Week 3: Dolphins' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richie Incognito: "It's a Normal Game Week" (6:09)

The Bills offensive lineman talks about returning to Miami to play his former teammates for the first time.

Stephon Gilmore: "Got to be Ready to Make Plays" (3:18)

The Bills cornerback talks about facing Jarvis Landry this week, how to prepare for the Dolphins new additions on offense, and competing against Ryan Tannehill.

Watch: Two Minute Drill with Aaron Williams (2:19)
Bills Safety Aaron Williams quizzes Defensive Tackle Marcell Dareus with twitter questions in this episode of #AaronAsks.

1-on-1 With Kelvin Sheppard (6:09)
Dolphins LB Kelvin Sheppard speaks with Greg Likens of The Finsiders to discuss his thoughts after Monday's film review of the game against Jacksonville. Also, get Sheppard's comments on Sunday's home opener against the Buffalo Bills, the team that drafted Sheppard.

Coach Philbin Show: Jaguars Game Recap (7:37)
In this week's edition of The Coach Philbin Show, Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin reviews many of the critical elements of Sunday's game in Jacksonville. Watch for Philbin's analysis of Ryan Tannehill's performance and the emergence of Rishard Matthews in the passing game.

@BuffaloBillsPR

The @buffalobills currently have the #3 overall rushing attack in the @NFL with 153.5 yards per game on the ground.

Watkins: offense has to grow together
The Bills offense has a lot of new pieces in their starting 11 this season, including their quarterback Tyrod Taylor. Fitting all of those pieces together to become a consistent scoring unit is something Buffalo’s players are working on. Sammy Watkins says they’re working hard, but that it will take a little time.

Woods likes when offense moves fast

No one knows if it will be recipe moving forward for Buffalo’s offense, but WR Robert Woods was encouraged by what they were able to execute in the fourth quarter of last Sunday’s game.

6 things to focus on in this week's Bills-Dolphins matchup

The practice week is underway and the Bills have turned the page, already looking at the Miami Dolphins matchup this Sunday. Here’s an early look at some storylines to follow heading into the game.

Sammy Watkins: "We have to be more consistent" (2:53)

Bills WR Sammy Watkins talks about the need to be more consistent on offense, the confidence gained from the second half against the Patriots, and how the heat & humidity will affect them this Sunday in Miami.

I mean, it could be the worst comment I have ever seen. Which QB who is better than Tom Brady should we have signed?

NFL personnel men are idiots - it's so simple, just sign a QB that can outduel Tom Brady. Duh.

:facepalm: :beer:

@JaySkurski

BN Blitz: #Bills players already prepping for Miami's weather conditions http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/22/players-already-prepping-for-miamis-weather-conditions/

Sun 09/27  |  4:25 PM EDT | Sun Life Stadium | 87° Scattered Thunderstorms Late | WIND: E 7MPH | DirecTV CHANNEL 716

NFL Sunday Ticket Week 3

Coach Philbin Show: Bills Preview (3:29)

In the second part of this week's Coach Philbin Show, the coach discusses Sunday's home opener with the Buffalo Bills. Watch as Philbin shares insight on his message to the players for the upcoming week.

Bills vs. Dolphins preview (1:32)

The "Around the NFL" crew discusses whether or not the Bills defense can get back on track as they take on the Miami Dolphins in Week 3.

@SalSports

Bills NFL offensive ranks:

Pts/gm 4th (29.5)

Yards/gm 15th (345.5)

Yards/play 8th (5.76)

Rush yds/gm 3rd (153.5)

Rush yds/play 2nd (4.87)

Bills NFL defensive ranks:

Pts/gm 24th (27)

Yards/gm 28th (405.5)

Yards/play 20th (563)

Rush yds/gm 2nd (60)

Rush yds/play 12th (375)...

...more Bills defensive ranks:

Passing yards/game: 21st (645.5)

Passing yards/play: 12th (6.40)

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Okay, I spent some time thinking about the match-ups for this week, and here's my approach to the defensive philosophy this week....

I'm not terribly worried about the run game, as I think Buffalo has shown that they can contain it, so I'm going to focus more on the passing game.

So far, through 2 weeks, here's the snap counts for Miami's WRs (per Football Outsiders):

Player---Team---Snaps---Off. Snap---O. Snap %

14-J.Landry MIA WR 124 114 91.2% 18-R.Matthews MIA WR 106 98 78.4% 85-G.Jennings MIA WR 78 78 62.4% 10-K.Stills MIA WR 58 58 46.4% 11-D.Parker MIA WR 18 18 14.4% 83-M.Hazel MIA WR 0 0 0.0%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

So it appears that Landry is the #1, followed by Rishard Matthews, Greg Jennings, and Kenny Stills, respectively. I expect, however, that DeVante Parker will start to see his snap count increase this week given that he saw 17 snaps in week 2 after seeing only 1 in week 1.

Match-up-wise, then, I would approach it as follows:

- Match Darby on Landry. Landry is short-area quickness guy that moves the chains; the exact kind of guy that Darby can cover. I've liked his play a lot through 2 weeks, so I think this is a match-up he can win.

- Gilmore plays the other boundary. Regardless of whether it's Matthews, Jennings, or Stills, this is where I want Gilmore. Take away the big-play threat. The only exception here is if Parker is on the field, then that's where Gilmore goes. He's the guy you want opposing the big, physical WR.

- Robey, as always, is the slot option at CB. I'm thinking that most of his matches will be with Kenny Stills, which is a bit concerning given that he got burnt by Stills twice in NO 2 years ago. Then again, this isn't the Superdome, and we aren't playing against Drew Brees (and we don't have Three-and-out Lewis at QB).

- Graham takes man coverage against the TE, leaving Rambo as the Cover-1 safety.

Any thoughts?

From Vic Carucci:

Bills head coach Rex Ryan will have his weekly Wednesday media session at 10:45 a.m., which is followed by the team's practice at 11:45; players' media sessions will follow practice.

@AdamBenigni

Take 2: #Bills vs. #Dolphins breakdown with @viccarucci @wgrz @TBNSports http://www.wgrz.com/story/sports/nfl/bills/2015/09/22/buffalo-bills-miami-dolphins-take-2/72661184/

CPl4a5LUcAA1p0Q.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz