The Aaron Williams update thread

Just Jack

no - i was watching on tv. the description you gave was of a bench that wasn't displaying the usual concern teams usually do during these injury timeouts. my thought is, they didn't think it was that serious.

That might be the case for the first five minutes or less. After a while, everybody at the stadium (and the Patriots were) got a sense that this was serious. Then you see a gurney.

When an ambulances comes straight down the middle of the field, that's kind of the clincher.

I'm not really referring to the guys on the bench so much, as the guys on the field who were there to kick the extra point.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They weren't? I could have sworn AW was on the Bills side of the field.

Yeah, and there were at least 11 of them standing on the field waiting to kick an extra point.

How many of you got on a knee and started praying?

I haven't seen anybody judge them. A question was asked and two of us answered. And, a bunch of people who watched on TV are judging us.

I haven't seen anybody judge them. A question was asked and two of us answered. And, a bunch of people who watched on TV are judging us.

if you're including me in the "bunch of people who watched on TV are judging us", you misunderstand my remarks. you did a good job describing what you saw transpire and commented that the Patriot players didn't respond as teammates and opponents alike, usually respond to players seriously injured during the course of play. all i suggested was that maybe the Patriots didn't think he was seriously injured.

i know i didn't. the TV cameras were over him - and the TV audience got to watch him moving his extremities, grimacing a bit, and lifting his head and shoulders off the turf as he was being checked out. i certainly didn't think this was Kevin Everett serious. i thought Williams had the wind knocked out of him, and would eventually be helped to the bench.

this is what it looked like on TV..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000534408/Patriots-Tom-Brady-finds-Julian-Edelman-for-22-yard-TD

Edited by BackInDaDay

How many of you got on a knee and started praying?

i once dislocated both shoulders - during a pick up game the day before my wife and i were taking our kids to Disney World..

each time, a teammate helped bang them back in place, and believe me.. i was praying my wife didn't find out! ;)

if you're including me in the "bunch of people who watched on TV are judging us", you misunderstand my remarks. you did a good job describing what you saw transpire and commented that the Patriot players didn't respond as teammates and opponents alike, usually respond to players seriously injured during the course of play. all i suggested was that maybe the Patriots didn't think he was seriously injured.

i know i didn't. the TV cameras were over him - and the TV audience got to watch him moving his extremities, grimacing a bit, and lifting his head and shoulders off the turf as he was being checked out. i certainly didn't think this was Kevin Everett serious. i thought Williams had the wind knocked out of him, and would eventually be helped to the bench.

this is what it looked like on TV..

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000534408/Patriots-Tom-Brady-finds-Julian-Edelman-for-22-yard-TD

I did include you in that group, because you said "maybe they didn't think he was seriously injured.. was he?" I figured the was he? was a sarcastic remark because we knew by that time that he wasn't.

But, you definitely understand what I'm saying, from this post.

IMO, CBF asked his question out of curiosity, because we've all seen the way this normally goes. If it's a very long injury delay, then a gurney, then an ambulance, you then see both teams showing their concern, praying, etc. Then, the TV guys say something like "they might be competing, but when something like this happens, they show their brotherhood" or whatever. CBF didn't see that and just asked if the Pats the opposing team normally does. And, then somehow gets called a troll. (Not by you. You were just questioning me)

Here's how it played out from my vantage point, behind the Pats bench. First nobody knew there was an injury. Then a few minutes goes by and you're wondering why aren't they kicking the extra point. Then, you finally see that somebody's hurt, and when it's that many people around and it's taking this long, you know it's serious. Then you hear it's Aaron Williams.

More and more time goes by, and the Bills players on the field take a knee, guys on the bench and Rex come over to AW. They finally get told to get away, you can tell, so it seems super serious from our vantage point (and the Pats)

The sinking feeling of an ambulance coming out the tunnel and going straight down the middle of the field happens.

Your TV link shows that the Pats had no idea anybody was hurt right after the score, but by now, everybody in the stadium does. I did notice that the Pats did not join the Bills, like usual. Not one player went over to AW, etc.

I looked at Belichick and he was just doing his normal pacing at midfield. I was wondering what's going through his head. How many times has he seen this in his career, etc. and now is it just the cost of doing business?............Does he have any humanity or is he only thinking about the next series?

I did include you in that group, because you said "maybe they didn't think he was seriously injured.. was he?" I figured the was he? was a sarcastic remark because we knew by that time that he wasn't.

But, you definitely understand what I'm saying, from this post.

IMO, CBF asked his question out of curiosity, because we've all seen the way this normally goes. If it's a very long injury delay, then a gurney, then an ambulance, you then see both teams showing their concern, praying, etc. Then, the TV guys say something like "they might be competing, but when something like this happens, they show their brotherhood" or whatever. CBF didn't see that and just asked if the Pats the opposing team normally does. And, then somehow gets called a troll. (Not by you. You were just questioning me)

Here's how it played out from my vantage point, behind the Pats bench. First nobody knew there was an injury. Then a few minutes goes by and you're wondering why aren't they kicking the extra point. Then, you finally see that somebody's hurt, and when it's that many people around and it's taking this long, you know it's serious. Then you hear it's Aaron Williams.

More and more time goes by, and the Bills players on the field take a knee, guys on the bench and Rex come over to AW. They finally get told to get away, you can tell, so it seems super serious from our vantage point (and the Pats)

The sinking feeling of an ambulance coming out the tunnel and going straight down the middle of the field happens.

Your TV link shows that the Pats had no idea anybody was hurt right after the score, but by now, everybody in the stadium does. I did notice that the Pats did not join the Bills, like usual. Not one player went over to AW, etc.

I looked at Belichick and he was just doing his normal pacing at midfield. I was wondering what's going through his head. How many times has he seen this in his career, etc. and now is it just the cost of doing business?............Does he have any humanity or is he only thinking about the next series?

fair enough, bbb.

@RQUINN619: Great play by Aaron Williams ripping the ball away from Chandler on fade https://t.co/b2xkKrGZCj

this is a true story. i'm sitting right there first row at the front pylon. it was a TD and he ripped it out of his hand at the last moment. the play before they ran the slant and Chandler dropped it (pass was a tad high but in a place only Chandler could catch it). next play he faked the slant and did the fade to the corner and AW was beat but recovered and played the ball well. it was definitely the Pats being cocky and trying to get Chandler a TD to rub it in. great play

this is a true story. i'm sitting right there first row at the front pylon. it was a TD and he ripped it out of his hand at the last moment. the play before they ran the slant and Chandler dropped it (pass was a tad high but in a place only Chandler could catch it). next play he faked the slant and did the fade to the corner and AW was beat but recovered and played the ball well. it was definitely the Pats being cocky and trying to get Chandler a TD to rub it in. great play

Yea, it was nice to see Chandler be Mr. Non-clutch for the Pats instead of us.

Telling you right now....we are going to miss Aaron WIlliams in the lineup

Telling you right now....we are going to miss Aaron WIlliams in the lineup

oh hell yes we are. and that's not sentimental from me.

Kid makes mistakes still but boy he sure can ball. He could work on his self discipline, hell so can I , but he sure can play safety.

Edited by 3rdand12

I was in section 107 row 2 and this play happened right in front of us. Awesome play by AW and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

I was in section 107 row 2 and this play happened right in front of us. Awesome play by AW and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

you were right next to us then. i was the guy in the mccoy jersey and slicked hair and sunglasses to your right in 106 row 1. bunch of idiot Pats fans around us, wish we could have played better to shut them up! Brady can't play forever. they were a bad team before and they will be bad again. Pats fans need to learn some humility