JPP's hand

YoloinOhio

Had a firework go off in my hand once. Small one, a ladyfinger or something like that, with about a three-second fuse. I was holding it between my fingers, and lit it. The fuse burned in about a half-second, I never even had time to turn and throw it.

That taught me to never trust fireworks. Or fuses in general. (Cheap lesson at the price, since all it caused me was singed fingertips.)

Had a firework go off in my hand once. Small one, a ladyfinger or something like that, with about a three-second fuse. I was holding it between my fingers, and lit it. The fuse burned in about a half-second, I never even had time to turn and throw it.

That taught me to never trust fireworks. Or fuses in general. (Cheap lesson at the price, since all it caused me was singed fingertips.)

Same thing happened to me. Sucker stung like anything but luckily no damage.

Same here. Happened to me when I was little.

Big freaking deal. Missing fingers are nothing. My old man is missing his thumb and index finger, and he swings a hammer for a living, and still writes with that hand.

As long as there's no pain, JPP will be able to play football.

I think it's a huge deal. Swinging a 22 oz framing hammer is light years different than playing defensive end in the NFL. 2x4s don't fight back like, say, Joe Thomas. DEs grab OTs jerseys and wrists almost every play. Hand fighting is a huge part of their game. Plus then there's tackling. He's likely done. He sure won't get his franchise deal. Someone (like the Giants) might sign him on the cheap, with incentives, but his big payday is gone.