from the pocket over the middle. It's not just passing , its pass rush too... most of the sacks and the fumbles came from pressure up the middle. I don't see that changing. If he drops back it better be way back to help him see and get more time to react to pressure. Imo he's a read-option QB, not the scheme I'd prefer but that's his best chance. Rg3 made it work as a rookie and I think TT has comparable talent.

Edited by JTSP

Taylor played the total opposite from what he did vs. the Colts, but his performance against the Pats doesn't change my mind on wether or not he is good! I think the guy who said he'd look past his 4 touchdowns was right! For God's sakes, Taylor almost brought the team back for the win! With all the mistakes made around the board, it's a wonder the Bills scored any points!!!! Poor discipline killed this team!