Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

I can't find highlights right now for some reason. I'd love to see when the ref's hand went up.

That's a good question. I suppose Risto could have hooked before he had the stick knocked out of his hands.

GO SABRES!!!

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think so, right?

Moulson looks done. Hard to watch too. Eichel served up a perfect pass to Moulson alone to the right of Rask and he whiffed because he didn't have his stick on the ice. No excuse.

I feel worse for Eichel, though. He would easily have a dozen more assists if he were playing with guys who had half the clue he has on the ice.

GO SABRES!!!

You bring up an interesting issue: Who on this roster or outside additions would be good line mates for Eichel?

That's a good question. I suppose Risto could have hooked before he had the stick knocked out of his hands.

GO SABRES!!!

If it actually went up when he had the stick that would be far too early for a penalty shot.

You bring up an interesting issue: Who on this roster or outside additions would be good line mates for Eichel?

I like McGinn on the wing, but they need a bona fide goal scorer with him.

Obviously Stamkos would be the cream of the FA crop, but if they can't land him I'd go after Okposo

I like McGinn on the wing, but they need a bona fide goal scorer with him.

Obviously Stamkos would be the cream of the FA crop, but if they can't land him I'd go after Okposo

I'll be very curious to see how the draft goes this year. If they wind up in the top 3, one of those giant Finns would be very intriguing, with a line that could physically dominate. I'd rather see a more NHL ready presence on his wing, but I'm not quite sure where that would come from.

On this roster? O'Reilly is the only other forward that could be a consistent finisher on Eichel's wing at present.

I plead ignorance as to outside additions. Bandit mentioned Stamkos and Okposoand I agree, but I would really have to study it. Right now, I like the idea of one of these big Finnish forwards who could both step into the league right now. Put one on Eich's wing for the next 10 years and let them grow up together.

GO SABRES!!!

On this roster? O'Reilly is the only other forward that could be a consistent finisher on Eichel's wing at present.

I plead ignorance as to outside additions. Bandit mentioned Stamkos and Okposoand I agree, but I would really have to study it. Right now, I like the idea of one of these big Finnish forwards who could both step into the league right now. Put one on Eich's wing for the next 10 years and let them grow up together.

GO SABRES!!!

The Sabres have a good young core. I'm of the mind of just draft the best players and let them develop, even if it is in the minors for a year or so.

Your O'Reilly suggestion brings up the issue whether it would be better to put O'Reilly or Eichel in the center spot if they played on the same line? I would lean toward O'Reilly as the center but each is good enough and versatile enough to play either position.

O'Reilly is an interesting player. He works so hard in practice and in the games that you can see his compulsive work ethic depleting him. He is too important to sit down for a game or so but I think it would freshen up his legs if he did so. He's got to be one of the best two way players in the league. You win championships with this type of player on your roster. The stats don't tell you how valuable he is to the team.

The Sabres have a good young core. I'm of the mind of just draft the best players and let them develop, even if it is in the minors for a year or so.

Your O'Reilly suggestion brings up the issue whether it would be better to put O'Reilly or Eichel in the center spot if they played on the same line? I would lean toward O'Reilly as the center but each is good enough and versatile enough to play either position.

O'Reilly is an interesting player. He works so hard in practice and in the games that you can see his compulsive work ethic depleting him. He is too important to sit down for a game or so but I think it would freshen up his legs if he did so. He's got to be one of the best two way players in the league. You win championships with this type of player on your roster. The stats don't tell you how valuable he is to the team.

I wouldn't put them together; I really liked the Kane-ROR-Rinehart line earlier in the year, and would be really happy to see them united for the long-term.

If they can land Stamkos or Okposo, that's who I'd put with Eichel. Throw McGinn on the other wing and you've got a solid combination there.

Girgensons is an ideal 3rd line center. Flank him with Ennis and one of the up-and-comers like Baptiste, Bailey, or Fasching and you have a really solid top-9.

I wouldn't put them together; I really liked the Kane-ROR-Rinehart line earlier in the year, and would be really happy to see them united for the long-term.

If they can land Stamkos or Okposo, that's who I'd put with Eichel. Throw McGinn on the other wing and you've got a solid combination there.

Girgensons is an ideal 3rd line center. Flank him with Ennis and one of the up-and-comers like Baptiste, Bailey, or Fasching and you have a really solid top-9.

Just to be clear, I am not advocating putting O'Reilly on Eichel's wing. The question was what other forward on this team could be a consistent finisher for Eichel and I don't see anyone other than O'Reilly at present. Girgs is the perfect compliment for Eichel and a sniper.

All of it's moot since Eichel's forwards keep getting hurt. Just heard Girgs sat out practice with yet another injury today. Hopefully, it's just precautionary andhe plays tomorrow.

GO BILLS!!!

In another year or two Reinhart is going to be a center. Effectively playing in front of the net was a role that not many people expected. The attributes that stood-out when he was a prospect were his instincts and hockey intelligence. Ultimately he's going to be a distributor more than a finisher. He would be a high quality number #two center.

I understand your attraction to Stamkos but there is no way that he could he fit in with the type of lucrative and length of contract he will soon command.

I agree with you that Girgensons would be an ideal third center. And although Ennis has been off the shelf due to injuries his ability to score and create are still talents that this offensively challenge team needs in the not to distant future.

The Moulson contract and length (I believe another two years) is going to limit the team's options. Maybe a buyout could be utilized. Not only has he dropped off the cliff but he has also vanished. He's a good guy who simply has lost it. That's a shame. .

In another year or two Reinhart is going to be a center. Effectively playing in front of the net was a role that not many people expected. The attributes that stood-out when he was a prospect were his instincts and hockey intelligence. Ultimately he's going to be a distributor more than a finisher. He would be a high quality number #two center.

I understand your attraction to Stamkos but there is no way that he could he fit in with the type of lucrative and length of contract he will soon command.

I agree with you that Girgensons would be an ideal third center. And although Ennis has been off the shelf due to injuries his ability to score and create are still talents that this offensively challenge team needs in the not to distant future.

The Moulson contract and length (I believe another two years) is going to limit the team's options. Maybe a buyout could be utilized. Not only has he dropped off the cliff but he has also vanished. He's a good guy who simply has lost it. That's a shame. .

The Sabres aren't close to the cap so we can over pay Moulson. In retrospect a move I would have liked this offseason was offer Taresenko an offer sheet similar to the contract he got from St. Louis and if they matched try and to haggle Oshi from them because they couldn't keep both of them under contract and we end up with a top 6 winger.

The Sabres aren't close to the cap so we can over pay Moulson. In retrospect a move I would have liked this offseason was offer Taresenko an offer sheet similar to the contract he got from St. Louis and if they matched try and to haggle Oshi from them because they couldn't keep both of them under contract and we end up with a top 6 winger.

I know we are not near the cap now but we do have a number of young players who would be going into their next contract in the same vicinity of time.

5x72xFEa_200x200.jpgVS. hb9K6ARm_200x200.jpg

cut.jpg

PANTHERS (31-16-6) at SABRES (21-26-6)

TUE FEB 9, 2015 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B/BELL TV

NHL.com Game Preview: Barkov ruled out against Sabres

Season series: Corban Knight and Derek MacKenzie each had a goal and an assist in the Florida Panthers' 5-1 win against the Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center on Jan. 5. Linus Ullmark made 36 saves in Buffalo's 3-2 win against Florida at BB&T Center on Nov. 12.

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 232)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clot, Oct. 8; injured reserve) – 53 games
Tyler Ennis (upper body, Dec. 31; injured reserve) – 16 games
Marcus Foligno (lower body) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/3: Activated F Nicolas Deslauriers and F Sam Reinhart from IR
2/5: Recalled F Daniel Catenacci from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 11: Buffalo at Philadelphia, 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 12: Montreal at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 14: Colorado at Buffalo, 12:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Feb. 16: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 19: Buffalo at Columbus, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

PANTHERS at SABRES
This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Panthers this season.
Last meeting: Florida defeated Buffalo, 5-1, in Buffalo on Jan. 5
The Sabres are 2-8-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Panthers; 3-6-1 at home.
This is the 88th game all-time between Buffalo and Florida; Buffalo has a 46-34-7 series record.
The Sabres are 25-15-4 at home against the Panthers all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png Marcus Foligno discusses his injury & hope to be ready to go tomorrow: http://bufsabres.co/aT1b7p

CauDPLfUkAAUYAq.png

"New day." Lehner sees positives in his team's fight lately; looking forward. http://bufsabres.co/nmWx4H

CauFTf1UUAAGX_x.png

An energetic crowd cheered on the Sabres at practice today. @duffersabres' recap: http://bufsabres.co/bNXlee

CauHOrvUkAA7CUH.png

Marcus Foligno rejoins team; hopeful to return Tuesday. Ice Level updates >> http://bufsabres.co/tQ29NV

CauQQ59W4AAaDUe.jpg

2-9: DAN BYLSMA TALKS SHOOTOUTS AND MORE ON WGR (20:00)

Buffalo Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma on WGR NOW

Bylsma on why Eichel isn't used in the shootout more: "It may come as a surprise, but he hasn't had a lot of success in practice"

More: "Without question he will be. He has the ability, he has the moves, he has the hands"

Bylsma says the team does scouting reports on opposing goalies for shootouts and players can watch video themselves

Bylsma on Eichel + Girgensons: "(Playing ) with Zemgus and the speed and straight-forward working game, that was some of Jack's best games"