Sabres and NHL 2015-16

26CornerBlitz

@BuffaloSabres

Coach Bylsma says Lehner starts in goal tonight; Girgensons will not play (lower-body) & Larsson tweaked something, may not play. #FLAvsBUF

Full lineup is game-time decision, but 7 defensemen is a possibility tonight, per Coach Bylsma.

@kevinoDandC

Johan Larsson dinged in #Sabres morning skate. IF a recall is made, will it be Tim Schaller or, for the first time, Justin Bailey?

If #Sabres do dress 7 D-men and have a D-man take shifts at forward, it's an alarming indictment of what they think about #Amerks forwards.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffNewsVogl

Injuries topic of the morning for Sabres, Panthers with Girgensons, Barkov out and Larsson a game-time decision. http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2016/02/09/key-injuries-for-sabres-panthers-with-girgensons-barkov-out-larsson-questionable/

Friedman's 30 Thoughts: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-whats-behind-crosbys-scoring-surge/

Good stuff on the O'Reilly's influence on the team.

IR requires a player to be out for 7 days, so dressing an extra d-man isn't necessarily an indictment of the Rochester roster. If a guy like Larsson or Zemgus is only going to be out a day or two, they'd be forced to keep them out of the lineup for the whole week if they wanted to bring someone up. Just about the only way around that I could think of is if you free up a roster spot by sending McCabe down for a day. There's no way that's happening.

IR requires a player to be out for 7 days, so dressing an extra d-man isn't necessarily an indictment of the Rochester roster. If a guy like Larsson or Zemgus is only going to be out a day or two, they'd be forced to keep them out of the lineup for the whole week if they wanted to bring someone up. Just about the only way around that I could think of is if you free up a roster spot by sending McCabe down for a day. There's no way that's happening.

Kevin O later corrected himself after realizing that the roster already had 23 players.

@BuffaloSabres

1f3a5.png Watch Coach Bylsma's pregame comments for lineup & injury updates: http://bufsabres.co/rp8O4p

#FLAvsBUF

Cay1kuDWIAEMkXT.png

Coach Bylsma describes his philosophy on using 7 defensemen, a possibility tonight: http://bufsabres.co/R3SZb1

Cay8YPmUAAAc8cr.png

@JoeYerdon

Joe Yerdon Retweeted NHL

My At The Rink preview for tonight. Get on it.

@NHL

Aleksander Barkov ruled out for @FlaPanthers vs. @BuffaloSabres: http://s.nhl.com/6018BwmI8

#FLAvsBUF

@Senators

TRADE: The #Sens acquire defenceman Dion Phaneuf from Toronto in nine-player trade

#Sens get Phaneuf, Frattin, Bailey, Rupert and Donaghey in exchange for Cowen, Greening, Michalek, Lindberg and 2nd-rounder in 2017.

Very happy about this, if just for getting rid of Cowen and Greening. Phaneuf will be solid in the second pairing with Ceci.

Mike Robataille is part of a lawsuit against the league regarding health and safety issues. I know that I am in the minority but I am against fighting. It takes a toll on the combatants, especially the designated fighters. There is no fighting in college hockey and in the olympics. Both are an excellent brand of hockey.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/former-sabre-takes-action-against-nhl/38677977

I know more about the Bils than Sabres, but seriously can at least one of them stop sucking?

The Sabres were on a multi-year plan to suck so they wouldn't have to suck any more. Update: They suck bad and are clearly in the race for worst record in the league yet again.. At least the Leafs try every year when they suck. It never works but the Sabres strategy has simply been a different kind of disaster. The Sabres supposedly have all of these good players but they lose almost every game. How many years does a re-build take in the NHL and what year are we in? I don't feel qualified to answer these questions but know what wins and losses are. It should not take 10 years to do a re-build.

Can a hockey expert give a reasonable guess as to what year the Sabres will make the playoffs and what year they will win at least one series in the playoffs? Simply making it should be easy if they have all these supposed superstars.

At what point does it become time to go back to square 1 of the re-build? Eichel seems young enough to keep for sure, but would probably get a lot of trade value. It sure looks like all the Sabres eggs are in his basket. The other guys they have brought in like Kane, Moulson, Legwand and this horrible goalie have produced nothing. Reinhart is the Flutie of hockey....meaning he is tiny and he sucks.....and Ennis is Connoly part 2. I can't imagine getting a bag of pucks for any of them. I feel bad for the coach.

For the record I am not suggesting trading Eichel if only because it would distract from the discussion.

I will ask this though: If the NHL were to expand by one team and every team could protect 5 players from the expansion draft, would that expansion team make the playoffs before the Sabres? Does that mean Eichel is overvalued because 1 player....or 5 players, do not make a team? If Eichel is indeed overvalued why not take advantage of the situation and get a lot for him? I think I know the answer is that no one team has enough to get us that value back and I will buy that. It just seems that it will suck being stuck for the next few years....maybe 10....with a top heavy bad team.

Mike Robataille is part of a lawsuit against the league regarding health and safety issues. I know that I am in the minority but I am against fighting. It takes a toll on the combatants, especially the designated fighters. There is no fighting in college hockey and in the olympics. Both are an excellent brand of hockey.

I am too. I'm surprised fighting has survived this long.

I know more about the Bils than Sabres, but seriously can at least one of them stop sucking?

The Sabres were on a multi-year plan to suck so they wouldn't have to suck any more. Update: They suck bad and are clearly in the race for worst record in the league yet again.. At least the Leafs try every year when they suck. It never works but the Sabres strategy has simply been a different kind of disaster. The Sabres supposedly have all of these good players but they lose almost every game. How many years does a re-build take in the NHL and what year are we in? I don't feel qualified to answer these questions but know what wins and losses are. It should not take 10 years to do a re-build.

Can a hockey expert give a reasonable guess as to what year the Sabres will make the playoffs and what year they will win at least one series in the playoffs? Simply making it should be easy if they have all these supposed superstars.

At what point does it become time to go back to square 1 of the re-build? Eichel seems young enough to keep for sure, but would probably get a lot of trade value. It sure looks like all the Sabres eggs are in his basket. The other guys they have brought in like Kane, Moulson, Legwand and this horrible goalie have produced nothing. Reinhart is the Flutie of hockey....meaning he is tiny and he sucks.....and Ennis is Connoly part 2. I can't imagine getting a bag of pucks for any of them. I feel bad for the coach.

For the record I am not suggesting trading Eichel if only because it would distract from the discussion.

I will ask this though: If the NHL were to expand by one team and every team could protect 5 players from the expansion draft, would that expansion team make the playoffs before the Sabres? Does that mean Eichel is overvalued because 1 player....or 5 players, do not make a team? If Eichel is indeed overvalued why not take advantage of the situation and get a lot for him? I think I know the answer is that no one team has enough to get us that value back and I will buy that. It just seems that it will suck being stuck for the next few years....maybe 10....with a top heavy bad team.

Wow.

Come on man. This take is simply ridiculous.

Come on man. This take is simply ridiculous.

They are vying for the worst record in hockey. That is an accurate statement right? Maybe there are reasons someone can explain....maybe you can. Do you foresee them making the playoffs next year?.....3 years?.......10? When will they win a series? And would an expansion team be better poised to make the playoffs than the Sabres?

The fans who like fighting in hockey are the same people who enjoy professional wrestling.

They are vying for the worst record in hockey. That is an accurate statement right? Maybe there are reasons someone can explain....maybe you can. Do you foresee them making the playoffs next year?.....3 years?.......10? When will they win a series? And would an expansion team be better poised to make the playoffs than the Sabres?

An NHL team does not go from being a historically bad, two time dead last, rock bottom non-contender to a playoff challenger in one season. The building process is simply not done and Tim Murray has much more work to do.

@CBSSportsNHL

Update: Round 3 of Kane vs. Petrovic happened. Kane finished 3-0. Panthers won the game. http://cbsprt.co/1QUqAV1

Ca0pCZzWwAAsgOp.png