Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I am conflicted. I love how the Sabres have been playing, and see great things on the horizon. But part of me wishes the Sabres to lose just enough to finish in the bottom 5. They are so close. Adding another young blue chip player to add to Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, ROR.....it could be the foundation the next 10 years

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am conflicted. I love how the Sabres have been playing, and see great things on the horizon. But part of me wishes the Sabres to lose just enough to finish in the bottom 5. They are so close. Adding another young blue chip player to add to Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, ROR.....it could be the foundation the next 10 years

They don't have to be a last place team to come up with a very good prospect this year. I understand your sentiment because I would also love to be in position for a top pick.But it would also be pleasant to see some of that young talent contribute to more wins. .

It will be interesting to see what the GM does at the trade deadline. Murray is fun to follow because he is not afraid to make deals and act on his convictions. I thought it was a mistake to give up a first round pick for the goalie, Leonard. After seeing him in a few games since he returned I'm happy to say that I am wrong about the deal. Without a doubt the Sabres are on an upswing and they are fun to watch.

It will be interesting to see what the GM does at the trade deadline. Murray is fun to follow because he is not afraid to make deals and act on his convictions. I thought it was a mistake to give up a first round pick for the goalie, Leonard. After seeing him in a few games since he returned I'm happy to say that I am wrong about the deal. Without a doubt the Sabres are on an upswing and they are fun to watch.

Long way to go before we know if Lehner was worth the pick. I need the rest of this year, and through December of next year. But damn, I so want them to win these next two! Knock the friggen Bruins out of a playoff spot!

Long way to go before we know if Lehner was worth the pick. I need the rest of this year, and through December of next year. But damn, I so want them to win these next two! Knock the friggen Bruins out of a playoff spot!

Ochocinco between the pipes tonight.

I agree with you that it is still too early to come to a conclusive judgment on Lehner as a #1 goalie. But in the few games post his injury you can see the ability that made him appealing to the GM. I thought Ullmark showed signs that eventually he could develop into a NHL goalie. But as you suggested making early judgments on goalies can make you look foolish. That is why I think EL is going to get a lot a playing time for the rest of the season. The organization wants to find out sooner rather than later in what they have with him.

Here are the projected lineups:

BRUINS

Brad Marchand - Patrice Bergeron - Brett Connolly

Loui Eriksson - David Krejci - David Pastrnak

Matt Beleskey - Ryan Spooner - Jimmy Hayes

Zac Rinaldo - Max Talbot - Landon Ferraro

Zdeno Chara - Zach Trotman

Dennis Seidenberg - Colin Miller

Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask

Jonas Gustavsson

Injured: Adam McQuaid (upper body), Chris Kelly (broken left femur)

Scratched: Joonas Kemppainen, Tyler Randell, Joe Morrow

SABRES

Jamie McGinn - Ryan O'Reilly - Sam Reinhart

Zemgus Girgensons - Jack Eichel - Marcus Foligno

Evander Kane - Johan Larsson - Brian Gionta

Matt Moulson - David Legwand - Nicolas Deslauriers

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Zach Bogosian - Mark Pysyk

Jake McCabe - Cody Franson

Chad Johnson

Robin Lehner

Injured: Tyler Ennis (upper body), Cody McCormick (blood clot)

Scratched: Mike Weber, Carlo Colaiacovo

Status update: McQuaid practiced Thursday. He has been out since Jan. 5 because of an upper-body injury.

Who's hot: Eichel has two goals and three assists in the past three games. … Krejci has one goal and four assists during a four-game point streak. … Beleskey has three assists in the past two games.

@JoeYerdon

Tuukkamania vs. Eichelmania in Buffalo tonight as Rask makes his first start in Buffalo in almost 4 years. #BOSvsBUF https://www.nhl.com/news/boston-bruins-tuukka-rask-back-in-goal-vs-buffalo-sabres/c-278288648?tid=277729158

Don't forget there is yet another draft format this year:

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

Edited by ricojes

Don't forget there is yet another draft format this year:

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.

The allocation of odds for the 1st Lottery draw will be the same as outlined above for the 2015 NHL Draft Lottery. The odds for the remaining teams will increase on a proportionate basis for the 2nd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 1st Lottery draw, and again for the 3rd Lottery draw, based on which Club wins the 2nd Lottery draw.

The 11 Clubs not selected in the Draft Lottery will be assigned NHL Draft selections 4 through 14, in inverse order of regular-season points.

If I read that correctly it means Edmonton gets the top pick right?

2-4: TIM MURRAY ON WGR (15:55)

Sabres GM Tim Murray on WGR right now!

Murray - "My highlight of my road trip was St. Cloud State, and their 2 games and Will Borgen." #Sabres

Murray on top of 2016 NHL Draft Class - I'd say it's pretty good... The [CHL] Top Prospects Game didn't stand out, but it was useful.

Murray on 2016 NHL Draft Class - Deeper talent at the top. Today, I'd say it's a bit better than the last one. #Sabres

Murray on NHL Trade Deadline - I'm not selling today. We have 2-3 weeks to show if we're contending or not. I'll wait to see where we are

Murray on scouting for NHL Draft - We'll see what we do at the trade deadline, that will have an effect on where we start scouting #Sabres

Murray on McGinn - We have a plan, and we've spoken to him and his agent. We've talked about term and money... cont.

Murray on McGinn (cont.) - ...if we can get a deal done, great. If not, we do not want a guy walking without something in return.

Damn, first we have Al Jazeera reporting on Peyton Manning, and now we have ISIS reporting on hockey.

Nothing wrong with a terrorist having a hobby.

CaaGScoUAAEN9M5.png

@BuffaloSabres

Buffalo Sabres Retweeted Joey Finley

White jerseys at home tonight 1f525.png#BOSvsBUF

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/695389011276275712/pu/vid/720x1280/efg7yA24d9AqQYYc.mp4

I'm thinking the same way. Then again, I think it most Bills seasons when I know the playoffs are not happening.

Ochocinco between the pipes tonight.

I know he "made " that spectacular save when Bergeron (i think ) shot it into his glove, but like i said in this thread around December...he just has a penchant for spitting goals in the 3rd in close games. That was a bad goal to Marchard last night, no two ways about it. No great save needed in OT if he makes that save, we get an extra point and the Bruins get ZERO! Oh well, guess too early to play Robin back to back.

Hmm, no Jeanneret?

first thing i said to my son when we sat to watch..hope all is well..and i really like Dunleavy.