Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What’s it like to be a rookie when: Jack Eichel

Kristina Rutherford - Sportnet Magazine

Like many rookies, Eichel is doing his share of stargazing, appreciating the skill of the world’s best while he plays against them. But the 19-year-old from North Chelmsford, Mass., does so through a different lens than his fellow first-year NHLers. That’s because he faces the same task as the guys he grew up watching most, Crosby and Alex Ovechkin, which is nothing less than helping turn around a struggling franchise. Seeing those players first-hand is not only surreal. It’s also a reminder of the most valuable lesson Eichel has learned through his first half-season in Buffalo: He has to be patient.

This is something Eichel thinks about a lot. Last year’s Hobey Baker Award winner doesn’t shrug off the expectations of being the centrepiece of the Buffalo Sabres’ rescue plan with an “I’m just going to focus on hockey” answer.

hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpgVS. s6HtuLNN_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

SABRES (21-26-5) at BRUINS (27-18-6)

SAT FEB 6, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Bruins go for sweep against Sabres

Season series: The Boston Bruins have won two of the three games against the Buffalo Sabres this season. Boston forward Ryan Spooner has two goals and two assists in the three games and scored the game-deciding shootout goal in a 3-2 win Thursday in the first half of the home-and-home series. Matt Beleskey also has two goals for Boston. Jack Eichel, Ryan O'Reilly and Evander Kane each has two goals each for Buffalo.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 229)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 52 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 15 games
Marcus Foligno (lower body) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/3: Activated F Nicolas Deslauriers and F Sam Reinhart from IR
2/5: Recalled F Daniel Catenacci from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Feb. 9: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Feb. 11: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 12: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 14: Colorado at Buffalo, 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 16: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at BRUINS
This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo, 3-2 (SO), in Buffalo on Feb. 4
The Sabres are 3-4-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-4-2 on the road.
This is the 281st game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 121-116-43 series record.
The Sabres are 48-70-20 on the road against the Bruins all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Foligno day-to-day with injury; recall made; Ennis skates. Practice report >> http://bufsabres.co/vEQOMV

CaernTMWcAEtT0d.png

Shipping up to Boston.. Sabres prep for rematch at @HARBORCTR before traveling. @duffersabres with the latest >> https://amp.twimg.com/prod/multibr_v_1/video/2016/02/05/20/97bd9295-f2cd-4376-bd63-73aac742d2ef-libx264-main-2028k.mp4?yTSoVzI0cFCEUCuN2siVvfsdPAu4b0AtPYcGdzK2KAI%3D

Ryan O'Reilly explains why he spent extra time on the ice today, despite optional practice: http://bufsabres.co/0NxmGj

Caf8ZIfUAAAiMFo.png

@NHLBruins

Marchand on consistency + updates on McQuaid, Gustavsson & Kemper from Friday's practice: http://bbru.in/1nMUlgC

Cae2wuzXIAA--cF.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres G Robin Lehner on his emergence, why he's so loud & why you don't go near his crease. Story: http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/robin-lehner-becoming-no-1-goalie-sabres-wanted/

"A whack or 2."

Man, he laid the lumber on Plekanic in Montreal and then punched him in the head for good measure. Been a while since I've seen our goalie do that.

GO SABRES!!!

Remember when John Muckler used to just go on vacation to Florida for about ten days during the middle of the season when he was the head coach.

That sounds even more whacked to me now than it did then.

Surprised no one mentioned the Sabres Road Show stop in Boston last night at the Harp. Great event. About 150 in attendance. Celebs included Rene Robert, Danny Gare, Rob Ray, Brad May and Brian Duff. Coach Dan Bylsma stopped by halfway through. All were friendly and approachable. The Harp, BTW, is across the street from the Bruins arena and is the Boston Bills Backers bar.

Yeah that call was horses**t, even more so considering McGinn didn't get a PS about 15 minutes earlier. But what the heck is Risto doing giving that puck away like that? Both goals were the result of absolutely moronic giveaways.

On the bright side, got to love Lehner losing his mind at the end. It's great to have players that get p*ssed off and don't meekly tolerate losing. That's how to start a culture change.

Edited by QCity

Yeah that call was horses**t, even more so considering McGinn didn't get a PS about 15 minutes earlier. But what the heck is Risto doing giving that puck away like that? Both goals were the result of absolutely moronic giveaways.

On the bright side, got to love Lehner losing his mind at the end. It's great to have players that get p*ssed off and don't meekly tolerate losing. That's how to start a culture change.

Agree on all points. Like Risto after game, saying just what you said. He took. Lame for the giveaway, and did not blame the call.

This team reminds of the team in 04. Playing well, just can not get get the W's. Seems very little has gone in their favor this year. I am optimistic about next year though.

And Lehner... Likee so far.

When you watch the Sabres play good teams they are keeping up with them. Obviously, they lack the scoring. But there are few games in which they are overwhelmed or clearly the inferior team.

As I said in prior posts I originally thought Murray shouldn't have given up a first round pick for Lehner. After recently watching him I now understand why he gave up the first round pick. He's big, highly competitive and he seems to be moving with more control and efficiency. He may be our long term #1 goalie. With that position you never know. Someone who looks exceptional can then fall off the cliff.

The one player I really feel bad for is Moulson. What a dreadful season for him. He looks lost and desperate. The coach has tried a variety line combinations to get him going. Nothing is working. The effort is there but watching him you can see a depressed player. Would love to see him connect.

is there a call to be made there on Marchard hitting the stick out of Risto's hands?

You would think so, right?

The one player I really feel bad for is Moulson. What a dreadful season for him. He looks lost and desperate. The coach has tried a variety line combinations to get him going. Nothing is working. The effort is there but watching him you can see a depressed player. Would love to see him connect.

Moulson looks done. Hard to watch too. Eichel served up a perfect pass to Moulson alone to the right of Rask and he whiffed because he didn't have his stick on the ice. No excuse.

I feel worse for Eichel, though. He would easily have a dozen more assists if he were playing with guys who had half the clue he has on the ice.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

Hooking. The ref called Risto for hooking. How you do that without a stick defies logic.

Glad Risto made himself accountable, though.

GO SABRES!!!

I can't find highlights right now for some reason. I'd love to see when the ref's hand went up.