The Aaron Williams update thread

Just Jack

i won't be shocked if he's active for Miami - he's not the only guy in the locker room who's stiff and sore

He should be able to suit up without practice, should his health allow. Which is a positive for his odds. But who knows what the health situation is.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RQUINN619: Great play by Aaron Williams ripping the ball away from Chandler on fade https://t.co/b2xkKrGZCj

When Brady threw those 2 straight endzone passes to Chandler vs. AW, I thought, wow, he's really trying to embarrass Williams because of Williams' stupid trashtalking at Chandler on that XP. I wouldn't put it past Brady - he likes to put the dagger in, and I think they were all pissed off by Williams' constant jawing. Williams made a nice play, but Chandler probably should have caught the first one (although it wasn't a perfect pass).

When Brady threw those 2 straight endzone passes to Chandler vs. AW, I thought, wow, he's really trying to embarrass Williams because of Williams' stupid trashtalking at Chandler on that XP. I wouldn't put it past Brady - he likes to put the dagger in, and I think they were all pissed off by Williams' constant jawing. Williams made a nice play, but Chandler probably should have caught the first one (although it wasn't a perfect pass).

Classic Brady, though I assumed it was more of a F-U to the Bills & fans in general. It would be nice if that kind of thing came back to haunt him once in a while.

From the Joe B piece on Rex's Monday presser:

1) Aaron Williams a “stretch” to play

- In a scary moment at Ralph Wilson Stadium, starting safety Aaron Williams had to be put on a stretcher, and driven off the field in an ambulance. They were examining his neck back at the hospital, but thankfully, Williams was released from the hospital later that day. Now with the knowledge that Williams is, in fact, not facing any serious injuries, the next question is when he’ll be eligible to return to the lineup? Ryan said at the press conference that it’s a “stretch” to think that Williams could play in the upcoming matchup with the Miami Dolphins, but that it was still too early to tell. It remains to be seen who the Bills turn to if Williams can’t start, but it’s more likely than not to be Bacarri Rambo.

I don't know why that poster is getting beat up on. I was at the game and it did strike me how uninterested the Patriots players seemed to be about AW's injury. I didn't see a single Patriots player walk over to see how he was doing or pray for him or even look like they cared a wit about it. Usually the opposing team acts a bit more concerned. Although perhaps it's because the injury happened so far away from the Patriots' bench (and many of the fans and players didn't even know it had happened).

I'm just reading through today's posts on this thread, and don't understand this, either.

I was at the game, sit behind the Pats bench, and the reason these guys didn't see cameras on Pats praying or looking the least bit concerned is because they weren't - they may have been concerned, but they were just milling about, the kicker (no way I'm trying to spell that) took about 100 practice swings, Belichick just walked back and forth like he always does around the 50.

It was not the usual scene you see when somebody is in this type of situation. I'm not calling out the Patriots. I am saying it was unusual. We've all seen on how this usually looks, and that was not the case.

I'm just reading through today's posts on this thread, and don't understand this, either.

I was at the game, sit behind the Pats bench, and the reason these guys didn't see cameras on Pats praying or looking the least bit concerned is because they weren't - they may have been concerned, but they were just milling about, the kicker (no way I'm trying to spell that) took about 100 practice swings, Belichick just walked back and forth like he always does around the 50.

It was not the usual scene you see when somebody is in this type of situation. I'm not calling out the Patriots. I am saying it was unusual. We've all seen on how this usually looks, and that was not the case.

The usual scene is a guy going down in the middle of the field during an ongoing drive, with players from both teams standing right there. Guys from the sidelines don't usually come onto the field in those situations.

On the play in question, NE scored a TD and naturally all ran to their sideline before anyone realized AW was hurt. AW was lying out of bounds on the Bills side of the end zone so not sure what people would expect to see from BB and the NE team when they were 70 yards away from the scene.

The usual scene is a guy going down in the middle of the field during an ongoing drive, with players from both teams standing right there. Guys from the sidelines don't usually come onto the field in those situations.

On the play in question, NE scored a TD and naturally all ran to their sideline before anyone realized AW was hurt. AW was lying out of bounds on the Bills side of the end zone so not sure what people would expect to see from BB and the NE team when they were 70 yards away from the scene.

They weren't 70 yards from the scene.

maybe they didn't think he was seriously injured..

was he?

This is complete conjecture, but maybe they were showing displeasure with his "I don't like the Patriots" comments from last week.

no - i was watching on tv. the description you gave was of a bench that wasn't displaying the usual concern teams usually do during these injury timeouts. my thought is, they didn't think it was that serious.

They took 20 minutes to put him in a full-body stabilizer. An ambulance came right away. The Bills players were all praying in a circle, led by Rex. The Patriots were milling about, talking, and taking warmup kicks.